• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Too soon to ask when the next trailer is likely to drop?

I don't expect anyone to actually know, but what has been the typical timing for past movies?

2 hours ago, fett said:

uggh. probably at the very least a couple of months. It's going to be a long wait. :cry:

Truth be told, it's probably better to not watch any of those trailers to limit spoilers.  Personally, the End Game teaser doesn't really show us anything we didn't already know, except for the Ronin reveal.  I for one won't be watching any other marketing material for this movie from here on out to preserve any surprises.  I'm just gonna have this teaser on repeat from now until April.  :bigsmile:

45 minutes ago, kdoginohio said:

Taking bets on who Tony runs into at the last minute? Galactus? Eternals? Adam Warlock? What's left of the Nova corps?(shrug)

Mebbe Pepper Potts in an Iron Man suit?  she's done it before, and she's in the Avengers 4 credits on IMDb. Or War Machine.
Looking at the IMDb credits offers further clues:  (Think I'll wrap it in spoilers for those who don't wanna know)

Spoiler

there's credits for "70's Car Girl #1" and "1970's Scientist / Lab Worker" which implies a scene from the 1970's.  (time travel?)  Also Crossbones (ditto, since he died in Civil War).  Also Tilda Swinton reprising her role as the ancient One (didn't she die in Dr. strange?)  The Wasp and Janet Van Dyne  are credited (they disappeared in the ant Man and the Wasp ending credits).  Lots of Midtown High School Students credited.  Of course Brie Larson as Captain Marvel.

Noticable absences:  Tom Holland as Spider-Man.  No Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter.  Also no Loki, Gamora, Dr. Strange, Vision, Falcon or Star-Lord.
'Course the credits may be incomplete.

Edited by Unca Ben

I honestly thought that was the worst Avengers trailer. Only part that caught my attention was the title & Ant-Man at the end. I've watched every other Avengers trailer multiple times, maybe dozens on a few even. I've seen this one twice & have little interest in watching it again. IMHO, this was a major disappointment. I don't see this hyping up the movie the way they hope it will. We probably have to wait for Captain Marvel before a descent trailer is released. This is honestly the worst one I've seen from Marvel in a long time. Even Caps lines sounded off. I know some of you like that nothing is revealed but that is generally the point of a trailer. All we get is a glimmer of the drama we felt as Infinity War ended. Didn't get me excited at all.

10 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

I honestly thought that was the worst Avengers trailer.

Agree 100%.

This is The Avengers, for goodness sake. Give me a fight scene, not "I love you Pepper".

I thought it was decent, but I would’ve liked to see some action.  

But really, a trailer doesn’t matter to me. It could’ve been 2 minutes of black screen and it wouldn’t change my mind. I’m definitely seeing this in the theater.

13 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

But really, a trailer doesn’t matter to me. It could’ve been 2 minutes of black screen and it wouldn’t change my mind. I’m definitely seeing this in the theater.

They want to tease the death of the characters, even if Pepper will come flying along in a suit to save Tony!

2 hours ago, Bird said:

They want to tease the death of the characters, even if Pepper will come flying along in a suit to save Tony!

2 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

They want us to feel despair but the scenes lack anything close to where Infinity War left off. I'm obviously seeing it in theaters though, that was never in doubt. Anyways, I think they got a lot of people hyped up for a dud trailer that will likely have few scenes in the actual film released next year. They should have put a tease of Captain Marvel to inspire some hope. I think a lot of fans will have mixed feelings over this trailer, but I certainly don't think it will effect ticket sales. They will definitely have an amazing one put out before pre ticket sales are available. It just didn't feel like a real trailer. All of this to keep the plot under wraps & the title actually gives nothing away. I think that was their intention. Avengers 4 could be anything from Infinity Gauntlet to the Kree/Skrull Wars under the pseudonym End Game.

Just now, chezmtghut said:

They should have put a tease of Captain Marvel to inspire some hope.

I agree but I imagine we will see that type of scene in the trailer during showings of the Captain Marvel movie or post credits. No sense in showing her until people know who she is.

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

I agree but I imagine we will see that type of scene in the trailer during showings of the Captain Marvel movie or post credits. No sense in showing her until people know who she is.

I don't think it really matters if they introduce a new character in the trailer. Besides a lot of people following have probably seen the Captain Marvel trailer & will already have a sense of who she is.

10 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

I don't think it really matters if they introduce a new character in the trailer. Besides a lot of people following have probably seen the Captain Marvel trailer & will already have a sense of who she is.

My wife was choked up at the CM trailer. The girl, teenager, woman transitions really resonate with her and my daughters. Women have been waiting for this and Wonder Woman got them psyched. So knowing who she is is quite different than how they could feel after seeing her movie.

52 minutes ago, Bird said:

My wife was choked up at the CM trailer. The girl, teenager, woman transitions really resonate with her and my daughters. Women have been waiting for this and Wonder Woman got them psyched. So knowing who she is is quite different than how they could feel after seeing her movie.

That should give you an idea of the impact it would have had on the trailer though. If women are just as psyched about the Avengers films as men, with Captain Marvel leading the team, it will be a total game changer.

3 hours ago, Bird said:

Agree completely.  The time to get everyone hyped about Captain Marvel's connection to Avengers 4 is within the Captain Marvel movie itself -- and I would bet anything it will be in the post-credits scene.

38 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Agree completely.  The time to get everyone hyped about Captain Marvel's connection to Avengers 4 is within the Captain Marvel movie itself -- and I would bet anything it will be in the post-credits scene.

The movie is set in the 90's, so that pretty much goes without saying. Fury already dropped the dime (or should I say pager) on her involvement in the post credit scene of Infinity War though, so people are already hyped about it. IMHO, it would only increase interest in her solo outing. How is that a bad thing?

Edited by chezmtghut

It could also be that the first part of this trailer (Stark drifting in space (perhaps with Nebula), needing to be rescued) sets up the post-credit scene for Captain Marvel...she rescues Stark and gets him to earth.   Pure speculation on my party, but they may want to tell as much story as possible before Avengers 4 begins, given that the most recent cut was 3 hours.  

On 12/9/2018 at 10:00 AM, Drummy said:

It could also be that the first part of this trailer (Stark drifting in space (perhaps with Nebula), needing to be rescued) sets up the post-credit scene for Captain Marvel...she rescues Stark and gets him to earth.   Pure speculation on my party, but they may want to tell as much story as possible before Avengers 4 begins, given that the most recent cut was 3 hours.  

Or it is possible that it is the very last part of the film, and that is how the write out Tony, put him adrift in a space craft and let him ride off into the cosmos.

1 hour ago, Octavius said:

Or it is possible that it is the very last part of the film, and that is how the write out Tony, put him adrift in a space craft and let him ride off into the cosmos.

I really don't think so.  Every part of the dialogue in that little scene is setting up something that happens next -- most likely he will be rescued by either Captain Marvel or, wait for it, Rescue herself (Pepper in the purple armor, photos of which are available online).