• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2018 at 6:28 AM, fantastic_four said:

Is it possible they changed the name of the film from "Annihilation" to "Endgame" due to the leak?  Or is it more likely the leak source was weak?

Sweet Baby Jesus, I can post!

Endgame was always the title. It was accidentally leaked by a cinematographer, on his personal website resume, who worked with the Russo Bros on The Winter Solider, Civil War, Infinity War, and this latest installation. He changed it to say "Avengers 4" within 24 hours because someone noticed this and it became widespread.

Annihilation was just another false rumor suggested and run with by fans, including myself. The silence by Disney/Marvel/Russos made it seem real. In the back of my mind, I was always betting it would be Endgame, but as I said, that silence from the officials seemed damning...

This has probably already been addressed, but I must've missed it...

At the end of the trailer, we see Antman outside of Avengers Mansion, but he was trapped in the Quantum zone at the end of his own movie. Do we know how he got out?

I don't see how some of you can say this is a "bad" trailer. It gave us looks at all of the original Avengers, a small glimpse of Nebula, but also surprisingly a look at Ant-Man while no Rocket. A tease, fake or otherwise, of the looming end for Tony Stark (I don't see how he can continue to live within the MCU and not be Iron Man - he won't retire - he has to die IMO). Depressed Rogers, Romanoff, Banner, and Thor. Official Ronin reveal (RIP Barton family). Recreation of the Thanos armor scarecrow from the comics (Russo Bros continue to creep into Snyder reputation for paying respect to source material).

Marvel Studios/Russo Bros said that there will be no promotion of any "dusted" characters throughout the entirety of this film's advertisement period. Rightfully so.

I can respect and understand not "loving" this trailer, but I don't see how it can be "bad" - at all. I love the film title omission from the trailer title. Love the description. The goading-you-into-an-emotional-Stark-death-preview opening, the lack of information while also providing nice visuals, and hype music is all great.

They said that this movie "doesn't do what you think it does". I hope that this is the truth, as opposed to the title lies.

4 minutes ago, Gaard said:

At the end of the trailer, we see Antman outside of Avengers Mansion, but he was trapped in the Quantum zone at the end of his own movie. Do we know how he got out?

No, but I suspect it's Luis (his van) or his daughter somehow activating/deactivation the Quantum Tunnel after finding the van and seeing no support.

32 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Time vortex?  If you look at the video it looks like it says "Archive" and "1983"?

On 12/7/2018 at 8:39 AM, ygogolak said:

Well, I'm shocked.

And....Ronin!

I was 50/50 with the title. In my heart/gut, I felt it was Endgame, but (as mentioned above) the silence on the Annihilation running rumor was just too damning to me.

I find it hilarious that Hawkeye is mostly a useless Avenger, but everyone seemingly "missed" him in Infinity War. I didn't. Ronin isn't as useless to me as Hawkeye, though. Swords > Bow/Arrow. I guess the family treatment in Age of Ultron really payed off..?

10 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

Time vortex?  If you look at the video it looks like it says "Archive" and "1983"?

I'm torn on what to think. On the one hand, I think he may figure out how to "control" time vortexes in brief exploration of the QR, but JVD said that they "wouldn't be able to save" him (and I think Luis or his daughter finds the van to save him). She could be wrong, though, because Pym didn't think he could escape the QR prior to Lang as Ant-Man.

Overall, I think he figures out time vortexes, gets saved by Luis/Cassie, and uses his knowledge with Stark and Shuri to create wrist-band Quantum "Tunnels" to travel back in time. All this, of course, is influenced by the "recreation" of the BoNY set photos (which may or may not even occur in this movie)...

7 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

A proper ellipsis should have three dots, not two.

:fear:

The use of an ellipsis with a question mark is 2 periods prior to the question mark.

Now, there is generally no consensus on this usage. This, of course, is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand... I just don't understand the purpose of correcting a single grammatical error across multiple posts about said topic...

Had JSJ lumped the correction in with discussion of the movie and/or my comments, I would happily ignore this otherwise normal nugget of information...

32 minutes ago, DjMartini said:

. . . !

Hate it!

At least now I know why this hated blogger/fake-source/rumor-monger uses that format, being from a Chicago source.

Am I the only one who's watched the Endgame trailer 100+ times?

I also watched Infinity War for the 89th time on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, bababooey said:

giphy.gif

My comment elicits this response but you ignore this?!?

7 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Am I the only one who's watched the Endgame trailer 100+ times?

I also watched Infinity War for the 89th time on Saturday.

3 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

I was 50/50 with the title. In my heart/gut, I felt it was Endgame, but (as mentioned above) the silence on the Annihilation running rumor was just too damning to me.

I find it hilarious that Hawkeye is mostly a useless Avenger, but everyone seemingly "missed" him in Infinity War. I didn't. Ronin isn't as useless to me as Hawkeye, though. Swords > Bow/Arrow. I guess the family treatment in Age of Ultron really payed off..?

I liked how they made him somewhat relevant in the first movie, he was the eye in the sky who misses nothing. That made sense and worked for me. But yes, they have not really utilized him in the movies.