• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

It is weird how everyone's going nuts for Clint Barton now -- and Scott Lang as well.  Suddenly Hawkeye and Ant-Man, the two most disposable members of the Avengers, have become crucial to the plot of Endgame.  I can admire that.

As to how Scott got out, I wonder if Dr. Foster and Ghost got him out -- he was in there collecting quantum energy for Ghost's character, and Dr. Foster would know enough about the machinery to work it?  Hope we'll get a glimpse of them in Av 4.

15 hours ago, Bird said:

I liked how they made him somewhat relevant in the first movie, he was the eye in the sky who misses nothing. That made sense and worked for me. But yes, they have not really utilized him in the movies.

He wasn't bad in The Avengers, but all things considered, he's just a human. An Alex Ovechkin or Tiger Woods caliber human, yes, but... In a universe with genius technologists, gods, and sorcerers...

I mean, Baron Strucker said it, "weak ones". I'm just baffled by the amount of Hawkeye love just because he wasn't in the Infinity War. In a universe now this large, and with this many powerful heroes, Barton just doesn't bring anything special.

The Ronin character persona is definitely the best direction to make him "important" or interesting for Endgame. Otherwise I couldn't care less if Hawkeye was in the movie.

14 hours ago, Drummy said:

It is weird how everyone's going nuts for Clint Barton now -- and Scott Lang as well.  Suddenly Hawkeye and Ant-Man, the two most disposable members of the Avengers, have become crucial to the plot of Endgame.  I can admire that.

As to how Scott got out, I wonder if Dr. Foster and Ghost got him out -- he was in there collecting quantum energy for Ghost's character, and Dr. Foster would know enough about the machinery to work it?  Hope we'll get a glimpse of them in Av 4.

I wouldn't lump Ant-Man in with the humans who don't posses a powerful suit of technology.

I hadn't even considered Foster and Ghost. That's a good guess.

17 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

I also watched Infinity War for the 89th time on Saturday.

Why?    2.5hr movie x 89 = 222.5 hours.   You've literally spent 9+ days of your life watching it.  Or do you just put it on in the background and count that as a "watch"?    

To be fair though, I did watch it the other day for the 3rd time.  So 1/3 a day for me.   

9 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

Gotta keep that count, though...in case you want to one up someone on it later :idea:

Why go through all that work?  This is the Internet, so I feel fine letting everyone know that I've seen it 1,393,902,448 times.  TOP THAT, SUCKAS!  :sumo:

30 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Why?    2.5hr movie x 89 = 222.5 hours.   You've literally spent 9+ days of your life watching it.  Or do you just put it on in the background and count that as a "watch"?    

To be fair though, I did watch it the other day for the 3rd time.  So 1/3 a day for me.   

Because it's possibly the best movie that I've ever seen... I've also watched The Dark Knight, Man of Steel, and Dawn of Justice all at least 50 times in my life. Probably The Avengers and Age of Ultron, too.

My attention isn't 100% to the movie every time, hasn't been since probably my 50th watch, but at least 80% of the movie it is.

I was just thinking how cool it wuld be if at the end of Avengers 4 they re=set the universe and we see glimpses of new characters all over the place. Kate Bishop comes out of the shadows shooting her bow with other Young Avengers behind her. The Thing falling through the air, Johnny burning throught he sky and Reed & Sue in the Fantasticar. Cloak & Dagger. The X-Men,maybe even the young ones from All-New X-Men. Kamala Khan swinging her big fist. That type of thing. A real smorgasbord of the Marvel universe lying in wait for futuremovies!

14 hours ago, Bird said:

I was just thinking how cool it wuld be if at the end of Avengers 4 they re=set the universe and we see glimpses of new characters all over the place. Kate Bishop comes out of the shadows shooting her bow with other Young Avengers behind her. The Thing falling through the air, Johnny burning throught he sky and Reed & Sue in the Fantasticar. Cloak & Dagger. The X-Men,maybe even the young ones from All-New X-Men. Kamala Khan swinging her big fist. That type of thing. A real smorgasbord of the Marvel universe lying in wait for futuremovies!

Something similar will be happening. As Kevin Feige said, when discussing A4, "there will be everything before, and everything after". I wish they could put an end to all heroic and villainous characters that have been seen through all 3 Phases, but guys like White Wolf, Spider-Man, and Black Panther will still be around for sure.

Considering that Infinity heavily inspired both Infinity War and Endgame, my educated guess is that the Terrigen Mist will play a part in "creating" the X-Men. It's truly going to be interesting to see how Marvel Studios intends to keep audiences 'hooked' after Phase 3.

On a semi-tangential note, are there really only 2 MCU movies slated for 2019, instead of the (now-normal) three? Captain Marvel comes out in March and A4 in April, but other than that, I don't believe there's an MCU movie slated for the rest of the year. There's 2 Fox movies (Dark Phoenix/New Mutants) and 1 Sony movie (Spider-Man:FFH), but no MCU. Am I missing something, or is next year a lighter year for them, before going back up to 3 in 2020?

10 minutes ago, Cocomonkey said:

On a semi-tangential note, are there really only 2 MCU movies slated for 2019, instead of the (now-normal) three? Captain Marvel comes out in March and A4 in April, but other than that, I don't believe there's an MCU movie slated for the rest of the year. There's 2 Fox movies (Dark Phoenix/New Mutants) and 1 Sony movie (Spider-Man:FFH), but no MCU. Am I missing something, or is next year a lighter year for them, before going back up to 3 in 2020?

Spider-Man: Far From Home is an MCU movie...

Edited by TwoPiece
Edit: Also, while there are TWO movies planned for release during the 2020 calendar year, no Phase 4 movies are completely confirmed outside of the 2nd Spider-Man installment.

I've figured out how Avengers: Endgame is going to begin. It came to me this evening when we saw Mary Poppins Returns and I asked myself a Tournament of Nerds question: Who would win in a fight, Mary Poppins or Thanos? Sure, Thanos is ruthless and has the Infinity Stones, but Mary Poppins is practically perfect in every way. I think she could kick Thanos' butt. Also, if there are going to be some kind of timey-wimey things happening in Endgame, (spoiler alert!) Mary Poppins stops Big Ben and sets it back five minutes in the new movie so time travel is probably within the scope of her powers.

Since Mary Poppins and MCU are both Disney properties a cross-over event is not only possible but likely inevitable. So....I think Endgame will open with Mary Poppins floating down from the clouds onto the streets of Manhattan. She'll land next to the pile of dust that used to be Nick Fury, mutter something about having taught him better, and start singing a song of hope and doing impossible things. Fury will be restored and she'll chide him a little for leaving such a frightful mess, but then they'll sing and dance a duet that will bring back everyone who got dusted. Mary, deciding that her mission is accomplished and the MCU heroes will be able to fight Thanos on their own, will float away. 

I'm confident this is how it will go. You read it here first. ;)

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:24 AM, thecollectron said:

I've figured out how Avengers: Endgame is going to begin. It came to me this evening when we saw Mary Poppins Returns and I asked myself a Tournament of Nerds question: Who would win in a fight, Mary Poppins or Thanos? Sure, Thanos is ruthless and has the Infinity Stones, but Mary Poppins is practically perfect in every way. I think she could kick Thanos' butt. Also, if there are going to be some kind of timey-wimey things happening in Endgame, (spoiler alert!) Mary Poppins stops Big Ben and sets it back five minutes in the new movie so time travel is probably within the scope of her powers.

Since Mary Poppins and MCU are both Disney properties a cross-over event is not only possible but likely inevitable. So....I think Endgame will open with Mary Poppins floating down from the clouds onto the streets of Manhattan. She'll land next to the pile of dust that used to be Nick Fury, mutter something about having taught him better, and start singing a song of hope and doing impossible things. Fury will be restored and she'll chide him a little for leaving such a frightful mess, but then they'll sing and dance a duet that will bring back everyone who got dusted. Mary, deciding that her mission is accomplished and the MCU heroes will be able to fight Thanos on their own, will float away. 

I'm confident this is how it will go. You read it here first. ;)

giphy.gif

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:44 AM, chrisco37 said:

Reading all this talk about multiple viewings of "Infinity War," I watched it for a third time too.

I always thought it was a watchable popcorn movie, more product, than plot.  Everything seemed calculated, but not for the narrative's sake.  Not the best movie ever, but it certainly had moments though, although not enough for me to get too excited for "End Game."

I was going to watch "MI: Fallout" afterwards for the first time, but watched Kelly MacDonald's "Puzzle" for a quainter movie viewing, that wasn't too noisy or trying to sell me videogames afterwards.

I cannot see watching "Infinity Wars," almost 90 times in 6 months.  Maybe that number with "Superman: The Movie," in 40 years.