• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, kimik said:

They should do what they did with Gods and Generals - halfway through they had a 5 minute intermission for bathroom and food break. lol 

15 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

5 mins would be ridiculous. They would need at least 15 mins just to give the audience enough time to get back in their seats between concessions & bathroom lineups. It's doubtful you will even get your seat back unless you go in a group with at least 1 person holding your spots. I personally like the idea.

An intermission was rather common back in the day.  I went to movies with my folks (films like Lawrence of Arabia, 2001, The Sound of Music, and a lot more) and they had intermissions - I think they were more like 10 minutes or so.  Plenty of time to go to the bathroom.

-Movies used to have original cartoons too, and there were very few previews of "coming attractions" but always a cartoon or two.  The Pink Panther cartoons were originally made for theaters and would be advertised as such in the movie section of the newspaper.

Edited by Unca Ben

Talk about a hardcore Marvel fan. Someone pieced together how all the TV shows and movies and Marvel One-Shots come together to tell the entire story before going into Endgame.

Marvel Fan Puts the Entire MCU in Chronological Order in One Image

https://old.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/av1a4k/tried_to_visually_place_all_the_currently/

Reddit user lachlan146 created one image that features the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe into chronological order, with the only requirement being that it has been released already. That means no Captain Marvel or Avengers: Endgame, but there's much more here than just movies.

You'll also see all of the Marvel television universe material that is linked to the MCU. That means shows like Agent Carter, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, Runaways, and Cloak and Dagger are also part of the deal since they have at one time or another made reference to the MCU. The same goes for Netflix's Marvel stable, which includes Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher, and The Defenders.

MCU_timeline01.thumb.jpg.ec58d0daa33d3de072fbbfcabb261279.jpg

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Talk about a hardcore Marvel fan. Someone pieced together how all the TV shows and movies and Marvel One-Shots come together to tell the entire story before going into Endgame.

Marvel Fan Puts the Entire MCU in Chronological Order in One Image

https://old.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/av1a4k/tried_to_visually_place_all_the_currently/

MCU_timeline01.thumb.jpg.ec58d0daa33d3de072fbbfcabb261279.jpg

I seriously wish I didn't have adult responsibilities so I could watch all these in succession.

On 3/1/2019 at 12:37 PM, sagekilz said:

I don't think it's unrealistic to estimate a $3 billion total after all's said and done.

It is unrealistic. Endgame would have to be #1 at least 8 weeks to have shot at beating Avatar. Both previous Avengers movies lasted 3 weeks at #1. During those 8 weeks at #1, Endgame would have to beat out John Wick 3, Pokemon Detective Pikachu, Aladdin, and Godzilla:King of Monsters, Dark Phoenix:X-men, and Men and Black International. It would have to make 850 million more than Avengers Infinity War. Yeah, it is not happening.

Edited by catch21

29 minutes ago, catch21 said:

It is unrealistic. Endgame would have to be #1 at least 8 weeks to have shot at beating Avatar. Both previous Avengers movies lasted 3 weeks at #1. During those 8 weeks at #1, Endgame would have to beat out John Wick 3, Pokemon Detective Pikachu, Aladdin, and Godzilla:King of Monsters, Dark Phoenix:X-men, and Men and Black International. It would have to make 850 million more than Avengers Infinity War. Yeah, it is not happening.

Given that as your assessment, what then is a reasonable number?? 

16 hours ago, catch21 said:

Your insider information is astounding; I said, "I don't think it's unrealistic...", I never said "It will without a doubt...".  Granted yes, End Game has to produce almost twice as much as Infinity War's final earnings, however the trends the way that they are, it isn't crazy to speculate a $3 billion total.  Again, not suggesting it WILL happen, just speculating.

Edited by sagekilz

3 hours ago, sagekilz said:

Your insider information is astounding; I said, "...", I never said "It will without a doubt...".  Granted yes, End Game has to produce almost twice as much as Infinity War's final earnings, however the trends the way that they are, it isn't crazy to speculate a $3 billion total.  Again, not suggesting it WILL happen, just speculating.

Yes ,I quoted you right. You said,  "I don't think it's unrealistic." Hence, my reply was "It is unrealistic." and I gave you logical proof with the previous film numbers and future releases. I have no idea how you came up with "it will without a doubt" nor did I claim you said that. There's no insider information. It's math using previous box office numbers and available screenings. It's available on the internet.  

Edited by catch21