• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

Just watched Infinity War last night to get myself psyched for Captain Marvel and Endgame next month.  Hadn't seen it since the theater, it was really good and I'm still not sure Thanos isn't the hero of this tale.  The only part I found odd was how easily Thanos beat the Hulk.  Stark slammed him through dozens of stories of a building in Age of Ultron and he was just a bit dazed, but Thanos body-slamming him knocks him out?  ???

48 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Just watched Infinity War last night to get myself psyched for Captain Marvel and Endgame next month.  Hadn't seen it since the theater, it was really good and I'm still not sure Thanos isn't the hero of this tale.  The only part I found odd was how easily Thanos beat the Hulk.  Stark slammed him through dozens of stories of a building in Age of Ultron and he was just a bit dazed, but Thanos body-slamming him knocks him out?  ???

That did come across as extremely easy for Thanos. Even his Black Order hung back like it wasn't a big deal a massive monster of muscle was tearing into 'dad'.

16 hours ago, catch21 said:

2.2 billion. 

It will be interesting. For those assuming MCU has done nothing but crank out $1B (+) movies, at least with the Avengers at least those have been the consistent big ticket candidates. So you assume this one should top them all.

DC_MCU_BO190304b.thumb.PNG.1a2d19ac9593eaa3dde009c704bc778f.PNG

Since the rumor was $500M was dedicated to the production of Infinity War and Endgame combined, I would think the larger portion of the budget goes to this capstone film.

Disney is going to make more off that Gauntlet than it probably ever forecasted. Now you can light your room with it.

Thanos Infinity Gauntlet 3D Wall Light Preorder

gauntlet_light.thumb.PNG.3353739273bab06232a5de2e9d0fcfdf.PNG

Officially licensed Marvel 3D LED Light.

Contains:
– 3D Light
– Sticker for cracking effects
– 2 plastic dowels with screws
– instruction

Requires 3x AA batteries (not included).

Now  $39.99 

27 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

In case I'm not the only one who didn't know what the heck a "3D wall light" was, I googled...see below. Pretty cool actually...Cap's shield is the best...

Capture.JPG.dcbaf7e164291d15cc3cb5d4f5e4603c.JPG

I really like Thor's Hammer and Cap's Shield.

3 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:
27 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I really like Thor's Hammer and Cap's Shield.

They all look nice but Spidey's face seems like the brightest one in the lot.

His looks the most painful, as if Doc Ock has just smashed his head through the wall from the other side.  :eek:

On 3/7/2019 at 12:38 PM, fantastic_four said:

His looks the most painful, as if Doc Ock has just smashed his head through the wall from the other side.  :eek:

xD True, but I was actually referring to the fact that Spidey's large eyes seem like they would provide a room with more luminosity than the others. Cap's shield looks the nicest imo.

Interesting.

According to u/jlefrench, Thanos went through his plan of collecting the Infinity Stones in an effort to stop Galactus from consuming any additional planets in the galaxy. As the theory reads, Thanos' homeworld of Titan was ravaged by the world-eater Galactus. Since Galactus is only after worlds that are "ripe," Thanos took it upon himself to ravage the worlds in an attempt to make them less desirable to Galactus.

The situation would also explain the reason why Thanos did double all resources so that everyone could remain alive. If he created more resources using the Infinity Gauntlet, that would have made the planets "meatier" and more attractive to the iconic Fantastic Four villain.

As for why Thanos told everyone it was a matter of resources, the Mad Titan could have easily been using that as a front so no one would look at him like he was shuttering in fear by the thought of Galactus. In typical Marvel Studios fashion, the story was left just open enough that they could add something in a later property and it'd end up fitting in the storyline without retconning movies of years past.

10 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

This would be an epic twist but...galactus still has to eat, wouldn’t he still go after the most meaty planet(s), relatively speaking? Which after reducing everything by half, would be the same planets that were the prime targets pre-snap. 

Yea, doesn't make sense ultimately.  Galactus goes around ravaging planets whether they're meaty or not at what I presume is either a constant or at least semi-predictable rate.

7 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Yea, doesn't make sense ultimately.  Galactus goes around ravaging planets whether they're meaty or not at what I presume is either a constant or at least semi-predictable rate.

From the Marvel wiki site:

Cosmic Hunger: Galactus requires unknown energies obtainable only from a certain type of planets in order to sustain his life. The suitable type of planet need not to be one where life is present, but it must have the potential to support life. When recently sated Galactus is incredibly powerful; however, the longer he goes without feeding the more his strength, power, and cosmic awareness wane. Indeed, over one month after consuming a suitable planet his power will have already been reduced exponentially, although in such a hungered state his powers are still far beyond mortal comprehension. In recent times Galactus has been known to go without feeding for numerous months at a time bringing him to the brink of death and reducing his power to such a degree that superhuman teams such as the Avengers, and the Fantastic Four etc. can defeat him. When he first emerged from his cocoon, Galactus could go without feeding for over century before his hunger weakened him to a significant degree. Why the intervals between his feedings has decreased over the millennia is unknown.

It looks like it is very specific planets, based on can they support life. Which probably means they contain resources leading to life which he is dependent on.

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

Huh, so I guess that Thanos hypothesis is viable then.

Didn't he very explicitly say that people end up starving and use up all resources on their own though, that it's the pattern of all life?  Not sure how you retcon his intent given how explicitly he stated it.  That's why I'm not sure he's not the hero...he could be right about that, hard for any of us to say.

You are right. He did. But now with the completion of the merger next week, the Russo Brothers could drop in a slight change he had an ulterior motive.

Either way he's going to have to eat the same amount regardless of what Thanos did or didn't do.  The only way the hypothesis makes sense is if Galactus is converting organic life itself into energy--I just remember that he ate planets, not necessarily the organic life on it, but maybe it's both--so if Thanos kills half the population of a planet, Galactus won't get as much food and will have to feed again sooner, whereas if Thanos didn't kill half the life Galactus wouldn't have to feed again for a longer period of time.  I don't see how killing half the life helps.

Edited by fantastic_four