• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, fmaz said:

Two things I've noticed from repeated watchings.... I'll put them into spoilers for no other reasons than sometimes people don't even like to read blatant guesses about stuff (which is all this is... although I feel pretty good them)...

Hide contents

1.  The "slow walk" in what appears to be quantum suits screams misdirection to me, ala Hulk running with the team in Wakanda in the Infinity War trailer.  Would they go back to the well with the same trick again? Maybe not... but it's also very possible Stark never makes it back to Avengers HQ in this movie.  I do hope he and Cap meet up somewhere, but it might not be a where as much as a "when"

2. The clip of Thor holding and looking at Stormbreaker... I think THAT is the key moment in the trailer. It doesn't strike me that it was taken from IW, but it sure seems like it was at the same moment in the story, doesn't it?  I believe this is Thor... at the climax of Endgame, finally having a second chance to "go for the head" and fix everything.

Oh man. That second paragraph - now that would be so cool.

'NEVER MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN!'

New official film synopsis:

"The grave course of events set in motion by Thanos that wiped out half the universe and fractured the Avengers ranks compels the remaining Avengers to take one final stand in Marvel Studios' grand conclusion to twenty-two films, Avengers: Endgame."

On 3/15/2019 at 9:12 AM, fmaz said:

Two things I've noticed from repeated watchings.... I'll put them into spoilers for no other reasons than sometimes people don't even like to read blatant guesses about stuff (which is all this is... although I feel pretty good them)...

Reveal hidden contents

1.  The "slow walk" in what appears to be quantum suits screams misdirection to me, ala Hulk running with the team in Wakanda in the Infinity War trailer.  Would they go back to the well with the same trick again? Maybe not... but it's also very possible Stark never makes it back to Avengers HQ in this movie.  I do hope he and Cap meet up somewhere, but it might not be a where as much as a "when"

2. The clip of Thor holding and looking at Stormbreaker... I think THAT is the key moment in the trailer. It doesn't strike me that it was taken from IW, but it sure seems like it was at the same moment in the story, doesn't it?  I believe this is Thor... at the climax of Endgame, finally having a second chance to "go for the head" and fix everything.

Aha! that makes sense now. I was confused what I was seeing at the end of the trailer there. if that wasnt just misdirection and it is indeed a matter of when and not where, then the absolute key is selling the "How" to the audience that could make or break this film.

47 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

I have a feeling that nothing in the trailer is going to even give a hint as to what’s actually going to happen. 

Totally agree. With all the secrecy they are using to guard the next MCU phase, I am counting on some major surprises.