• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

Rumored "all-in" costs for Infinity War + Endgame are $900 million total.

RDJ allegedly made $200 million of that total ($100 million for each).

Edit: Other reports say $40-50 million per film, but that doesn't make sense, as he made $75 million for Age of Ultron.

Edited by TwoPiece

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Over-under $2.8 billion worldwide?

I'm gonna guess over.

I am going out in a limb again and saying Avengers: Endgame will be the all-time super hero movie at the box office.

This really is the end for a lot of characters we love. So I see this as must see which will make it the all-time super hero champ at the box office!

2 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I am going out in a limb again and saying Avengers: Endgame will be the all-time super hero movie at the box office.

This really is the end for a lot of characters we love. So I see this as must see which will make it the all-time super hero champ at the box office!

What about all-time any movie, though?

Over or under:pullhair:

Will it beat The Force Awakens, Titanic, and Avatar?

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Now you're talkin'!

I still have no idea how Avatar made that much. Must've been the 3D experience fees.

I agree. How did it make so much money? It was average. It must have been the hyped 3-D technology at the time that has now become a curse and a blessing.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

7 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Now you're talkin'!

I still have no idea how Avatar made that much. Must've been the 3D experience fees.

Seriously.  It's the same story as Disney's Pocahontas.  The test of it's actual popularity will be when we see box office numbers for the sequel.  I think the 3D and IMAX experiences really inflated those numbers.

1 minute ago, ExNihilo said:

Seriously.  It's the same story as Disney's Pocahontas.  The test of it's actual popularity will be when we see box office numbers for the sequel.  I think the 3D and IMAX experiences really inflated those numbers.

Yeah, one of my friends said:

"I think it'll become #1 all-time until Avatar 2 comes out."

Avatar 2 doesn't have 1% of the hype that Endgame does, though. Aren't "experts" predicting close to a $300 million opening? It's insane.

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Theaters are selling tickets for Friday and beyond now?  Never seen them sell tickets this far in advance.  I checked Fandango and no theaters in my area are doing that.

I was wrong, I bought tickets for a Saturday showing on Fandango on the only IMAX screen in my area.

The only IMAX theater around here had about 40% of the stadium seats sold for the Saturday 3pm showing.  I bet only floor and upper stadium seats are available later in the week.

4 minutes ago, bronze_rules said:

Got tickets for the weekend opening. Very filled up already.

*Spoilerish new trailer (reveals how tony got saved, as some already figured, few other things).

How? I don't see this in the special look here.

Don't forget that Marvel Studios and the Russo Bros are intentionally misleading you at every opportunity they get.

17 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

How? I don't see this in the special look here.

Don't forget that Marvel Studios and the Russo Bros are intentionally misleading you at every opportunity they get.

How he got saved? Not certain, but

extrapolated. Capt. Marvel and crew fly to outer space  (sans Iron Man). Iron Man back on earth hugging pepper.  Doubt they'd add all that just for misdirection. 

Whatever the case, I'm more excited now, and this looks to be monstrous in $$$

Edited by bronze_rules

8 minutes ago, bronze_rules said:

*Spoilerish new trailer (reveals how tony got saved, as some already figured, few other things).

I love the "Oh no, you didn't!" look on Hawkeyes face in that trailer still. lol

I watched the extra trailer and it hit me hard how big a build up they have had to the movie.  Movie expectations have changed worldwide because of movies leading up to this movie.  I'm a tad nervous about where they go from here but i guess I felt the same way right before graduating college since everything was leading up to that point and the day after felt unknown.  I can't wait to see it and keep my fingers crossed it lives up to the hype.

Edited by 1Cool

2 hours ago, bronze_rules said:

*Spoilerish new trailer (possibly reveals how tony got saved, as some speculated, few other things).

Posted early this morning. Still looks good.