• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

I predict we'll see:

1) Hawkeye and Ant-Man re-enact the Avengers # 223 cover.

2) That while Cap will die, Thanos won't kill him the same way he did in the comic. Although that would be awesome...

They did that in Civil War.

1) Probability of meeting your soulmate at Shinjuku Station: 1/80000; Probability of the Avengers making a big reversal: 1/14000605.

2) Right to the image:The strongest (go) towards a http://counterattack.It 's like when a team is losing but suddenly they make a reversal and win.

3) Under the big Avengers image: "The Avengers will end. For the sake of a new hope."

I hadn't heard about this leaked rumor.

THE RUSSOS TALK SILVER SURFER RUMORS

Speaking to Yahoo! Movies UK, the Russos were asked to address reports that the iconic Marvel Comics character The Silver Surfer might appear in the film. Rumors of the Surfer's appearance began a few weeks ago, when a cast list posted to Metacritic claimed that an actor named Curt Clendenin was playing the character. While this isn't impossible, it is unlikely, as that particular character's film rights are still owned by Fox, along with the rest of Marvel's major Fantastic Four-related heroes and villains. Here's what the brothers had to say about that:

“I don’t think we own Silver Surfer,” Joe Russo said. “But it’s fan-wish fulfillment and, you know, if this Disney-Fox deal goes through there’s going to be a lot more characters coming into the Marvel universe, so some of those crazy fan theories might come true.”

So who's Katherine Langford playing?

Rumors I've seen discussed so far include:

- Tony & Pepper's daughter

- Kate Bishop

- Cassie Lang (older timeline version)

- Death

- Moondragon

Based on her red hair, I'm doubting Moondragon & could consider Tony & Pepper's grown daughter.

Or they could throw in something totally random like having her be Angelica Jones.

Most recent Reddit spoiler thread seems to imply she's Death.

1 minute ago, kimik said:

Where are the Galactus and Silver Surfer costumes? :wishluck:

I really wonder if they screwed up with that Silver Surfer casting came out and then the Russo Brothers had to talk it down.

I think they are going to keep things as vague as possible for now just in case they sneak them in. They could have two edited versions - one with a Galactus and SS cameo and one without.

I would love to see them tease Galactus as the big baddie for the next phase since they will have more cosmic characters that could be dealing with him/his Heralds as a build up to the next big event. Heck, the cosmic radiation that creates the FF could even be the result of something that happens with Galactus in another galaxy (battle with Celestials that killed the one who's head is Knowhere releasing cosmic energy that travels across universe and eventually hits FF in space?). You could even start the Eternals origin story as the Celestials response to Galactus' Heralds, while playing on the whole Galactus vs. Celestials storyline from the X universe.

I upgraded my FF #48 in the run-up to Infinity War, with all the Surfer rumors in play ... no regrets since the book has only gone up from there.  I'm not inclined to believe any more hype about him appearing in Endgame, although if it turns out to be true I suppose it would suddenly mean all those conspiracy theories about the IMDB entry actually had merit all along.

20 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I upgraded my FF #48 in the run-up to Infinity War, with all the Surfer rumors in play ... no regrets since the book has only gone up from there.  I'm not inclined to believe any more hype about him appearing in Endgame, although if it turns out to be true I suppose it would suddenly mean all those conspiracy theories about the IMDB entry actually had merit all along.

Nice. I did the same re: upgrading early this year. Let's hope the IMDB entry pans out then.  :flipbait:

Edited by kimik

The Russo Bros intentionally deceive us at every opportunity.

I'd guess that any Silver Surfer "casting" mention was further diversion...

I don't even have any "expectations" for Endgame. I just hope I can enjoy it as much as Infinity War and it provides a satisfying close to Phases 1-3. I guess I'm expecting my "mind to be blown" as some of the actors and actresses have teased.

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

The Russo Bros intentionally deceive us at every opportunity.

I'd guess that any Silver Surfer "casting" mention was further diversion...

I don't even have any "expectations" for Endgame. I just hope I can enjoy it as much as Infinity War and it provides a satisfying close to Phases 1-3. I guess I'm expecting my "mind to be blown" as some of the actors and actresses have teased.

Between now and three weeks from now, we'll get the first three episodes of Game of Thrones season 8 as well as Avengers:  Endgame.  It's all I can do to focus on my work and not spend all day watching YouTube videos.

Just now, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Between now and three weeks from now, we'll get the first three episodes of Game of Thrones season 8 as well as Avengers:  Endgame.  It's all I can do to focus on my work and not spend all day watching YouTube videos.

Not a GoT guy, myself. All hands are on decks for Endgame...

8 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Not a GoT guy, myself. All hands are on decks for Endgame...

I'm going crazy about GoT.  It has the advantage of premiering in 8 days so it's just slightly more top of mind right now.

With that said, I am ten times as excited for Endgame as I am about GoT.  I've been invested in GoT for 8 years, but I've been invested in Marvel comics for more than three decades.

Every once in a while I pause to think what a truly outstanding job Marvel has done with the MCU, and how lucky we are to have witnessed it.  I know I'm not alone in feeling this way.  For anyone who's been reading about these characters for years and years, anyone who can remember being a little kid and wishing they were real, it's like a dream come true to see them brought to life by such an immensely talented set of writers, actors, directors, and producers.  This capstone to the run is probably going to be pretty emotional for me.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14