• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

There are a few options that have been considered.

Who Is Katherine Langford Playing in ‘Avengers 4’?

Reveal hidden contents

MORGAN STARK or LADY LOKI could be two solid options. Though the others are just as interesting.

Of those options I'd go with

Spoiler

Morgan Stark.

She posted on Instagram re. how she dyed her hair red for the role. (Which also minimizes the likelihood she plays either Moondragon or Death).

Whoever it is, it looks to be a major/pivotal role, as she's listed in the credits above the likes of Chadwick Boseman, Mark Ruffalo, and Don Cheadle.

Edited by Gatsby77

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Others will disagree, but I would love Warlock to be involved in The End. Maybe part of the reason that it's a 3-hour run time is because of his introduction and scope of influence on the outcome.

It's going to great no matter what, though, I think.

Edit: In the "Thanos Won" TV Spot, Tony Stark has a golden glow upon his face...

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

Probably. He tried to troll me before. I'm not falling for it.

I'd prefer it if people were genuine. I don't think it's a lot to ask for. Oh well.

It literally makes 0 sense to have a female Warlock. There's no such character in the comics that I'm aware of.

Actually there is.  Remember, Adam Warlock used to be "HIM" and there was a corresponding character called "HER."  She was later renamed to Kismet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kismet_(Marvel_Comics)

According to the Wikipedia page, she is also the "Ayesha" character (pretty golden lady) from GOTG Vol. 2.  I honestly never made that connection myself, and I have no idea if this MCU character is intended to have the kind of power set that the comics character does.

1 minute ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Actually there is.  Remember, Adam Warlock used to be "HIM" and there was a corresponding character called "HER."  She was later renamed to Kismet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kismet_(Marvel_Comics)

According to the Wikipedia page, she is also the "Ayesha" character (pretty golden lady) from GOTG Vol. 2.  I honestly never made that connection myself, and I have no idea if this MCU character is intended to have the kind of power set that the comics character does.

She was never a female "Warlock".

There's no Eve Warlock or female "Warlock" like there is a female Captain Marvel and female Thor.

6 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

She was never a female "Warlock".

There's no Eve Warlock or female "Warlock" like there is a female Captain Marvel and female Thor.

OK, that's splitting hairs but you're right, the female copy of Him (Warlock), a.k.a. Her, was never called She-Warlock, Warlock Girl, or the Warlockess. Nor, perhaps more to your point, did she ever possess an infinity gem or figure prominently into any of the related storylines.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

1 minute ago, sagekilz said:

And here come the neck-bearded basement dwellers...

image.png

Was this intended for me?  My post was intended to be helpful, not as some kind of know-it-all correction or rebuttal.

Your post, on the other hand, really doesn't belong on this forum.  It's insulting and adds nothing to the conversation.

1 minute ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

OK, that's splitting hairs but you're right, the female copy of Him (Warlock), a.k.a. Her, was never called She-Warlock, Warlock Girl, or the Warlockess. Nor, perhaps more to your point, I don't believe she ever possessed an infinity gem or figured prominently into any of the related storylines.

I don't think so, because you arrived at the same conclusion, without me having to spell it out for you.

An Eve Warlock might turn on some male feminists around here, but it won't make sense, and detract from the heart of Endgame if it (impossibly) somehow happened

4 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I don't think so, because you arrived at the same conclusion, without me having to spell it out for you.

An Eve Warlock might turn on some male feminists around here, but it won't make sense, and detract from the heart of Endgame if it (impossibly) somehow happened

I honestly thought you weren't aware of the Her character and was trying to be helpful.

1 hour ago, marmat said:

Caught in the Avenges Endgame frenzy, I bought those theatre banners (each one is 2m x 1.5m, I don't even have any space big enough to hang them)

40606303383_83caf8e1b1_b.jpg

40606303463_a7e31d9a87_b.jpg

40606303363_6d2d15b10d_b.jpg

40606303293_eb11c5685b_b.jpg

40606303233_b0c173919a_b.jpg

Thor has a replacement eye now, right?  Hmm. 

56 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Was this intended for me?  My post was intended to be helpful, not as some kind of know-it-all correction or rebuttal.

Your post, on the other hand, really doesn't belong on this forum.  It's insulting and adds nothing to the conversation.

This wasn't directed at you personally; it was an overall interpretation of "know-it-all's".  Take a deep breath, relax.  It's just a forum.

13 minutes ago, sd2416 said:

Thor has a replacement eye now, right?  Hmm. 

Yes. The Infinity War trailers and posters included the eye patch. It wouldn't have made sense for promos to show the brown eye that Rocket gives him in the movie.

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Yes. The Infinity War trailers and posters included the eye patch. It wouldn't have made sense for promos to show the brown eye that Rocket gives him in the movie.

I initially read that as Endgame posters.  

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I honestly thought you weren't aware of the Her character and was trying to be helpful.

I still have my Marvel Two-In-One #61 where she searches for Adam Warlock. It was actually a sad story, but in a good way.

8 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I always struggled to find a reason to like Adam Warlock in the comics.  What story did I miss that showed how compelling he is?

I'm sure you've read it, but the Strange Tales Magus story-line is what got me hooked on Warlock and Cosmic Marvel.

I had no idea who any of them were at the time;

Ok, so you mean the guy with the crazy afro is actually the guy with the feathered hair in the future, and the green girl is an assassin sent by the smack-talking purple mountain to make sure it doesn't happen. Yeah I got to see how this ends.

9 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

OK, that's splitting hairs but you're right, the female copy of Him (Warlock), a.k.a. Her, was never called She-Warlock, Warlock Girl, or the Warlockess. Nor, perhaps more to your point, did she ever possess an infinity gem or figure prominently into any of the related storylines.

No, but she IS in GOTG Vol. 2, so she's already a part of the MCU.