• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

An Eve Warlock might turn on some male feminists around here, but it won't make sense, and detract from the heart of Endgame if it (impossibly) somehow happened

Your politics are tiring and against forum rules. Stop trolling our forum with your Comicsgate BS.

1 minute ago, Chuck Gower said:

Your politics are tiring and against forum rules. Stop trolling our forum with your Comicsgate BS.

At some point, one of you is going to have to decide not to engage the other.  You've both contributed to the unnecessarily heated, polarized "discussion" in the Captain Marvel thread.  Please, somebody take the high road and let us enjoy the Endgame thread.

2 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

At some point, one of you is going to have to decide not to engage the other.  You've both contributed to the unnecessarily heated, polarized "discussion" in the Captain Marvel thread.  Please, somebody take the high road and let us enjoy the Endgame thread.

As long as he uses political buzzwords like SJW and 'feminist trope' I am going to report him and call him out. They are against forum rules. It's as simple as that.

If he was continuing to say the Black Panther movie was a 'black power advertisement', would you have any problem calling him out on that? Why is this any different? He's decided that openly attacking this movie as a piece of political propaganda while talking it down as if that point is valid, is ok. Sorry, but that needs to 100% be challenged. 

His sexist mentality is no different than someone's racist mentality. It is UNWELCOME here.

Why do you think that racist took his side?

It's not hard to recognize trolls who've come here to infect this forum with their political BS. Since he's arrived here, barely a year ago he's done this in both the Star Wars thread and now with the Captain Marvel movie. He clearly has an agenda. 

15 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

If Adam Warlock is the "major surprise character," that's BS.  He's a third-tier character at best, probably more like fourth tier.  The only characters you could really call "major" is if they toss one of the Fox characters into the end credits, which I'll still be surprised if they don't do.

Adam Warlock aint making his MCU debut in Endgame. If it's not obvious from Infinity War, this 2-part story (so glad they didn't milk this into some WB style trilogy) isn't a verbatim adaptation of Jim Starlin's Infinity Gauntlet. There's talk of time travel, major heroes not returning, this movie's going beyond Gauntlet. James Gunn has a plan for Warlock so he should debut in GOTG3. But if there were a character to fill that Adam Warlock role from Infinity Gauntlet, a cosmic x-factor character who comes out of nowhere to help turn the tide, I'd say that's Captain Marvel. Of course, the point's not to kill Thanos, it's to bring everybody back, and not all the cosmic muscle in the world can do that. This movie's going to be more intellectual than people are expecting I think, a chess game. 

Edited by @therealsilvermane

14 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Probably. He tried to troll me before. I'm not falling for it.

I'd prefer it if people were genuine. I don't think it's a lot to ask for. Oh well.

It literally makes 0 sense to have a female Warlock. There's no such character in the comics that I'm aware of.

Kismet, also known as Paragon, Her, and Ayesha is actually the female replicant of Warlock:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kismet_(Marvel_Comics)

Originally known as Paragon, Kismet was the second attempt by the Enclave to artificially create a super-powerful being in their Citadel of Science "the Beehive" (their first attempt was Him, later known as Adam Warlock).

James Gunn altered the roles & had Ayesha create Adam rather than the Enclave creating Warlock & then Kismet.

35 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

Kismet, also known as Paragon, Her, and Ayesha is actually the female replicant of Warlock:

Originally known as Paragon, Kismet was the second attempt by the Enclave to artificially create a super-powerful being in their Citadel of Science "the Beehive" (their first attempt was Him, later known as Adam Warlock).

James Gunn altered the roles & had Ayesha create Adam rather than the Enclave creating Warlock & then Kismet.

As shown in the Guardians video already, yes. The High Priestess is Her. But she clearly calls out Adam Warlock is in the cocoon.

12 hours ago, WeR138 said:

I'm sure you've read it, but the Strange Tales Magus story-line is what got me hooked on Warlock and Cosmic Marvel.

No, I haven't read that.  If he's in Endgame I think I'll check it out.

33 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

No, I haven't read that.  If he's in Endgame I think I'll check it out.

If you get the chance, you should check them out anyway. Such a cool little story that laid the groundwork for later big events.

9 hours ago, Chuck Gower said:

Nothing political about my posts, kid.

I suggest learning the definition of what "trolling" is before posting about it.

5 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

Not a "Warlock". If they created an "Eve Warlock", she would be an entirely original concept. You're not debating the premise.

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

Not a "Warlock". If they created an "Eve Warlock", she would be an entirely original concept. You're not debating the premise.

I'm not debating anything, just posting the facts of the character. She's a replicant of Warlock, even if the word Warlock isn't in her name. Besides, Warlock generally refers to a male witch & Ayesha is female.

"The Enclave intended to create a super-powerful being to control. "Born" before being fully formed, Paragon appeared as a muscular male figure. Paragon battled the Hulk, then overrode the Enclave's control and sunk their Beehive headquarters before incubating itself in a cocoon much like Warlock often would. She later emerged from the cocoon in her blond-haired, golden-skinned form wearing red swimsuit-like attire. As a female replicant of Warlock, she took the name of Her (a reference to Warlock's original name, Him) and sought Warlock to mate with him."

You can choose to believe whatever you want, it makes no difference to me.

Edited by chezmtghut

5 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

You can choose to believe whatever you want, it makes no difference to me.

Not a matter of belief.

Poster posed the question of "Eve Warlock" which is a character that has never existed in the comics. It would be a brand new character and probably bother most people considering that Adam already exists within the MCU.

It was basically a troll* question and not even worth discussing at this point.

Edited by TwoPiece
*The question was an act of trolling. Not calling the user, as a whole, a troll.

3 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Not a matter of belief.

Poster posed the question of "Eve Warlock" which is a character that has never existed in the comics. It would be a brand new character and probably bother most people considering that Adam already exists within the MCU.

It was basically a troll* question and not even worth discussing at this point.

Well, a character named Eve Warlock would certainly be new.