• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

How long did it take Infinity War to reach $1 billion?

$2 billion?

How quickly is this going to break those records..?

It's opening in China on the 24th so it will definitely be the largest opening worldwide. Should stand as a long term record like Avatar has unless another mega 2 part Avenger can beat it at the end of phase 6 in 2030:wishluck:. When you include China & Russia, Infinity War opened with around 849 million worldwide, so it did roughly 2.4x opening weekend in total. End Game should make roughly 900 million - 1.05 billion (275 - 300 America, 225 - 250 China, 400 - 500 overseas) by Sunday April 28th, so roughly 2.16 - 2.52 billion in total. If it were to hit 1.2 billion by April 28th, it could knock Avatar out of 1st place with a 2.88 billion haul. If it came out at Christmas, I'd say it could make it to 3 billion, but it's highly unlikely at this time of year.

11 hours ago, chezmtghut said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It looks like there are only 5 stones on that electronic gauntlet. It does look like a Stark created gauntlet but that doesn't mean he uses it. Could be the Hulk or even Captain Marvel for all we know. After all, she was able to hold the tesseract with her hand.

Spoiler

The Time Stone is on the thumb - same as the Infinity Gauntlet.

Joe Russo: "It would not have been," Avengers: Endgame co-director Joe Russo told ComicBook.com when asked if it would have been possible to shoot something involving the characters. "That deal didn't actually officially close until a week and a half ago. It would not have been logistically possible."

Anthony Russo: "We will get there"

Joe Russo: "We'll get to Secret Wars one day"

Kevin Feige: "As we've been doing for years, we aren't going to announce anything post Avengers: Endgame or Spider-Man [Far From Home] until post Endgame and Spider-Man," Feige told ComicBook.com at a press event for Captain Marvel. "As you know as a fan, there's a tremendous amount of potential and a tremendous amount of additional characters and storylines and groups of characters that we're going to keep playing with. And again, that's a testament to Marvel and to the amount of storylines and characters and amazing, amazing runs that have been in the Marvel comics."

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/04/09/avengers-endgame-fox-xmen-fantastic-four-cast/

Edited by Callaway29
formatting

6 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

"That deal didn't actually officially close until a week and a half ago. It would not have been logistically possible."

BS.  The entire world has known about that deal for a year and a half, and Feige has probably known about it being a possibility for far longer than that.  They could have easily planned and shot something short and simple but then not used it if the deal fell through or got delayed.

Edited by fantastic_four

18 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

BS.  The entire world has known about that deal for a year and a half, and Feige has probably known about it being a possibility for far longer than that.  They could have easily planned and shot something short and simple but then not used it if the deal fell through or got delayed.

They shot Infinity War and Endgame back-to-back, though. Most of Endgame's film will have been shot long, long, before that deal was looking like a probability. Sure, there were some re-shoots, but the principle photography and story were already at a close.

Plus "knowing about" and "closing" are two different things... Big studios, big money, big contracts, big lawyers...taking a property that isn't yours (yet) and making content, with the promise to not air it unless a pending acquisition goes through, still requires a tremendous amount of side-negotiations...potentially muddying the on-going negotiations...etc... Do these studios make side-deals? Sure, we've seen the fruits of them... Is it a slam dunk? Heck no... Do fans want Disney/Marvel to take a victory lap with their new/reacquired properties ASAP? Yes... Are all signs pointing to Disney/Marvel taking their time with the decade(s) of material they just landed? Yes... Do their inner geeks want to start pumping out their beloved stories ASAP? You bet... Does it make business-sense to be patient, approach it methodically, and play the long game? Most def...

In the long-run, what's the rush? They're making money off their current plan, already invested a lot in their next plan, and they just secured IP to keep that gravy train running for generations to come...I don't think they're overly concerned about ringing the cash register immediately post-acquisition...

But who knows...maybe they're all lying. Although, I remember reading a quote from Feige years ago where he said he's never lied to fans....

2 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

...But who knows...maybe they're all lying. Although, I remember reading a quote from Feige years ago where he said he's never lied to fans....

Someone please verify or challenge the validity of Feige's statement.

The directors lie to us all the time. Has the big boss done us wrong? I'm interested in the truth...

My daughters and I are usually at odds on Marvel movies. They like most of them while I like half of them. But I haven’t seen them in 6 months so our reunion next month will be to marathon the MCU over the course of a week and then go into Infinity Gauntlet. 

2 minutes ago, Oddball said:

My daughters and I are usually at odds on Marvel movies. They like most of them while I like half of them. But I haven’t seen them in 6 months so our reunion next month will be to marathon the MCU over the course of a week and then go into Infinity Gauntlet. 

:pullhair:

I think it's 50/50 whether we see a tease of future properties (FF, Surfer, Galactus, etc.).  More likely we'll get something they already own, like Kang or the Young Avengers.

That said, arranging temporary permission to film scenes on the Fox characters while they're hammering out the larger deal doesn't seem like a hard thing to do.  And they're not casting any actors, obviously, so it'll just be a glimpse (or a shadow, or a cloud) at best anyway.

1 hour ago, Drummy said:

I think it's 50/50 whether we see a tease of future properties (FF, Surfer, Galactus, etc.).  More likely we'll get something they already own, like Kang or the Young Avengers.

That said, arranging temporary permission to film scenes on the Fox characters while they're hammering out the larger deal doesn't seem like a hard thing to do.  And they're not casting any actors, obviously, so it'll just be a glimpse (or a shadow, or a cloud) at best anyway.

Especially since Fox knew it was either Disney or Comcast that was going to buy them. So playing nice for future good relations would also not be a stretch.