• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

It's no doubt to me that Captain Marvel will be the Superman for the Marvel Universe. Does that mean she's the Iron Man, maybe not. RDJ shoes are pretty big to fill and I don't think they have to necessarily fill them with one person/hero. They've created a nice set of heroes for the next set of movies with their own fans (Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man) that no one of them have to be the main character/face.

+1 Well said.

If anything, Phase 4 could be a series of 'World's Finest' team-ups across the MCU like they have done with Spider-Man: Homecoming and Captain Marvel (that mediocre film :shy: ).

So maybe with Thor 4 this could involve if not all of them a portion of the Guardians. Black Panther 2 could include Storm or even certain portions of the Fantastic Four (leading to their movie later on). Black Widow could include Ronin to continue the partnership with Clint, and maybe even could hint at some later partnership with MCU Daredevil. Doctor Strange 2 could include Scarlet Witch and Vision in some form of magical journey.

The massive adventure could be held off until the Russo Brothers get their dream chance to work on Secret Wars. So rather than Avengers 5, a maxi-character film forcing them to all work together.

19 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

If anything, Phase 4 could be a series of 'World's Finest' team-ups across the MCU like they have done with Spider-Man: Homecoming and Captain Marvel (that mediocre film :shy: ).

So maybe with Thor 4 this could involve if not all of them a portion of the Guardians. Black Panther 2 could include Storm or even certain portions of the Fantastic Four (leading to their movie later on). Black Widow could include Ronin to continue the partnership with Clint, and maybe even could hint at some later partnership with MCU Daredevil. Doctor Strange 2 could include Scarlet Witch and Vision in some form of magical journey.

The massive adventure could be held off until the Russo Brothers get their dream chance to work on Secret Wars. So rather than Avengers 5, a maxi-character film forcing them to all work together.

I strongly believe that with the inclusion of FF and the Mutants, that Secret Wars would be the perfect way to incorporate these heroes/villians into the existing universe. They don't necessarily fight the Beyonder, Galactus could be the villain that unites the heroes. 

*Full disclosure I have about 40 copies of SW#1 

I really thought with the Skrulls that the next step would have been Secret Invasion but looks like Captain Marvel changed that plan.

Ugh...Secret Wars?

Please no.

Granted, I didn't start collecting comics in earnest until 1989, but having gone back and read Secret Wars...it's weak sauce.

My generation's version of it -- appropriately -- was Infinity Gauntlet, later followed by Civl War.

Umm...there's a reason they adapted those two stories first -- they're better written. Full stop.

I'd much prefer the next inter-company cross-overs be either Secret Invasion (for which I think they still could use the Skrulls despite how they were positioned in Captain Marvel) or House of M.

You want to see an over-powered female superhero? Yeah -- meet Wanda Maximoff.

Edited by Gatsby77

9 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Ugh...Secret Wars?

Please no.

Dislike it all you want. The Russo Brothers have mentioned a desire to work on Secret Wars more than once. So it is on their mind(s).

Wolverine was the standalone character they want. So another 80's and 90's influence in their lives.

18 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Dislike it all you want. The Russo Brothers have mentioned a desire to work on Secret Wars more than once. So it is on their mind(s).

Wolverine was the standalone character they want. So another 80's and 90's influence in their lives.

It's possible they're talking about the more recent Secret Wars event written by Jonathan Hickman. The 80's Secret Wars mini-series is a bit dated.

9 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

It's possible they're talking about the more recent Secret Wars event written by Jonathan Hickman. The 80's Secret Wars mini-series is a bit dated.

Nah - I just did some Googling -- multiple sources say they're indeed talking about the '80s one.

Which, if you've tried to read it recently, _really_ does not hold up.

Course - given how far they veered from the source material with Civil War, they could pretty much just use the Secret Wars name and fill in a blank canvas.

1 minute ago, Bird said:

One is Secret War and one is Secret WarS. They seem to reference the earlier one assuming they are being specific.

No.

Secret War was 2004-2005.

There really was a 2015 version of Secret Wars too -- hence the confusion.

But given the context, they do seem to be talking about the original '80s Secret Wars.

10 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I tend to agree - I can’t stand the original Secret Wars - silly to the Nth degree - BUT Civil war worked as a movie (as far as success - I’m not a fan of it personally) and it’s essentially the same kind of concept... (throw everyone together - big fight). 

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

Nah - I just did some Googling -- multiple sources say they're indeed talking about the '80s one.

Which, if you've tried to read it recently, _really_ does not hold up.

Course - given how far they veered from the source material with Civil War, they could pretty much just use the Secret Wars name and fill in a blank canvas.

I think that is how it would play out. None of these films follow the source material to the letter. If they do make Secret Wars it will probably be a future Avengers film, possibly even the next 2 part Avengers 7/8 films in 2028/2029. They still have a lot of characters to introduce before putting this together imo.

1 hour ago, Chuck Gower said:

I tend to agree - I can’t stand the original Secret Wars - silly to the Nth degree - BUT Civil war worked as a movie (as far as success - I’m not a fan of it personally) and it’s essentially the same kind of concept... (throw everyone together - big fight). 

With the Eternals movie coming, maybe the next big MCU event will be tied to the Celestials or the Builders 

6 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

And that is most probably what the Russos will go for: name and general concept, but not the overall story and character involvement.

Absolutely!! I have seen them in multiple interviews saying this. Where's the fun in telling a story verbatim from the comics? They want to tell their own version of Secret Wars. I am really interested in seeing what their take on the Beyonder would be. 

Edited by fett

No matter what, you have to be in awe of how Feige and team have figured out the secret sauce to draw massive crowd reactions.

Endgame_China.thumb.PNG.941b8217c426e4d98d893b773d79f5e1.PNG

Endgame's China fan extravaganza.

Biggest 'Avengers: Endgame' fan extravaganza held in China

Disney held the biggest fan event ever for its upcoming juggernaut superhero blockbuster "Avengers: Endgame" in Shanghai on Thursday night. The fan extravaganza kicked off just as its midnight debut ticket pre-sales skyrocketed to a record-breaking 100 million yuan.

About 8,500 fans packed the Shanghai Oriental Sports Center, cheering, crying and clapping for their heroes whom they grew up with in the past decade. It was a scene akin to going to a Avengers rock concert and the event was broadcast live on 30 major online streaming platforms in China.

"This is not just the biggest Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) fan event in the history of China," president of Marvel Studios Kevin Feige said to fans on stage." This is the biggest MCU fan event in the history of the world, thank you."

Edited by Bosco685