• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

Yea, I get the spoiler thing, I just hate it lifting at night.  Now I'm going to have my old battle axe yelling at me to pay attention to the kids and stop being addicted to my phone during the times I sneak off to refresh the Rotten Tomatoes Endgame page.  :makepoint:

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Hallelujah for assigned seating.

Emagine and MJR theaters in Michigan have it.

I have decent seats for Thor'sday. Best seats in the house on Friday and Saturday, though.

They had reserved seats if I wanted to pay $24 for VIP+ instead if $14, but I used scene points to get free tickets a few weeks back. They have reserved seats for all of the French screenings, which always annoys me. They did add reserved seats for a few English screenings after tickets sold out of the 1st ones but I can't stand watching films in 3D (maybe it's because I wear glasses). I've only seen my local Cineplex offer 2D reserved seats in English 2 times, once for Captain Marvel Thursday Previews & now for Endgame.:cry:

I’ll be at the Calgary Comic Expo but broke down and got tickets for a late night Thursday showing!

Edited by piper

That Natalie Portman appearance has people super-excited she may come back for Thor 4.

When she signed her contract to play Jane Foster, it was for three movies. She did Thor, and had a pretty good time with it. Then she suggested they sign Patty Jenkins for Thor 2. A lot went down between Jenkins and the executives which eventually culminated in Jenkins leaving, Alan Taylor taking over and the movie getting rewritten more than it already had, and requiring reshoots.

Natalie Portman was also kind of peeved with Marvel for their treatment of Patty Jenkins (who had left the project because the -script kept getting rewritten, Marvel was saying she didn’t have a clear vision, and she didn’t want to make a bad movie she didn’t believe in). This gets blown up into bigger drama fueled by rumors that she threatened to quit, or walked out.

Essentially, she is ready and willing to commit to her contract. Marvel has chosen not to ask her back, and they callously wrote her out with a throwaway line in Thor: Ragnarok.

I didn't realize Portman had recommended Patty Jenkins as director for Thor 2.

Wow! The lady behind the Robert Downey Jr. casting, along with Chris Pratt (when neither Gunn nor Pratt wanted this).

On the red carpet for tonight's Avengers: Endgame premiere, Finn admits that Guardians of the Galaxy has been the hardest Marvel movie to cast, not only because they were trying to get people to play a talking raccoon and walking tree, but because one of the leads initially refused to audition for their part. Speaking with Variety, Finns says that Guardians star Chris Pratt initially didn't want a thing to do with playing Peter Quill/Star-Lord.

"They're all challenging in their own ways, but I'd probably go with Guardians of the Galaxy," Finn says. "James Gunn has been very generous about this in saying that I, to the point of annoying him, kept insisting that Chris Pratt was the guy for the part, but Chris didn't want to play the part and refused to audition."

After some poking and prodding, Finn was able to get Pratt to audition, but at that point, Guardians director James Gunn had already tried moving on to other actors.

"I finally got him to audition and James Gunn said he didn't want to see him and that really was a challenge," she continues. "I was really happy when I finally got them together and it was honestly one of those eureka moments that we talk about in casting when it absolutely feels right and you know it's right. James turned to me within ten seconds and said 'He's the guy.'"

"We were reading many actors and they were all incredible and all different versions of the character but I kept hearing Chris in my head, so it was great when he decided he was interested and now, it's a legend. He's the perfect person."

Good on her! :applause:

14 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

They had reserved seats if I wanted to pay $24 for VIP+ instead if $14, but I used scene points to get free tickets a few weeks back. They have reserved seats for all of the French screenings, which always annoys me. They did add reserved seats for a few English screenings after tickets sold out of the 1st ones but I can't stand watching films in 3D (maybe it's because I wear glasses). I've only seen my local Cineplex offer 2D reserved seats in English 2 times, once for Captain Marvel Thursday Previews & now for Endgame.:cry:

Dang, I only paid about $15/seat for IMAX+Dolby ATMOS seats...

Assigned seating is the way to go. The world will catch up some point (I hope).