• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Meanwhile, Thor 2 turned out to be the worst MCU film out of 21 (so far).

And instead we have a near-superhero masterpiece with Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman.

I'm good with it.

The Dark World is not close to the awfulness of The Incredible Hulk... I can't let you smear it like that...

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Wow! Hell of a review.

Just looking at his avatar I think his opinion might be a bit biased:insane:.

I never trust these red carpet premier reviews/opinions.  I challenge anybody to find a movie premier where somebody comes out and says "eh, the movie was okay".

Having said all that, for this movie, I believe every positive wordlol.  This will challenge Gone With The WInd.  Don't think it will topple it...but there's a chance.

I've heard/seen bad things on premiere nights before.

Fant4stic? The director himself wasn't proud. That, and the awful RT reviews, easily persuaded me to skip it.

On an Avengers-related note, I received my Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Box Set Slipcase yesterday. I must say that I was surprised by how small it is in comparison to the other 3 that I have.

Dang if it's as good as they are saying, with AMC's A-list membership 3-movies a week allowance. I'm probably going to be rewatching at least once a week for the next 6 weeks in dolby, IMAX, and maybe even 3D IMAX.  Since it only costs me $20/month, I wonder if they count each time I watch towards the overall ticket purchase amount?

4 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I never trust these red carpet premier reviews/opinions.  I challenge anybody to find a movie premier where somebody comes out and says "eh, the movie was okay".

Scott Mendelson's Twitter review is the definition of "damning with faint praise." Sounds like he thought it was mediocre or just a bit better:

So, #AvengersEndgame hits the required beats, with plenty of fan service (most of it earned) and plenty of wit. It doesn't make a ton of sense (and the action is a comedown) but it's unquestionably fun.

— Scott Mendelson (@ScottMendelson) April 23, 2019

15 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Scott Mendelson's Twitter review is the definition of "damning with faint praise." Sounds like he thought it was mediocre or just a bit better:

So, #AvengersEndgame hits the required beats, with plenty of fan service (most of it earned) and plenty of wit. It doesn't make a ton of sense (and the action is a comedown) but it's unquestionably fun.

Same guy that said Infinity War is "nowhere near the best" MCU film a year ago.

I can't take his opinion seriously.

3 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Yeah, read that when it came out very early this morning and posted it a page back with the other reviews. But had also posted his follow-up to that where he had noted 

But no worries. Now he made up for it even more. :insane:

:facepalm:

Just now, Straw-Man said:

98% with almost 60 in.  one turd is negative.

It is possible for someone not to like the movie 

I mean Disney can’t afford to have all the reviewers in their pockets :whistle: