• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

Fandango has reported over 4000 screenings have already been sold out this weekend, and theaters are scrambling for more screens.  Projections of possibly 900 million WW, and breaking the 300 mil mark domestic.  

So is anything else actually goi g on this weekend?

6 minutes ago, drotto said:

Fandango has reported over 4000 screenings have already been sold out this weekend, and theaters are scrambling for more screens.  Projections of possibly 900 million WW, and breaking the 300 mil mark domestic.  

NFL Draft

6 minutes ago, drotto said:

Other than Game of Thrones S08 E03 (which people can always stream later), I don't think there is anything that will stand in the way of this entertainment onslaught.

Holy!

Is ‘Avengers: Endgame’ the Most Expensive Movie Ever Made?

We’ve seen conflicting reports regarding the actual budget of the most recent Avengers films, which were shot back-to-back in order to maximize the studio’s resources. Dan Cathy, co-owner of Pinewood Studios in Atlanta, where some of the movie’s production took place, claimed the combined budgets of both films totaled $1 billion, though Marvel chief Kevin Feige later said that was inaccurate. Shortly after Infinity War‘s release, The Wall Street Journal said it carried a budget “close to $300 million.” In December, Fortune reported that Infinity War cost $400 million and that Endgame is “expected to have a similarly sizable budget.” Deadline estimates that, including advertising, Infinity War was a $475 million endeavor for Disney. For what it’s worth, it isn’t unusual for a studio to publicly downplay its production budgets.

According to Box Office Mojo, 2012’s The Avengers carried a production budget of $220 million, while 2015’s Avengers: Age of Ultron cost $250 million, though there is some debate over those figures. In an interview with Victoria Alonso, executive vice president of physical production for Marvel Studios, The Hollywood Reporterplaced Ultron‘s budget at “upwards of $300 million,” but Deadline pegged it at $316 million.

With stars like Robert Downey Jr. taking in roughly $200 million for Infinity War and Endgame (thanks to a healthy percentage of the grosses) and a reported $400 million going to the screenwriter, directors, producers and principal actors, a budget between $350 million and $400 million sounds about right.

And once again this shows why Feige was wise getting Perlmutter out of the way with his production budget limitations. If you are going to make billions, smart to spend a few hundred million.

25 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Holy!

Is ‘Avengers: Endgame’ the Most Expensive Movie Ever Made?

And once again this shows why Feige was wise getting Perlmutter out of the way with his production budget limitations. If you are going to make billions, smart to spend a few hundred million.

$2BB breakeven?  where's the Bizarro CPA with all the wrong facts and figures?

10 hours ago, sledgehammer said:
19 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

The wife and I are going to Dinner and movie for this one. We can eat and watch the movie 
at same time.

:whee:

I wouldn't pass up IMAX 3D on this one. There's always time for dinner.

What's encouraging to me about RT so far, is the top critics #.

Avengers was at 85, and the other two turd sequels were at 74.

This one is at 95 so far.

I'm just not enough of a fanboy to care about these movies if they're badly written turds.

I'm very excited about this one,

Maybe I didn't explain well. I will be watching the movie while eating dinner. Its a treat my wife
and I splurge on for great movies last one was Rogue One.

57 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Other than Game of Thrones S08 E03 (which people can always stream later), I don't think there is anything that will stand in the way of this entertainment onslaught.

it'll set records that will stand 'til justice league 2 comes out!!!!!

5 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

No credit scenes, but allegedly there's, "something worth staying for".

Probably a "final" tribute to Stan Lee or those of us who have supported the MCU for so long.

I saw the movie today, there are no mid and post credit scenes and not really something worth staying for, if you are looking for more footage. But at least they show all characters again that were in the movie and pay tribute to the Original Avengers after that. I stayed because you just need the time to come down again from what you just experienced and this was the right way to do it. It reminded me of the Lord of the Rings 3 end credits, which was also a nice way to say goodbye to those characters.

Edited by Black Lantern

1 hour ago, Bill C said:

The movie is online (lower quality), Im watching it now.

I looked up the spoilers on some site the other day, turns out they were all legit (at least the big thread I read).

Im not really into the last couple years of Marvel movies. This one is long. I wouldnt sit through this first hour again, and if I like movies I can watch them over and over. I imagine it gets much more exciting though

How could anyone read spoilers and watch a low quality.screener or cam of this....blasphemy.

Edited by krighton

2 hours ago, Bill C said:

The movie is online (lower quality), Im watching it now.

I looked up the spoilers on some site the other day, turns out they were all legit (at least the big thread I read).

Im not really into the last couple years of Marvel movies. This one is long. I wouldnt sit through this first hour again, and if I like movies I can watch them over and over. I imagine it gets much more exciting though.

Pirate.jpg

13 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I took tomorrow off, because I'm guessing that my mind will be blown, and I won't be able to sleep.

Plus, I'll have to prepare for re-living the trauma again, @ 6:30 PM tomorrow...

No worries. @Straw-Man will be there to support you. Just mention how much you enjoyed Captain Marvel appearances, and how this will be at the top until Superman 2 comes out. :grin: