• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Right?

Look at Balls of Fury. A cultural and spiritual powerhouse of a movie. Only 22% of critics felt positive about this film. Yet it has led to a fanatical movie-goer base, it has impacted religions and even political stances on key topics, and influenced revolutions around the world.

What a movie!

Alright - When I asked what they were smokin', I was not suggesting that you "try it".

40 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Also, what are these guys smokin'?

"The mega-franchise's biggest fans will likely embrace the waterlogged sentimentality that pervades the entire three-hour affair. But where does that leave those of us who just wanted a good movie?"

This is the 22nd film of the franchise. If you're not invested in seeing it because of the preceding films, then what exactly are you doing..?

"I might be tempted to describe Infinity War and Endgame as a couple of the worst and ideologically vacuous blockbuster movies ever made - except I'm no longer sure they should even be called movies."

What!?

think i just saw that last critic at lunch.

HUA.jpg

9 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I always put Gone With The Wind as the real target.  You have to adjust for inflation to make a true comparison of history.

Where it lands on the All-Time (Adjusted) list will be interesting.

alltime_domestic01.PNG.c3ec6ac811351ae217fa2ee52066e1dc.PNG

I have seen GWTW listed as being as high as 3.7B adjusted for inflation so that would be a real high water mark for any film. Also, here is a review negative review of The Wizard of Oz from 1939 to give folks a bit of perspective.

The Wizard of Oz was intended to hit the same audience as Snow White, and won't fail for lack of trying. It has dwarfs, music, technicolor, freak characters, and Judy Garland. It can't be expected to have a sense of humor as well — and as for the light touch of fantasy, it weighs like a pound of fruitcake soaking wet. Children will not object to it, especially as it is a thing of many interesting gadgets; but it will be delightful for children mostly to their mothers, and any kid tall enough to reach up to a ticket window will be found at the Tarzan film down the street. The story of course has some lovely and wild ideas—men of straw and tin, a cowardly lion, a wizard who isn't a very good wizard — but the picture doesn't know what to do with them, except to be painfully literal and elaborate about everything... [The New Republic]

8 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Where it lands on the All-Time (Adjusted) list will be interesting.

alltime_domestic01.PNG.c3ec6ac811351ae217fa2ee52066e1dc.PNG

Man, I didn't realize how high Avatar truly was at the Domestic Box Office.

$760,507,625 domestic (unadjusted)

$2,027,457,462 international (unadjusted)

:whatthe:

33 minutes ago, jcjames said:

^^^^^^ How come Captain Marvel ain't on that list? It's amazing I hear! 

Fair. Captain Marvel's not even the top 100!!

Right now it's sitting at # 140 -- ahead of Iron Man, Toy Story, 2001: A Space Odyssey and four of the eight Harry Potter films. It's also on track to pass an additional two Harry Potter films by next weekend.

But no way does it gate event to # 120 (Toy Story 2 / Shrek territory).

Because... #mediocre #divisiveactress #mcguffin

2 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Fair. Captain Marvel's not even the top 100!!

Right now it's sitting at # 140 -- ahead of Iron Man, Toy Story, 2001: A Space Odyssey and four of the eight Harry Potter films. It's also on track to pass an additional two Harry Potter films by next weekend.

But no way does it gate event to # 120 (Toy Story 2 / Shrek territory).

Because... #mediocre #divisiveactress #mcguffin

Now you're talkin'!

lol