• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

Just now, Straw-Man said:

the post was changed from "director's" to "directors' " since there are two of 'em!    and how did the post reference you?????

You've been making that same goofy comment about BvS Ultimate Cut and my 9.0/10. for a while now. But let's pretend you haven't. :shy:

17 hours ago, Anfield Fox said:

I'm not going to post any spoilers but I had a lot of issues with the tone and pacing. It's a very different film to Infinity War to the point it's hard to believe they were written and directed by the same people and filmed at the same time. The humor was all over the place and just way too much. Some of the running jokes were ridiculous. Sometimes they get it about right like GotG and Ragnarok and other times It's just forced like Thor TDW Guardians 2.

Neither was I happy with some of the character arcs or how much of a diversion it takes from the source material or the reasons for these decisions. It also left me fearing for what the future holds for the MCU. Oh and don't get me started about the plot holes.

Don't get me wrong it has some good moments and action scenes. I definitely need to watch it again but first impressions were not good :(

busy.png

2 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

It beat TFA with 60 million in Thursday night previews. I don't think the general audience feels the same way as comic collectors.

I can see this meeting general audience expectations when comparing to other movies. but the few items called out don't have anything to do with the comic books. It's the story lore setup by the Russo Brothers, along with...

Spoiler

time travel challenges how to explain later taking the Infinity Stones back to each spot across the 21 films without disrupting events of the past which still tied to influences from Thanos throughout.

2 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

It beat TFA with 60 million in Thursday night previews. I don't think the general audience feels the same way as comic collectors.

Definitely not.  I was there at a 6pm showing and the audience was VERY mixed as far as demographics go.  Immediately following the movie, I saw multiple people who are most likely NOT comic collectors celebrating having seen the (*expletive*)-great movie.

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I can see this meeting general audience expectations when comparing to other movies. but the few items called out don't have anything to do with the comic books. It's the story lore setup by the Russo Brothers, along with...

Reveal hidden contents

time travel challenges how to explain later taking the Infinity Stones back to each spot across the 21 films without disrupting events of the past which still tied to influences from Thanos throughout.

I don't think the general audience cares as much about those details as they do the final outcome compared to us is my point. I still loved the film & any plot holes or directions I wasn't crazy about won't change that. Going to see it again with my bro @ 12:30.

4 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

I don't think the general audience cares as much about those details as they do the final outcome compared to us is my point. I still loved the film & any plot holes or directions I wasn't crazy about won't change that. Going to see it again with my bro @ 12:30.

Oh, general audiences are definitely going to love this for sure. Heck, it is at 4.7/5.0 right now on RT. Critics have even sat at 8.29/10.0 on average.

Endgame_RT01.PNG.bdbe05b126ad8d62a5dcdb6b9248e483.PNG

And check out the IMDb audience scores. High is putting it lightly.

Endgame_RT02.PNG.b44b369e2b0503e42dc2da0f7fbf1573.PNG

So this is going to be a win overall, no matter the plot questions.

Edited by Bosco685

16 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

300+M domestic, 1+B ww openers are what i'm thinkin' now.

I'm thinking it could hit 340+ domestic at this point (140/120/80) & 1.1 - 1.2 billion ww. Will likely bring in around 700 between America & China. With the records other countries are recording, it may even hit 1.2 - 1.3 billion ww by Sunday.

Edited by chezmtghut

1 minute ago, comix4fun said:

Has anyone googled the word "THANOS" yet? 

Do it, then click on the gauntlet and watch.

Then click on it again once it's all done. 

:roflmao:

Read that this morning. Everyone is making this a win. Even Google.

Went to the midnight show. I really really liked this...movie event. I also had some of the same problems I've always had with Russo Brothers MCU movies, and they seem a bit more accentuated here as this was a movie that pulled out all the stops. Going to see it again tonight in IMAX 3D. My first impression takeaway is that it was one part a continuation of the story from Infinity War, one part the final two hour episode of a beloved long running TV show. That sums it up for me.

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Went to the midnight show. I really really liked this...movie event. I also had some of the same problems I've always had with Russo Brothers MCU movies, and they seem a bit more accentuated here as this was a movie that pulled out all the stops. Going to see it again tonight in IMAX 3D. My first impression takeaway is that it was one part a continuation of the story from Infinity War, one part the final two hour episode of a beloved long running TV show. That sums it up for me.

I didn't consider it this way until now. This actually makes sense. It was like Lost where each of the major characters gets a chance to wrap up their part of the story.