• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Thank you. :foryou:

I really thought...

Reveal hidden contents

Bucky was going to be our go-forward Captain America. So when this happened, and Bucky gave him the nod, it was a surprise to me.

Spoiler

From my understanding, Bucky is tired of war (as noted in Black Panther), so he is reluctant to pick up the mantle.  Sam has been an Avenger and is still willing to fight the good fight, hence why he's better suited as Cap (at this current juncture).

4 hours ago, Callaway29 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I addicted to their steady stream of teasers, so I'm disappointed. But, I understand and respect their restraint. They didn't want this movie to be about what comes next...

Spoiler

The movie is intended as a conclusion to this 10 year arc.  It's better that the focus is clearly on our heroes in the now, as opposed to focusing on "what's next".

14 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:
  Hide contents

From my understanding, Bucky is tired of war (as noted in Black Panther), so he is reluctant to pick up the mantle.  Sam has been an Avenger and is still willing to fight the good fight, hence why he's better suited as Cap (at this current juncture).

Reveal hidden contents

The movie is intended as a conclusion to this 10 year arc.  It's better that the focus is clearly on our heroes in the now, as opposed to focusing on "what's next".

THIS makes a lot of sense. Especially if it is the path he wants to walk. 

Corporate Friday = Slow work day.  Don't worry, I have no kids so I can afford thislol.

- I'm getting the Iron Man Mark II because I already have the Mark I and Mark III

- I'm getting the Hulkbuster because it is 18 inches of awesomeness (and because the first run sold out)

- I'm getting the Iron Man Mark LXXXV because that's the final Iron Man version in the MCU

- I'm getting the Iron Man Mark XLIII because that's the version that was in the Hulkbuster (and yes, he does fit in the Hulk Buster!!!)

***It's not easy being a Hot Toys collector:facepalm:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.71d0d25b2c23aaadf782efdf9b7f2715.jpg

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Misspelled Hulkbuster

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

I didn't consider it this way until now. This actually makes sense. It was like Lost where each of the major characters gets a chance to wrap up their part of the story.

Felt like the last episode of Seinfeld for me.  And almost as unsatisfying

For those trying to figure out some of the science that came up in the movie (avoiding too many details)...someone charting the decisions made.

Spoiler

4L6tN5u.png

"This diagram includes every jump out and jump in point on all the timelines. In my analysis, there are five parallel timelines after A:E, including one in which Thanos, Gamora, and Nebula vanished in 2014 and never returned; one in which Frigga may not have been killed; one in which Loki escaped with the Tesseract in 2012; and one in which Steve Rogers reappeared in the 1950's, perhaps subsequently marrying Peggy Carter and foiling the plot by Hydra to infiltrate Shield."

If you thought you had the various time travel moments from Avengers: Endgame's second act pegged down, this chart making the rounds on Reddit will definitely make you think differently. The biggest talking point going forward will be how well (or not) the Avengers accomplished their ambitious time-spanning mission, and what disruptions to the timeline there could be as a result. Endgame's finale tries to coast right by the issue, by never actually showing us Captain America's journeys into the past to return the Infinity Stones to the exact points in history where they were first taken. But moments like Loki escaping with the Tesseract, or Tony Stark influencing Howard Stark's views on fatherhood, seem to destined to have bigger ramifications than just what we see in this film.

But the general audience probably thought "Cool - time travel!" :insane:

The general audience has gotten so used to MCU credit scenes theaters are having to post signs to make it clear this film does not contain any.

They must want to shuffle people out so they can get the next crowd in.

I think no end credits scenes for Endgame was highly appropriate. You want that last shot to be your final shot, a perfect way to end this first 10 year era. But I also think scenes that might've been end credits scenes were in the movie, i.e.  seeing where certain galactic characters are going at the movie's end.

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I didn't consider it this way until now. This actually makes sense. It was like Lost where each of the major characters gets a chance to wrap up their part of the story.

I referred to it as similar to the final episode of a beloved TV show not only because it wraps up certain storylines, but also acts like a sort of reunion party where characters from earlier episodes return, and also from an audience standpoint, where some will love it, and some will not. Yeah, the final episode of Seinfeld comes to mind. Lost, also.

57 minutes ago, Heronext said:

Am I mistaken or - 

Hide contents

Is Jarvis (in the 1970 scene) the first Marvel TV character to make the jump to the big screen?

You nailed it!

Spoiler

Avengers: Endgame Features The MCU’s First TV To Movie Crossover

With that disclaimer out of the way, we can now confirm that Avengers: Endgame features a brief cameo from Edwin Jarvis, the personal assistant of Howard Stark who would later serve as the inspiration for Tony’s A.I. system. It’s a special little moment tucked away in the Endgametime travel sequence, and yes, Jarvis was once again played by James D’Arcy, who brought the character to life in Agent Carter before it was sadly taken off air.

That means Jarvis is the first Marvel character to make the jump from television to film, whereas the likes of Phil Coulson, Nick Fury, Peggy Carter, Howard Stark and Lady Sif have all transitioned from big screen to small over the past number of years. So in that respect, Avengers: Endgame made history.

I’m going to wait another week or two to let the crowds die down before watching this. So tonight will be a horror double feature, US and Pet Semetary. The theater should be nearly empty for those today.

Went to the 12:30 show & it was still nearly half full. I think I liked it more the 2nd time around. Met an old friend who took his son out of school to see the film before the lines get outrageous tonight. People were waiting in line 1&1/2 - 2 hours before the film started at my local theater for the Thursday previews. I was there an hour early & couldn't even find 2 available seats next to each other at that point.

Here's a rough 12 week domestic projection if my opening week #'s line up & it follows a similar pattern to Infinity War:

12 weeks = 888.88 million domestic (potentially 900 by the end of it's run)

week 1 - 440 (140/120/80/30/30/20/20)

week 2 - 193.6 (-56%)

week 3 - 104.54 (-46%)

week 4 - 50.18 (-52%)

week 5 - 35.12 (-30%)

week 6 - 23.18 (-44%)

week 7 - 16.46 (-29%)

week 8 - 12.01 (-27%)

week 9 - 6 (-50%)

week 10 - 4.14 (-31%)

week 11 - 2.15 (-48%)

week 12 - 1.5 (-30%)