• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

It's really mind blowing that they got this all on screen and got actors to stick around to make this wonderful universe.

One of Marvels better stories. This is history in the making. Loved the excitement and passion within Marvel. One of the greatest Cap moments in the history of the character.

Would love to see the 616 Marvel universe take notes and step it up a bit.
I suspect they will do a long 10 year build up to some kind of Secret Wars team-up next in with X-Men, FF and the whoever still sticks around that long.  

Edited by Rip

40 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Disney/Marvel is a machine and they have been doing this for many many years so I don't doubt they can pull it off. But at what cost to the rest of the players. Those of us who saw Shazam can honestly say what a good movie that was. Did this movie have an impact? probably. What impact does it have on Hellboy? Not putting blame on Disney, they are here to make money. I'm just offering a perspective that while Disney is making 2-3 Billion on this movie, that money is being sucked out of other projects.Not everyone can afford to watch all 3 movies, or watch 4 since many will watch this one twice.

I think Feige has expressed that for the near future there are no plans to build and develop such a massive story over a long period of time.  It takes an incredible amount of work (and luck) to pull it off.  My best guess is that the next few movies will be largely isolated stories that might make loose references to other franchises.  You might see some crossovers (a la Tony/Iron Man crossing over in Spider-Man: Homecoming), but building towards a big bad?  Not so much.  I'm thinking since they just finalized the Fox deal not too long ago, they'll develop the FF/X-Men franchises and our next big crossover will likely see some meeting of the two franchises with the Avengers (whoever that will be years down the road) and some Guardians.  But that will be years and years down the road.

Moving forward I would like to see a version of the superhero poker game. Ben Grimm, Wolverine, Nick Fury, etc. sitting around the table shooting the mess. It would be a nice way to express the shared continuity. Or Peter Parker hanging with Johnny Storm, that type of thing where you get the idea that some of these characters know each other. It cannot happen right away obviously, they have to establish those characters in the MCU first but maybe in the first FF film they could have a light moment post credits. It doesn't have to be all serious e.g. The Illuminati.

Just now, Oddball said:

Would love to see Marvel give us a real Fantastic Four movie with SS and Galactus. Just kick off the next stage with dropped jaws.

At this point, you know they can pull this off and blow people away.

Although some carp on Ant-Man & The Wasp, I really enjoyed that movie and the hints to a quantum realm which can be the catalyst for the Fantastic Four's powers like what happened to Janet. It would be so cool to see them in action.

I still watch the Fantastic Four (2005) extended cut film. But it definitely could have used more energy.

12 minutes ago, jcjames said:

it's a frickin STORY that wraps up 10 years of 20+ movies people!

Mmm, does it wrap up 10 years of 20+ stories, though? They keep saying that in the marketing and in press coverage. (MAYBE SPOILERY?]  But Black Widow has a movie coming out next year. Hawkeye, Wanda, and Vision have TV shows coming. Thor is getting a 4th movie. Guardians of the Galaxy still have to finish their trilogy. Black Panther, Ant-Man, Wasp, Dr Strange, and Captain Marvel are just getting started. I'd say the stories of two major characters are wrapped up, and that's it. 

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Mmm, does it wrap up 10 years of 20+ stories, though? They keep saying that in the marketing and in press coverage. (MAYBE SPOILERY?]  But Black Widow has a movie coming out next year. Hawkeye, Wanda, and Vision have TV shows coming. Thor is getting a 4th movie. Guardians of the Galaxy still have to finish their trilogy. Black Panther, Ant-Man, Wasp, Dr Strange, and Captain Marvel are just getting started. I'd say the stories of two major characters are wrapped up, and that's it. 

Well, it wraps up this particular "phase" of stories I guess is a better way of saying it. Yeah, there's going to be a lot more coming from some of the same characters, but... This one did have a certain "end" feel to it.

30 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Well, it wraps up this particular "phase" of stories I guess is a better way of saying it. Yeah, there's going to be a lot more coming from some of the same characters, but... This one did have a certain "end" feel to it.

:baiting:

10 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Do not stay for extra scenes there aren't any.

Well there's a nice credits send off a la Star Trek when they list the original Avengers. There's also the sound of Stark hammering during Marvel logo at very end of credits to take us back to the first MCU movie.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

I liked it ... a lot . Are there things I didn’t agree with ? Yes . Are there head scratchers ? Yes . Bit spoiler free ... I enjoyed more than I disliked ... much more . It had a lot of cameos which was really cool but it did feel swan songish... almost how “ days of future past “felt but dare I say ... MUCH better 

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

DC never has a chance unless they look at this Marvel model and make changes.
They are so far ahead of them its ridiculous.

Unlike the comics, DC isn’t competing here. The mistake many make is to suggest that there is some completion, thus creating a winner and a loser.

Disney is competing with everyone when they release a movie.