• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, paperheart said:

$2.677BB, $111MM from Avatar- not going to get there

Ya, a less than 15M weekend internationally seems quite low after a nearly 20M Monday - Thursday. Looks like it took a hit from Aladdin. Made about 0.5M less than Infinity War this weekend also & still 100.4M behind Avatar.

BOM.jpg

Edited by chezmtghut

1 minute ago, chezmtghut said:

Ya, a less than 15M weekend internationally seems quite low after a nearly 20M Monday - Thursday. Looks like it took a hit from Aladdin. Made about 0.5M less than Infinity War this weekend also & 100.4M behind Avatar.

$481,522 less than Infinity War. :shy:

13 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Interesting. By Day 31, Infinity War had a higher Domestic Box Office total, where from Day 21 to 30 it was Avengers (2012).

BOX OFFICE MOJO: Avengers Assemble Showdown - Daily Numbers

DC_MCU_BO190526d.PNG.97ebfa4c97174a0840dee16d17f59f12.PNG

Going back through this fantastic comparison section, I'm shocked that Endgame's Domestic Box Office hasn't been in the unadjusted lead since Day 17. It's been a trade-off between Avengers (2012) and Infinity War since Day 18.

Seriously, I assumed with the massive results it was Endgame topping them all.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Going back through this fantastic comparison section, I'm shocked that Endgame's Domestic Box Office hasn't been in the unadjusted lead since Day 17. It's been a trade-off between Avengers (2012) and Infinity War since Day 18.

Seriously, I assumed with the massive results it was Endgame topping them all.

Would be interesting to see how well an MCU film does if it opened at Christmas since they have no Star Wars (2023?) or Avatar (2022?) planned for the next couple of years. I think Endgame would have hit 3 billion if it opened Christmas 2018 & had a better stretch with little competition aside from Aquaman. May have made less in China though.

2 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

Would be interesting to see how well an MCU film does if it opened at Christmas since they have no Star Wars (2023?) or Avatar (2022?) planned for the next couple of years. I think Endgame would have hit 3 billion if it opened Christmas 2018 & had a better stretch with little competition aside from Aquaman. May have made less in China though.

Sigourney Weaver, Avatar
20th Century Fox

James Cameron's long-awaited sequel to his groundbreaking 3D film will finally arrive in cinemas on 17 December, 2021

UNTITLED DISNEY LIVE ACTION December 22, 2021

UNTITLED STAR WARS December 16, 2022

UNTITLED STAR WARS December 20, 2024

UNTITLED STAR WARS December 18, 2026

5 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

No matter if this film tops Avatar or not, this just another massive win for the MCU that I hope encourages other studios to do more.

:wishluck:

21 minutes ago, paperheart said:

Sigourney Weaver, Avatar

20th Century Fox

James Cameron's long-awaited sequel to his groundbreaking 3D film will finally arrive in cinemas on 17 December, 2021

UNTITLED DISNEY LIVE ACTION December 22, 2021

UNTITLED STAR WARS December 16, 2022

UNTITLED STAR WARS December 20, 2024

UNTITLED STAR WARS December 18, 2026

hm I knew they pushed it back again once Disney officially got Fox, thought it was 2022 though. So they still have 1 year to test the waters with an MCU film at Christmas. We know they have Black Widow planned for next year, but not sure when DS2, GotG3, Shang-Chi or the Eternals are suppose to be released. They will obviously have at least one come out in 2020 & the Eternals is in pre-production, so that's the safer bet unless we see some traction on GotG3.

19 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

No matter if this film tops Avatar or not, this just another massive win for the MCU that I hope encourages other studios to do more.

:wishluck:

I would say that's a definite yes. :cloud9:

Edited by chezmtghut

16 hours ago, Gaard said:

I'm probably late to the party ... very late, but my son just showed me that if you google THANOS and click the little gauntlet pictured on the right side of the screen, half the links will disappear.

If you click it again, everything reappears. It's pretty awesome.

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Only about $100 million behind Avatar.

$105,033,351...all you have to do is look up at 3 previous posts and see Bosco's chart.  The man did work to get you the numbers:facepalm:.

It won't topple Avatar.  I've given up hope.  There aren't enough people who have 3 hours to kill during summer time...especially if they've already seen it.  So this is where the length of the movie actually hurts it.

1 minute ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

$105,033,351...all you have to do is look up at 3 previous posts and see Bosco's chart.  The man did work to get you the numbers:facepalm:.

It won't topple Avatar.  I've given up hope.  There aren't enough people who have 3 hours to kill during summer time...especially if they've already seen it.  So this is where the length of the movie actually hurts it.

Oh, I didn't realize that "about $100 million" isn't close enough to what Bosco posted...

There are still people who have not seen and that will see it. It'll be in theaters for a couple more months at least. It'll likely beat Avatar at some point.

Looks like Endgame just got a bump internationally this weekend. Leaves it more of a fighting chance to catch Avatar. Still waiting on an update of the domestic Memorial Day weekend total. 

Still needs another 50M domestic & 50M internationally. Not impossible but could be tough. Made 38M internationally this past week. Would need roughly 25M this week & 15M next week to guarantee it’s chances. Should easily make another 40M domestically, even if drops are higher than Infinity War (made 50M+ over the last 16 weeks).

0C458703-2585-44F2-97CC-3F273E1B3759.jpeg

Edited by chezmtghut

2 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

Looks like Endgame just got a bump internationally this weekend. Leaves it more of a fighting chance to catch Avatar. Still waiting on an update of the domestic Memorial Day weekend total. 

Still needs another 50M domestic & 50M internationally. Not impossible but could be tough. Made 38M internationally this past week. Would need roughly 25M this week & 15M next week to guarantee it’s chances. Should easily make another 40M domestically, even if drops are higher than Infinity War (made 50M+ over the last 16 weeks).

Turns out the domestic take was lower.

DC_MCU_BO190528a.PNG.c21f66a9e159a6beb582cb253968f8b6.PNG

Oddly enough, Infinity War still has the highest daily total out of the 4 Avengers films.

DC_MCU_BO190528b.thumb.PNG.f52827a435b47a832d32fe601e51a343.PNG

$101.113M gap currently.

Edited by Bosco685

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Turns out the domestic take was lower.

DC_MCU_BO190528a.PNG.c21f66a9e159a6beb582cb253968f8b6.PNG

Oddly enough, Infinity War still has the highest daily total out of the 4 Avengers films.

DC_MCU_BO190528b.thumb.PNG.f52827a435b47a832d32fe601e51a343.PNG

$101.113M gap currently.

The Avengers opened a week later, so it’s Memorial Day weekend was a week earlier than Infinity War & Endgame. 

5 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

bizarre that Int'l was off by over $4MM on a supposed $16MM+ weekend.  $5MM last week was from China, so don't see how it could get anywhere near $25MM Int'l this week.  Unless it gets a huge pre-Far From Home bump, don't see another $100MM in the tank. #2 but tried harder

Edited by paperheart