• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

It is known that Peggy Carter married someone in the years which followed Steve Rogers plunging a ship into the ice and freezing for 70 years. Writers of Endgame, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, claim that man was always Steve Rogers, but after he defeated Thanos and went back in time (which is not the argument made by directors Anthony Russo and Joe Russo).

"It was always our intention that he was the father of those two children. But again, there are time travel loopholes for that," McFeely said in May. This would mean there were two of Steve Rogers for a large amount of time. One of those times appears to have been Peggy Carter's funeral seen in Captain America: Civil War. It is known Steve Rogers was carrying Peggy's casket from the front end, but now it looks as if older Steve Rogers might be bringing up the rear on that effort.

old-steve-rogers-funeral-1175056.jpeg?au

As huge a hit as Avengers: Endgame is worldwide and so close to Avatar's 2009 overall box office, it is interesting how much of a gap there is between the International Box Office totals. It is the tremendous success of the Domestic Box Office helping carry the former forward.

DC_MCU_BO190615.thumb.PNG.03038be1c6d0d32e630dfdb24dda570c.PNG

Could it be the Domestic market has more of the excessive MCU fanatics that will go to the same film multiple times?

A Riverview man has seen ‘Avengers: Endgame’ a record 116 times and he’s not slowing down

Agustin Alanis is a big fan of Marvel’s Avengers franchise. Like, really big. Not only does the 30-year-old construction supervisor and body builder travel the country attending comic conventions, where he has met members of the films’ cast, he is now setting out to break the Guinness World Record for most viewings of a single film in theaters. He’s seen Avengers: Endgame 116 times — and counting. He’s far from done.

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I wanted to see it for a 6th time yesterday, but the 2 closest good theaters aren't showing Endgame anymore... :(

emotion01.gif.df1b2197cadcdd20f092ea93844d79d9.gif

"Emergency Hotline, how can I help you?"

'Avengers: Endgame - theaters stopped showing it in my area!"

"........................................uhhhh....."

:baiting:

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

emotion01.gif.df1b2197cadcdd20f092ea93844d79d9.gif

"Emergency Hotline, how can I help you?"

'Avengers: Endgame - theaters stopped showing it in my area!"

"........................................uhhhh....."

:baiting:

There's a theater < 10 miles out that's showing it, and when I looked at reserved tickets it was nearly sold out, but that theater hasn't upgraded their screens in 11 years.

4 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

There's a theater < 10 miles out that's showing it, and when I looked at reserved tickets it was nearly sold out, but that theater hasn't upgraded their screens in 11 years.

A real fan would take the bullet for the team. Disney needs your help.

OCD01.jpg.99d921f7fd1085317ca4c83c83753b9b.jpg

4 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I had to begin the finishing touches on my apartment, so I put Interstellar on the TV in the background, instead.

Was it good? Have never watched this film.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Was it good? Have never watched this film.

Seriously!?

It's long AF. 3.5 hours IIRC?

If you like realistic Sci-Fi stuff, it's amazing.

I honestly can't think of a single bad aspect to the film. It has some twists. It has an amazing soundtrack.

I also think Neil Degrasse Tyson praised it for its realistic scientific theories. I highly recommend it.

30 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Seriously!?

It's long AF. 3.5 hours IIRC?

If you like realistic Sci-Fi stuff, it's amazing.

I honestly can't think of a single bad aspect to the film. It has some twists. It has an amazing soundtrack.

I also think Neil Degrasse Tyson praised it for its realistic scientific theories. I highly recommend it.

I'll have to give this a try.

A space movie that shocked me how much I liked it was 'Passengers' with Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence. My wife wanted to see it, and I didn't. Afterwards, we were talking about the story.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

A space movie that shocked me how much I liked it was 'Passengers' with Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence. My wife wanted to see it, and I didn't. Afterwards, we were talking about the story.

I've had it on my DVR for almost 2 years since I don't have it on Blu-ray or anything. lol

I'd be interested in your thoughts and opinions on it. It's a magnetic movie for me.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Interstellar is *phenomenal.*

I think it's Nolan's best work - which is no small praise given that he's also responsible for Inception, The Prestige and The Dark Knight.

I was really excited for Passengers from the initial casting announcement and read the -script before the first trailer came out.

But I ultimately passed on seeing it once the reviews hit. Will have to see if I can catch it on streaming.

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

Interstellar is *phenomenal.*

I think it's Nolan's best work - which is no small praise given that he's also responsible for Inception, The Prestige and The Dark Knight.

I was really excited for Passengers from the initial casting announcement and read the --script before the first trailer came out.

But I ultimately passed on seeing it once the reviews hit. Will have to see if I can catch it on streaming.

I think I am in for a film treat. Excellent! :whee:

8 hours ago, bc said:
9 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I think I am in for a film treat. Excellent! :whee:

I'll also chime in and say that Interstellar was a great modern sci-fi movie. Well worth the 3 hour time investment.

I will chime in as well and remind you(Bosco) to watch it LOUD, very very Loud. The Hans Zimmer soundtrack is very intense. Just an awesome movie imho.

I love love love Interstellar 

I don’t know if it’s a good movie, I really don’t care if it is or not or what anyone thinks of it

theres is something hypnotic about that movie

it does something I can’t put my finger on it

it gives you hope but in a realistic way and the story is beyond imagination

it dances on the fine line between science and fantasy 

one of my biggest movie regrets is not seeing it in the theatre - I wish I could have seen it on the big screen and loud 

5 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

i didn’t like Passengers at all. Felt it fell flat and it had a very good premise 

I'm definitely feeling like I missed out on Interstellar after all those positive posts. Need to fix that.

Passengers was a fairly dark twist on a 'couple in space' story. So I could see it not working for everyone. To me, it made the intensity higher knowing the details would come out at some point what Chris Pratt's character had done.

8 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I love love love Interstellar 

I don’t know if it’s a good movie, I really don’t care if it is or not or what anyone thinks of it

theres is something hypnotic about that movie

it does something I can’t put my finger on it

it gives you hope but in a realistic way and the story is beyond imagination

it dances on the fine line between science and fantasy 

one of my biggest movie regrets is not seeing it in the theatre - I wish I could have seen it on the big screen and loud 

One of mine as well. I would happily have traded all the superhero movies I have seen (on the big screen0 to have seen this instead and I mean no offense.