• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, paperheart said:

i don't see it either

It’s about 43.5M away from Avatar today & I believe it should make another 13.5M - 15M worldwide without the rerelease. It’s always possible if they bring it back to a lot more theaters worldwide but Feige didn’t give many details aside from there being bonus footage. I would think maybe it brings in an extra 20M during the rerelease, but we will have a better idea by next Sunday. It might be out for 1 - 2 weeks or possibly just one weekend. 

8 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I would have done the same thing.  Lonely and horny is a bad combinationlol.

On topic...I need to find out if they're re-releasing Endgame in my theater.  Just think, they might show off Fantastic Four or some other characters in Phase 4:ohnoez:.

I would think all theaters will replace the current release with the rerelease, so you just need to see if it’s playing at your local theater next weekend (June 28th). There’s no way there will be anything related to Fantastic Four or any recently acquired Fox properties though, that’s just a pipe dream. 

Edited by chezmtghut

I know a lot of people who are interested in seeing it again. Many have even said they're gonna "force their parents to see it". lol

I think they're basically replacing the 'see it at home with my family' with this re-release.

Will it be enough to topple Avatar? I would think so. I also hope so. Avatar sucks.

18 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I know a lot of people who are interested in seeing it again. Many have even said they're gonna "force their parents to see it". lol

I think they're basically replacing the 'see it at home with my family' with this re-release.

Will it be enough to topple Avatar? I would think so. I also hope so. Avatar sucks.

NAVI01.PNG.8c091c5c5db1bcc4e55d618ae036d923.PNG

:baiting:

But seriously, you can't even compare the two movies other than they both fall within the Fantasy genre. There are those that still appreciate Avatar, though.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

:baiting:

But seriously, you can't even compare the two movies other than they both fall within the Fantasy genre. There are those that still appreciate Avatar, though.

Seriously, though, Endgame was an original story with interesting characters.

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Over 22 films I would hope at this point people saw this as having interesting characters which they came to appreciate.

If this came out as a standalone film with no franchise, then somewhat. But you'd be missing much of the backstory.

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Over 22 films I would hope at this point people saw this as having interesting characters which they came to appreciate.

If this came out as a standalone film with no franchise, then somewhat. But you'd be missing much of the backstory.

:ohnoez:

While exact details have yet to surface, various reports have suggested in total, between six and seven minutes of extra footage will be tacked on to the end of the film, either during or after the credits. Rumored content includes a Stan Lee tribute, deleted scenes, and a "few surprises" according to Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige.

One of those surprises will likely be a more traditional Marvel Cinematic Universe post-credits scene, which has led fans to speculate and theorize around the clock since the re-release was first announced. One intriguing theory that's gone viral online suggests the post-credits scene will finally introduce the Fantastic Four to the MCU. Shared by u/FiveFingeredKing, the theory is pretty simple.

They'll take the metal clanging sounds heard during the initial credit sequence, which was supposed to represent Tony Stark building his Mark I armor during the events of Iron Man (2008), and turn it into a post-credits scene which will see a mysterious pair of hands hammering a mask. As it turns out, those hands would belong to none other than Victor Von Doom and just like that, Dr. Doom could be officially in the MCU.

On 6/21/2019 at 6:29 AM, TwoPiece said:

C'mon manlol.  You can't make that argument.  Both story and characters were already developed in the comics.  I don't know how original something can be when it's built on an existing story and idea.

26 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

C'mon manlol.  You can't make that argument.  Both story and characters were already developed in the comics.  I don't know how original something can be when it's built on an existing story and idea.

LOL. Right?

9 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

9 hours ago, Hawkman said:

LOL. Right?

You two are going to get it now.

comeatmebro01.PNG.bcbc054252f040ee9123b2671fc9ba4f.PNG
:insane:

On 6/21/2019 at 4:29 AM, TwoPiece said:

20 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

19 hours ago, Hawkman said:

LOL. Right?

How about a rehabilitation of the claim -
from: "Seriously, though, Endgame was an original story with interesting characters".
to: "Seriously, though, Endgame was an adaptation of an original story with interesting characters".   -as opposed to Avatar, which might be viewed as a rehash of a well-used story.  (And I'm not bashing, I rather liked Avatar).

On 6/21/2019 at 8:42 PM, marvelcollector said:

Avatar was/is an overhyped and overrated movie based much more on a fad (3D) than originality.

And an old fad at that. With technology it was just a better executed fad.

I bet the sequels will not do as good as the first one. You are right it was the fad cutting edge 3D tech at the time.

I just rewatched it on a tv screen without the 3d and average at best,

I am looking forward to more Marvel, DC and Stat Wars movies than this.

Avatar really doesn't excite me. I thought Looper and Judge Dredd were better.

6 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

As my friend called it at the time, it was "Dances With Smurfs."

Did your friend ever take that act on the road? I'm telling you, all he'd have to do is paint his skin blue as a self-deprecating Na'vi, tell Avatar jokes and mingle with paying customers.

Las Vegas would pay big for an act like that.

Huh.

So with weekend actuals in, Dark Phoenix has made just shy of $60.1 million domestic.

John Carter had hit $62.4 million by that same point in its release cycle 7 years ago.

#WorseThanJohnCarter

Guess it gives new meaning to the phrase "it's the bomb."

18 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

As my friend called it at the time, it was "Dances With Smurfs."

Just did the Avatar ride at Disney for the first time. My son gets off and goes that was great, awsome ride.  That is the only sequel Avitar needs why are they making like 4 more?

2 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Huh.

So with weekend actuals in, Dark Phoenix has made just shy of $60.1 million domestic.

John Carter had hit $62.4 million by that same point in its release cycle 7 years ago.

#WorseThanJohnCarter

Guess it gives new meaning to the phrase "it's the bomb."

Wrong thread. If you are going to play out the 'Oh yeah, take this...' routine at least do it in the right thread.

But ask your friend first for a Las Vegas-level zinger.

:rulez::insane: