• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, 234wallst said:

I was surprised to see the boxofficemojo forecast so low.  You would think at least $2.5m/day.  But looking at my area (Boston) there really aren't that many showtimes available.  Not exactly sure which side has more control over that; the theater or the distributor.

@Bosco685?  Care to elaborate?

3 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Yes it's a shame and it's also maddening.  I'll also "man-up" and recant my much earlier statement that this would top $3 billion.  I'll eat my words with a nice wine reduction please.

It just didn't pander enough to the casual fan to break that barrier. I also thought it'd top $3 billion.

I still know people who haven't seen it - no matter how much I urge them.

It's a 3-hour long movie that doesn't have much action until the back-9. Word of mouth among the casuals is that "Infinity War is better". Infinity War is a better action flick. Endgame is the best MCU film.

12 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

It just didn't pander enough to the casual fan to break that barrier. I also thought it'd top $3 billion.

It's a 3-hour long movie that doesn't have much action until the back-9. Word of mouth among the casuals is that "Infinity War is better". Infinity War is a better action flick. Endgame is the best MCU film.

Spot on with all of this.

My wife has maybe read 10 comics since I've known her but she's a devout MCU/Marvel film fan.  That said, her sentiments were exactly as you mentioned, she thought Infinity War was much better.  We (my wife and I) share different opinions on Endgame but one thing is unfortunately true: it's just running out of steam.

Edited by sagekilz

16 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I'm just glad Disney won't have to shutter its parks now, let alone the film studios.

(:

Yeah right.  Just as Disney this past week.  For Disney ( I realize many non Disney parks fold or struggle)  the parks are like printing money.

11 minutes ago, drotto said:

Yeah right.  Just as Disney this past week.  For Disney ( I realize many non Disney parks fold or struggle)  the parks are like printing money.

Right? Just to get around people walk 4-5-6-7-8 abreast which then forces folks coming the opposite way to squeeze way over to one side.

I knew Disneyworld was going to be packed when we went this year. But man, there was NEVER a slow day.

53 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

@Bosco685?  Care to elaborate?

In training this week or I could pull down some of the details. But it definitely was excessively front-loaded, and then followed a lower Avengers blockbuster path afterwards.

Added additional footage to drive more attendance is an interesting approach. The hardcore MCU fans will eat up anything and everything thrown at them, no matter the details. This could be what puts it over the top.

30 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Right? Just to get around people walk 4-5-6-7-8 abreast which then forces folks coming the opposite way to squeeze way over to one side.

I knew Disneyworld was going to be packed when we went this year. But man, there was NEVER a slow day.

Ever tried just running full speed with both arms extended and close-lining everyone in your path..?

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

Ever tried just running full speed with both arms extended and close-lining everyone in your path..?

lol

Unfortunately, at that point they are Disneyfied so any obstructions have no impact because they must move forward and spend as their eyes spin around and around, hypnotized to feed The Mouse.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

lol

Unfortunately, at that point they are Disneyfied so any obstructions have no impact because they must move forward and spend as their eyes spin around and around, hypnotized to feed The Mouse.

Try it, you dummy. Maybe put on those foam Hulk hands to save yourself on impacts.

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

Endgame IS the best ending to 22 movies, period.  I just don't see anyone being able to recreate this again in the future and having the line up and close out the way Endgame did.

I wish I knew what theaters were doing the rerelease poster giveaway, because I would really like to have it.

47 minutes ago, 234wallst said:

The extra footage was very underwhelming.  The tribute was the best part.  Well at least I got the poster and I'm fine with seeing it probably the last time in theaters.

Disney thanks you ($$). :baiting:

:foryou:

Disney’s re-release of Avengers: Endgame in 2,025 theaters with extra fooage is seeing a 10th weekend of $6.3M, +218% for a running total by Sunday of $842.1M.

May get close enough that the lack of extension in China was the thing that kept it from going over the top