• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

It's only got a couple of week prior to digital release. I think it crosses the line just in time...

It's that fanatical Domestic Market that is keeping the fires burning strong, as the International Market is still $97.8M from matching the 2009 results of Avatar. Even with a China box office extension, that could have added another $10M-$20M.

DC_MCU_BO190715a.thumb.PNG.51b8a6b525764c2685d356aa6c6cf58e.PNG

It would be interesting to know what the Domestic repeat viewing average was with excess funds to support Disney on this quest to top a fellow sister franchise within the Mouse Family.

Edited by Bosco685

It's hard to believe Avatar performed that well at the box office as that movie seemed liked it just blew in and blew out.  I haven't heard hardly anything about sequels, merchandise, toys, video games like you do for Star Wars and certain Super Hero movies. Just no buzz for it.
It's only been in the last year or two James Cameron started discussing about  "finally" making a few sequels.  I thought there would be a sequel within 3 years after Avatar came out. 
I liked Endgame and hope it passes Avatar.   

14 hours ago, musicmeta said:

It's hard to believe Avatar performed that well at the box office as that movie seemed liked it just blew in and blew out.  I haven't heard hardly anything about sequels, merchandise, toys, video games like you do for Star Wars and certain Super Hero movies. Just no buzz for it.
It's only been in the last year or two James Cameron started discussing about  "finally" making a few sequels.  I thought there would be a sequel within 3 years after Avatar came out. 
I liked Endgame and hope it passes Avatar.   

3D ticket prices in 2009.