• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

So that's what inspired that Thanos blade in Endgame?

It looks like the ThanosCopter made it in Avengers: Endgame after all! That is, of course, according to Thanos creator and cosmic Marvel icon Jim Starlin. Speaking with Digital Spy at San Diego Comic-Con, Starlin admits that if he didn't like one thing about Avengers: Endgame, it'd be Thanos' (Josh Brolin) new weapon — a sword that had enough power to break apart Captain America's vibranium shield. According to Starlin, the Russos and company drew inspiration from the infamous ThanosCopter for the new weapon.

"The one thing they did and I will never forgive the Russos and [writers] Markus and McFeely was they brought that weapon he had in, which is inspired from the Thanos helicopter which most everybody had almost forgot all about," Starlin said. "Originally, the ThanosCopter was created by Larry Lieber for some kids' books called Spidey Super Stories. Thanos was running around robbing banks with the name Thanos written on the side of his copter which always struck me as a little strange all by itself."

"But I tried to ignore it and I thought people had forgot about it, but they stuck it in the movie. I had a couple of writers credit me with creating it and I'm like, 'No, it wasn't me'."

13 minutes ago, bane said:

If I did this where I live I would have spent over £2k. :facepalm:

He's the fan that at 140 (+) viewings Don Cheadle posted 'Don't you want to see another film now' and then later took the tweet down.

:whatthe:

Just now, Bosco685 said:

He's the fan that at 140 (+) viewings Don Cheadle posted 'Don't you want to see another film now' and then later took the tweet down.

I'm all for seeing a great movie a couple of times at the cinema, but this guy must have money to burn.

Or he really hated Avatar. hm

9 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

Who has this much free time ...... serious question

At 3.5 hours per viewing - that's almost a full month of time :ohnoez:

191 times? Holy :censored:.

He helped crown the Champ, though, so thanks!

If more people actually saw the movie a couple times, that would be great. I can't count the amount of times people cry, "but plot holes", and I have to inform them that they're flat-out incorrect. Happens on every single FB post about the digital-Blu-ray release.

Avengers: Endgame has reached the top of the hill and taken throne, surpassing Avatar to become the highest-grossing movie of all time, worldwide. However, Endgame's victory may be more conditional than initially thought, as there seems to be one movie that would've still stood above it: Gone with the Wind.

According to the Guinness Book of World Records (as pointed out by People), Gone with the Wind would've earned $3.44 billion at the box office, if adjusted for inflation by today's ticket prices.

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

According to the Guinness Book of World Records (as pointed out by People), Gone with the Wind would've earned $3.44 billion at the box office, if adjusted for inflation by today's ticket prices.

and that was most likely just USA audiences because back in 1939 the international movie market wasn't big as today or tracked as good.

Image result for Gone with the Wind