• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2019 at 3:12 PM, Bosco685 said:

According to the Guinness Book of World Records (as pointed out by People), Gone with the Wind would've earned $3.44 billion at the box office, if adjusted for inflation by today's ticket prices.

Gone with the Wind would be lucky to earn $3.44 million today, since even historically-accurate southern racism is generally rejected in movies today if it's not 100% clear that the racists are/were the villains.

Edited by valiantman

18 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Gone with the Wind would be lucky to earn $3.44 million today, since even historically-accurate southern racism is generally rejected in movies today if it's not 100% clear that the racists are/were the villains.

Looking forward to your review of the Wizard of Oz's FX, and how it wouldn't hold up to today's CGI standards.

emotion01.gif.e630da24864fc6f379714e0c3f07f1d6.gif

:baiting:

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:
26 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Looking forward to your review of the Wizard of Oz's FX, and how it wouldn't hold up to today's CGI standards.

emotion01.gif.e630da24864fc6f379714e0c3f07f1d6.gif

:baiting:

It's just really ridiculous to 1) hold up a 1939 movie to a 2019 movie and say "If..." AND 2) to give the benefit/win to the 1939 movie, when reality is that it would never work that way.

Two ridiculous premises don't make a legit Guiness World Record. All the legit Guiness World Records are exclusively the result of only one ridiculous premise. :kidaround:

6 minutes ago, valiantman said:

It's just really ridiculous to 1) hold up a 1939 movie to a 2019 movie and say "If..." AND 2) to give the benefit/win to the 1939 movie, when reality is that it would never work that way.

Two ridiculous premises don't make a legit Guiness World Record. All the legit Guiness World Records are exclusively the result of only one ridiculous premise. :kidaround:

It's all good. No records removed from my win cycle. (:

:tink:

3 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Would've liked to see it hit $2.8 billion. It got a few million-dollars lead over Avatar, though.

It'll be a loooooooooong time before anyone challenges this record (or any of Endgame's records).

As someone said earlier, Avatar will probably retake the lead in a re-release just before Avatar 2.

18 minutes ago, valiantman said:

As someone said earlier, Avatar will probably retake the lead in a re-release just before Avatar 2.

If Disney wanted Endgame to break Avatars record, as their new owner, they can just shelve it from any future re-re-release. 

2 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:
24 minutes ago, valiantman said:

If Disney wanted Endgame to break Avatars record, as their new owner, they can just shelve it from any future re-re-release. 

Disney will want as many "all-time record" headlines as they can get, so they'll probably work it so Avatar gets headlines for beating Endgame, then back again.

Gotta love those hardcore Marveltubbies that most probably never read a comic book in their lives, and only know these characters via the films.

Someone created a fake quote he purposely planned to kill off Tony Stark because he strongly disliked him. Now folks are threatening him, raging against the quote and most probably holding their finger over the petition submit button ready to write him off.

doh!

Edited by Bosco685

11 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Gotta love those hardcore Marveltubbies that most probably never read a comic book in their lives, and only know these characters via the films.

Someone created a fake quote he purposely planned to kill off Tony Stark because he strongly disliked him. Now folks are threatening him, raging against the quote and most probably holding their finger over the petition submit button ready to write him off.

doh!

I'm confused...

Why does this matter? lol

Regardless of the fact that the quote is fake, shouldn't the final product be all that matters? Tony Stark had a meaningful death. I couldn't care less if Kevin Feige hated Iron Man for some reason. Endgame did not suffer one bit from any fake animosity. It makes no sense...

27 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm confused...

Why does this matter? lol

Regardless of the fact that the quote is fake, shouldn't the final product be all that matters? Tony Stark had a meaningful death. I couldn't care less if Kevin Feige hated Iron Man for some reason. Endgame did not suffer one bit from any fake animosity. It makes no sense...

Because like people that start new threads because they didn't like the title of someone else's thread ( :baiting: ), these are folks that want what they want.

In this case, it appears they needed a cause to rally around without factoring in details Tony Stark dying was meant to convey sacrifice and closure. Not vindictive intent because a creator didn't care for a character. It's irrational logic.

15 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Because like people that start new threads because they didn't like the title of someone else's thread:baiting: ), these are folks that want what they want.

In this case, it appears they needed a cause to rally around without factoring in details Tony Stark dying was meant to convey sacrifice and closure. Not vindictive intent because a creator didn't care for a character. It's irrational logic.

:banana:

:roflmao:

Even if Russo did hate Stark, though, there's no reason to rally. The movie is fantastic.

35 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

:banana:

:roflmao:

Even if Russo did hate Stark, though, there's no reason to rally. The movie is fantastic.

Whether a film is fantastic or not doesn't matter to these folks. It's about their assumed character use and expectations. It all comes down to what Cagey Mood they have for the day.

cagey_mood.PNG.a78111dd701304a7e962396c62ef3773.PNG

'Bees' seems to be the mood of the moment, leading to 'Angry'. But it will level off to 'Meh' when they realize they reacted to a false story.

8 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Whether a film is fantastic or not doesn't matter to these folks. It's about their assumed character use and expectations. It all comes down to what Cagey Mood they have for the day.

cagey_mood.PNG.a78111dd701304a7e962396c62ef3773.PNG

'Bees' seems to be the mood of the moment, leading to 'Angry'. But it will level off to 'Meh' when they realize they reacted to a false story.

Lmfao this is exactly what I was going to say.

Related note:

Last night I re-watched Infinity War for the first time since just before Endgame was released.

It just reminded me how Tony Stark being stabbed by Thanos was the most visceral reaction I've ever had to a movie. I thought he was gonna die, then and there, and I didn't expect anything like that to happen.