• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

Watched it for the 2nd time last night when it became available on Apple TV. Here are some observations:

1.  It seemed to go by quicker. The 3 hours went by quicker than it felt in the theater. 

2.  Some things worked better the second time while others did not. For instance I enjoyed prof hulk more on this viewing but thought the cap America ending wasn’t as strong. 

3.  Iron man’s death still hits hard. 

4.  Didn’t realize the carnage that Hawkeye brought on was as bad as it was until this time. 

5.  Still enjoyed the time travel scenes but they do lose something on 2nd viewing.  However, there is more to see and appreciate in them.  

Overall, I think I enjoyed it as much and maybe slightly better.  

Does anyone know why there's 2 versions of Thor and Captain Marvel intro scenes? In the film he summons Stormbreaker (which whizzes by her head bringing a gust of wind by her) while in this trailer we see Mjolnir. (2:15 mark). Maybe I missed this being discussed earlier-

And then in this one at about the 50 second mark we see Stormbreaker

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

8 hours ago, KolmarAvenue said:

Does anyone know why there's 2 versions of Thor and Captain Marvel intro scenes? In the film he summons Stormbreaker (which whizzes by her head bringing a gust of wind by her) while in this trailer we see Mjolnir. (2:15 mark). Maybe I missed this being discussed earlier-

And then in this one at about the 50 second mark we see Stormbreaker

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

That is not Mjolnir. It's the hammer side of Stormbreaker.

The Russo Bros historically use alternate shots in trailers to throw off their audiences.

20 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

That is not Mjolnir. It's the hammer side of Stormbreaker.

The Russo Bros historically use alternate shots in trailers to throw off their audiences.

Yup. The circular design on the hammer head with ruins is the tell. Along with the side groove

Thor_hammer01.PNG.d4528683e029b8b1cf0b3f1f7d1c524f.PNGThor_hammer02.thumb.PNG.425888f5491af8c4f3135d93718153a0.PNG

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Yup. The circular design on the hammer head with ruins is the tell. Along with the side groove

Thor_hammer01.PNG.d4528683e029b8b1cf0b3f1f7d1c524f.PNGThor_hammer02.thumb.PNG.425888f5491af8c4f3135d93718153a0.PNG

Another common misinterpretation during the Endgame trailers was the Big 3 walking up to Thanos. A lot of people thought it was Doctor Strange's cape. :eyeroll:

When I was buying Lee/Kirby/Heck Avengers off the rack some 55 years ago, it would have blown me away to know that these books would someday be the foundation for the biggest movie / franchise ever.

Well done, Marvel Entertainment.  :applause: :whee:  :banana:

:gossip:  actually, if I had an inkling that a Marvel comic could achieve this, I would'a bet on the FF or Spidey. 

Edited by Unca Ben

13 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

:gossip:  actually, if I had an inkling that a Marvel comic could achieve this, I would'a bet on the FF or Spidey. 

Fox and Sony agreed with you.  And we're all worse off for it.  :cry:

Edited by fantastic_four

Watched it with family again last weekend (first time viewing at home) and I enjoyed it much more the this time.  I understand Rudd's Ant-Man character was/is the comedy relief but he is such an undervalued MCU actor.  I couldn't help but smile when he was on screen because I know I'd be laughing through my nose.  

Edited by sagekilz