• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

On 1/4/2020 at 4:39 PM, Chaos_in_Canada said:

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker's mixed reviews are proof that culminating films are difficult to nail making Avengers: Endgame more impressive.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-rise-skywalker-avengers-endgame-comparison-worse/

Star-Wars-The-Rise-of-Skywalker-Avengers

Avengers: Endgame followed Infinity War, though. Infinity War was fantastic.

TROS followed TLJ - which was a giant turd.

Had TLJ not sucked huuuuuuuuuuge -insert anatomy here- then TROS could've had the same potential as Endgame.

The publicity campaigns for Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Endgame, Netflix’s The Irishman, Warner Bros’ Joker, Columbia Pictures’ Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Paramount’s Rocketman and Universal’s Us have been nominated for the Maxwell Weinberg Award for Motion Picture Publicity Campaign for the 57th annual ICG Publicists Awards.

The award, which honors guild members for achievements in publicity and promotion during the calendar year, will be bestowed February 7 at the 57th annual luncheon at the Beverly Hilton.

“This year’s nominated campaigns are diverse and creative, covering the spectrum from superhero, comedy, drama, horror and musical,” said Tim Menke, ICG Publicists Awards Chair. “Congratulations to the teams of publicists who orchestrated and implemented these exceptional and successful strategic campaigns bringing people into theaters around the world.”

Last year, Warner Bros took the movie crown for Crazy Rich Asians.

'I LOVE THAT PAYCHECK $3000/HOUR'

Star Robert Downey Jr. has taken the expression "never say never" to heart, evident in him saying Iron Man might one day return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Downey Jr. last appeared as Iron Man in the wildly popular superhero team-up film Avengers: Endgame. Although his character Tony Stark died in the film, Downey Jr. doesn't seem ready to close the door on a potential return.

It's not outlandish to think that Iron Man will one day return to the MCU, as Marvel is no stranger to delving into alternate universes. Although Tony Stark is dead in the timeline where Endgame left off, that doesn't mean there isn't the possibility of bringing him back in an alternate timeline. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige is banking on this "multiverse," suggesting that it's "the key to the MCU's future."

On 1/20/2020 at 8:12 PM, Gaard said:

fanboy mode ...

Does the fact that IM died mean the the Iron Man tech/plans are gone?

Do you mean his suit, specifically? Because I had a same thought the other day... What if War Machine doesn't fully-retire, and the suit takes damage, or the Iron Spider? My guess is that the Stark jet in Far From Home might have the answers?

Idk. I'm guessing that Pepper is in charge of the remaining technology/information. Or Happy. Parker may be the only person left with the combined knowledge and access to keep the legacy characters going.

7 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Do you mean his suit, specifically? Because I had a same thought the other day... What if War Machine doesn't fully-retire, and the suit takes damage, or the Iron Spider? My guess is that the Stark jet in Far From Home might have the answers?

Idk. I'm guessing that Pepper is in charge of the remaining technology/information. Or Happy. Parker may be the only person left with the combined knowledge and access to keep the legacy characters going.

Right there is my guess.

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Right there is my guess.

I'm simply hoping that all of the Stark-inspired characters, minus Parker, are phased out. Let Rhodey retire for good.

Black Panther, and Shuri's vibranium tech are just as good, and can manage that technology themselves. Transition (as we've both said).

Hugo Weaving Explains Why He Didn’t Return to Play Red Skull in the ‘Avengers’ Sequels

captain-america-the-first-avenger-red-sk

‘Oh, yeah. I loved playing that character Red Skull – it was a lot of fun. We were all obliged to sign up for three pictures: I was thinking [Red Skull] probably wouldn’t come back in “Captain America” but he may well come back as a villain in “The Avengers”. By then, they’d pushed back on the contracts that we agreed on and so the money they offered me for “The Avengers” was much less than I got for the very first one, and this was for two films. And the promise when we first signed the contracts was that the money would grow each time. They said: “It’s just a voice job, it’s not a big deal”. I actually found negotiating with them through my agent impossible. And I didn’t really wanna do it that much. But I would have done it.’

Back in October, 2012...

Hugo Weaving Doesn’t Want To Reprise Red Skull in Future Marvel Films

Red-Skull-Captain-America.jpg

I [signed a multi-picture deal] for Captain America. I think the tendency, with those films, would be to probably not bring a villain back. They might for The Avengers, but I didn’t think I’d be in Captain America 2 or 3. I don’t think Red Skull will be there. And it’s not something I would want to do again. I’m glad I did it. I did sign up for a number of pictures and I suppose, contractually, I would be obliged to, if they forced me to, but they wouldn’t want to force someone to do it, if they didn’t want to. I think I’ve done my dash with that sort of film. It was good to do it and try it out, but to be honest, it’s not the sort of film I seek out and really am excited by. As an actor, to do all sorts of different films is great. It stretches you in different ways. But, I increasingly like to go back to what I used to always do, which is to get involved with projects that I really have a personal affiliation with.

Tough Luck, Hugo. 

Greetings Ross. 

untitleddefault.jpg

Even though none of the aggregation sites have taken in that 'found' China box office money, there is no question this has got to be one of the most amazing success stories for any studio.

DC_MCU_BO200127b.thumb.PNG.396a146b91693daf1879dd0b020b56d8.PNG

With the money Disney spent on purchasing Marvel Entertainment, it has made 5.0X times its investment when it comes to production budget vs worldwide box office results. Yes, to get the profit results there is so much more to account for. And all of our analysis would be wild estimations when you think of profit sharing deals, regional agreements (the China distributor helping Disney since Iron Man 3), etc.