• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

On 4/27/2020 at 4:53 PM, Chaos_in_Canada said:

From Russo Brother's twitter

AIW-BTS-IM+DS+alternate.jpg

Is Dr. Strange wearing Tony's armor?  What's the story behind that?  Alternate rescue scene?

4 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Is Dr. Strange wearing Tony's armor?  What's the story behind that?  Alternate rescue scene?

I'd like to know, too, since they both appear to be wearing pieces for Mark L (see: Arc Reactor on Strange; coat on Stark).

I have no idea when or how this scene could have occurred, unless they were considering to have Stark rebuild Mark L and bring it to the past in Endgame...?

So much for wrapping up Cap's journey.

Chris Evans Returning to Marvel As Captain America

Chris Evans is reportedly returning to the role of Captain America after he was largely thought to be finished with it after Avengers: Endgame. The actor is in talks with Marvel Studios to finish a deal which would see him suit up once again. It is unknown whether or not the deal between Evans and Marvel Studios has closed, yet. Evans is expected to return in at least one Marvel property with the deal leaving thee door open for him to appear in another movie later. The report points to Evans reprising the role in a supporting capacity, not a standalone Captain America movie, in the vein of how Robert Downey Jr. played Iron Man in Captain America: Civil War.

Marvel has not commented on Evans returning to the role.

Evans had previously indicated he was finished playing Captain America after the character's arc had seemingly been fulfilled by the end of Avengers: Endgame. "It was a great run and we went out on such a high note that it would be risky to revisit it in my opinion. It was such a good experience and I think it's better left that way," Evans said in May. In his last appearance, Evans portrayed a version of Captain America who was handing over shield (and mantle) to Anthony Mackie's Sam Wilson. Mackie brings Sam Wilson to The Falcon and The Winter Soldier on Disney+ in March, a production which has already wrapped.

How Captain America and Evans will fit into the sprawling Marvel Studios and Marvel Cinematic Universe puzzle remains to be seen. 

Edited by Bosco685

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

So much for wrapping up Cap's journey.

Chris Evans Returning to Marvel As Captain America

If it’s old Steve Rogers, I bet it’s for Captain Marvel 2. 

He has to pass the mantle of Avengers leadership to Carol Danvers.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

14 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

I’m okay with that - it’s not like he’s being resurrected , I was hoping to see him in Falcon / Winter Soldier to provide some guidance . I wonder if this is for a series ( secret invasion perhaps ) or a film ?

If he makes some sort of small cameo, sure, it'll be fine. Personally, I don't want to see any of the Original 6 Avengers after Endgame. It tied up everyone's stories but Thor and Hulk (a mistake on Marvel's part, IMO).

4 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

If he makes some sort of small cameo, sure, it'll be fine. Personally, I don't want to see any of the Original 6 Avengers after Endgame. It tied up everyone's stories but Thor and Hulk (a mistake on Marvel's part, IMO).

Well Hawkeye will be in the new series mentoring his daughter based off the Aja / Fraction run as far as we know , Hulk will almost absolutely be in She- Hulk ... I agree with Marvel making a mistake wrapping up the orig 6 , but feel it’s cool to have this bullpen . Maybe it’ll be Spider-Man 3 since everyone else is in it anyway 

55 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

If it’s old Steve Rogers, I bet it’s for Captain Marvel 2. 

He has to pass the mantle of Avengers leadership to Carol Danvers.

I read somewhere he wanted to pass the mantle to a character with spirit - Ms. Marvel

Spoiler

emotion01.gif.d29981ac61528f423379e9e2186b6983.gif

:baiting: :banana:

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

I read somewhere he wanted to pass the mantle to a character with spirit - Ms. Marvel

Reveal hidden contents

emotion01.gif.d29981ac61528f423379e9e2186b6983.gif

:baiting: :banana:

Not sure what that means. But you sign an actor for an upcoming project, not some theoretical project years down the road. The next MCU movie to go under the lens will be Captain Marvel 2. The timing of Chris Evans coming back for something that adds meaning to the character's legacy is about right. I'll bet bitcoin that it's Captain Marvel 2.

10 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Not sure what that means. But you sign an actor for an upcoming project, not some theoretical project years down the road. The next MCU movie to go under the lens will be Captain Marvel 2. The timing of Chris Evans coming back for something that adds meaning to the character's legacy is about right. I'll bet bitcoin that it's Captain Marvel 2.

With all of the TV projects in the works, anything is possible now. Not just locking a character into the movie franchise.

1 hour ago, bentbryan said:

FF6D120F-DA81-405C-8C2E-FD331E35DDB1.gif

In this accurate analogy, you're right, I am kinda like Peter Parker and Robbie Robertson who try to tell JJJ that Spider-Man is a hero and not a menace to which JJJ responds with hate and laughter. And continuing the analogy, the Captain Marvel non-likers are kinda like JJJ who respond with laugh emojis and disbelief at the idea that Captain Marvel will be the future Captain of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. And like Peter Parker and Robbie Robertson, I'm right.