• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

This is a great story and twist but it would anger me to no end if it really happens. You have to have something in the movie that points to the possibility of such a move, and nothing in Infinity War pointed in this direction. Just like the old line that says if you show a gun in the first act you should use it in the third act, you cannot have a gun just pop up in the third act out of nowhere. This isn't an amateur arthouse production, basic rules of filmmaking have to be respected (as they generally have been so far in the MU movies).

33 minutes ago, Bird said:

This is a great story and twist but it would anger me to no end if it really happens. You have to have something in the movie that points to the possibility of such a move, and nothing in Infinity War pointed in this direction. Just like the old line that says if you show a gun in the first act you should use it in the third act, you cannot have a gun just pop up in the third act out of nowhere. This isn't an amateur arthouse production, basic rules of filmmaking have to be respected (as they generally have been so far in the MU movies).

Maybe a post-credits stinger can feature Galactus played by Woody Harrelson in a goofy helmet.

He can say something ominous like, "You'll meet my HERALD shortly."

Agreed -- if Endgame does have post-credit scenes, they should serve as denouement, not previews. 

For myself, I would look forward to seeing whoever dons the Iron Man suits after RDJ finding a voice program that says 'Tony' on it.  What better way to keep RDJ in future movies than as the voice of the next set of armor like Jarvis and Friday before him?  :)

4 hours ago, Bird said:

attention Rian Johnson!! :)