• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

Press were shown 10 minutes of Endgame. Slight spoilers, though of course most can be assumed.

Avengers Endgame: 10 Things We Learned From Watching 10 Minutes Of Exclusive Footage

It's been 22 days since the end of Infinity War

Given how many different haircuts and facial hair styles various characters have sported throughout the Endgame trailers we've seen so far, there's been lots of speculation about how much time will have passed between the end of Infinity War and the start of Endgame. In this footage, we got a specific answer: When Tony records his extremely sad message for Pepper, which appears to be more or less the movie's opening scene, he mentions specifically that he and Nebula have been stranded in space for 22 days.

But this one at least seems safe. I was wondering with some of the character appearance changes how much time had gone by.

Does an 'Avengers: Endgame' Magazine Hint at a Surprise Marvel Character Debut?

A new magazine commemorating the film has some fans wondering if another Marvel character may make their debut in the film. The Birth Movies Death: Avengers Endgame magazine is up for order at Forbidden Planet. The website includes a few preview pages from the magazine. One of the pages features art depicting...

Spoiler

the cocoon that houses Adam Warlock, described as “The Golden Child.” Fans will remember this cocoon from the end of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Its inclusion in the Endgame-centric magazine has some wondering if it could appear in the next Avengers movie as well.

Adam Warlock in the Marvel Universe is intrinsic to the story of the Infinity Stones. He has often been the custodian of the Soul Stone and he led the Marvel heroes against Thanos during The Infinity Gauntlet event.

On 4/6/2019 at 11:04 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I'm going crazy about GoT.  It has the advantage of premiering in 8 days so it's just slightly more top of mind right now.

With that said, I am ten times as excited for Endgame as I am about GoT.  I've been invested in GoT for 8 years, but I've been invested in Marvel comics for more than three decades.

Every once in a while I pause to think what a truly outstanding job Marvel has done with the MCU, and how lucky we are to have witnessed it.  I know I'm not alone in feeling this way.  For anyone who's been reading about these characters for years and years, anyone who can remember being a little kid and wishing they were real, it's like a dream come true to see them brought to life by such an immensely talented set of writers, actors, directors, and producers.  This capstone to the run is probably going to be pretty emotional for me.

Just watched the last episode of Season 7 again - I am READY!

In the clip, which you can check out for yourself above, shows many of the remaining Avengers and Captain Marvel trying to figure out what to do about Thanos, how to get the lost back, just generally how to fix things. Carol seems to have a solid solution: get the Infinity Stones and use them to bring back the snapped. Easy, peasy, just gotta go find Thanos. However, while Captain America is on board, Rhodey has some questions. It leads up to the moment we've seen before where Thor comes to face Carol and this is exactly where things get interesting. If you turn up the audio pretty loud -- and hearing damage notwithstanding, headphones are very helpful -- and listen very carefully, you will hear what sounds like a female voice saying "I have telepathy" right when Carol looks Thor dead on. The timestamp is at the 0:48 mark, just in case you need it. Go ahead, listen for yourself. We'll wait.

Spoiler

Warlock?

Just now, Bosco685 said:

:gossip: Maybe it was Captain Marvel as she realizes due to some cat scratch she now has god powers. :insane:

The OP you shared would be awful - if it is Captain Marvel.

Your "spoiler" question would be intriguing - while I don't think he'll make an appearance in this one.

14 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

The OP you shared would be awful - if it is Captain Marvel.

Your "spoiler" question would be intriguing - while I don't think he'll make an appearance in this one.

Here is why I lean towards that spoiler one, from an article I posted the other day.

An AVENGERS: ENDGAME Magazine Seems To Hint at The Inclusion of an Unexpected Major Marvel Character

As we all wait to watch Avengers: Endgame in theaters, a new special edition magazine that is focusing on the film is being released by Birth Movies Death. This magazine seems to hint at a major surprise character making an unexpected MCU debut.

There are a few pages from the magazine that you can see online and as you scroll through them, there’s one image that sticks out. One that you can’t help but wonder, “why did they include that!?” Before I go on and tell you what it is, even though this may be nothing, I still want to throw up a spoiler warning:

Spoiler

The image featured in the magazine includes art depicting the cocoon that houses Adam Warlock, and it comes with the caption, “The Golden Child.”

endgame01.PNG.bd33baf1c9308d0b2a0e6db84f4c3b3b.PNG

Here is what the insert looks like in the magazine.

Spoiler

endgame02.PNG.84aaad8574e4bbc4bd05cf80b617da57.PNG

Edited by Bosco685

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Here is why I lean towards that spoiler one, from an article I posted the other day.

An AVENGERS: ENDGAME Magazine Seems To Hint at The Inclusion of an Unexpected Major Marvel Character

Others will disagree, but I would love Warlock to be involved in The End. Maybe part of the reason that it's a 3-hour run time is because of his introduction and scope of influence on the outcome.

It's going to great no matter what, though, I think.

Edit: In the "Thanos Won" TV Spot, Tony Stark has a golden glow upon his face...

Edited by TwoPiece

Just now, fantastic_four said:

I always struggled to find a reason to like Adam Warlock in the comics.  What story did I miss that showed how compelling he is?

None that I know of. lol

There's not much reason to like him other than how important he was in the Infinity Trilogy. IMO he'd be a replacement for Vision.