• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I always struggled to find a reason to like Adam Warlock in the comics.  What story did I miss that showed how compelling he is?

I always enjoyed the Strange Tales #178-181 storyline and the Warlock #9-15 books. Though he does always seems distant from emotions.

If Adam Warlock is the "major surprise character," that's BS.  He's a third-tier character at best, probably more like fourth tier.  The only characters you could really call "major" is if they toss one of the Fox characters into the end credits, which I'll still be surprised if they don't do.

8 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

If Adam Warlock is the "major surprise character," that's BS.  He's a third-tier character at best, probably more like fourth tier.  The only characters you could really call "major" is if they toss one of the Fox characters into the end credits, which I'll still be surprised if they don't do.

But this is the MCU. It makes C, D and Z characters into A players. Right? So why does that matter?

Just now, TwoPiece said:

Adam Warlock is an A-list character when it comes to the Infinity series, though...

I agree! But calling out Adam Warlock is not a high enough character on the list could forget the MCU has been pulling from the lower character list for some time now. Even Ant-Man landed well in the MCU.

12 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I agree! But calling out Adam Warlock is not a high enough character on the list could forget the MCU has been pulling from the lower character list for some time now. Even Ant-Man landed well in the MCU.

Ant-Man was an OG Avenger, though.

Marvel has always had better C-list heroes than DC, IMO.

22 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Adam Warlock is an A-list character when it comes to the Infinity series, though...

So...you've spent pages railing against the mere possibility of Captain Marvel's being the deus ex machina in Endgame but now you'd be okay with an even _more_ last-minute introduction of Warlock?

Umm...

Also, what if the twist is it's a _female_ version of Warlock? Consider:

a) it's a female voice in the clip

b) we still don't know who Katherine Langford is playing.

How about a character named Eve Warlock?

1 minute ago, Gatsby77 said:

So...you've spent pages railing against the mere possibility of Captain Marvel's being the deus ex machina in Endgame but now you'd be okay with an even _more_ last-minute introduction of Warlock?

Umm...

I never said that I want Warlock to swoop in and save the day.

Adding both Captain Marvel and him to the puzzle isn't a bad idea.

A single character shouldn't make a difference. They could also define what Warlock can and cannot do, as opposed to revealing no limits of Danvers in her solo film.

This is all disputing something that isn't concrete. Danvers is in Endgame. I would guess that Warlock is not.

2 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Also, what if the twist is it's a _female_ version of Warlock? Consider:

a) it's a female voice in the clip

b) we still don't know who Katherine Langford is playing.

How about a character named Eve Warlock?

Doesn't really make sense. She calls him "Adam" in the GotG V2 credit scene.

Again, disputing nothing concrete, though.

Swapping character's genders doesn't interest me.

If Warlock comes in and saves the day, then this isn't really a "culmination of a decade". "We gotta finish this", says Stark. The big players who have more emotional ties to the audience are the ones that have to be the center of most everything.

Kinda how Gauntlet was playing out - layers and layers of offense. The Original 6 have to be the center of attention, with other guys playing a part, because they lost with the numbers they already had.

Thanos was on a smash and grab. Now he doesn't have an objective. The heroes do. They weren't prepared and now they have a chance to put together a game plan and 'make it right'.

15 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Umm...

I wouldn't call this a last-minute addition, if true. His intro occurred in Guardians 2.

'I think I will call him...Adam!'

Edited by Bosco685
An HD video instead

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I wouldn't call this a last-minute addition, if true. His intro occurred in Guardians 2.

'I think I will call him...Adam!'

I'd forgotten about that. I actually walked out of Guardians 2 a bit after Ego transformed. Found it even worse than Thor 2, where I fell asleep in the theater.

The other way they could go is have Katherine Langford play Adam Warlock, thus emphasizing (via her female voice) his androgyny.

1 minute ago, Gatsby77 said:

I'd forgotten about that. I actually walked out of Guardians 2 a bit after Ego transformed. Found it even worse than Thor 2, where I fell asleep in the theater.

The other way they could go is have Katherine Langford play Adam Warlock, thus emphasizing (via her female voice) his androgyny.

You may be attempting to get a rise out of TwoPiece with this female conversion. It wouldn't be consistent with the previous events (though supposedly you missed it). And with James Gunn returning, Feige is probably going to honor the groundwork provided by Gunn to finish out the Phase III run.

Neither Danvers nor Warlock should heavily contribute to victory.

It would be nice if they both make a push in the right direction.

Maybe Warlock is in the Soul Stone and has to tell the heroes that a sacrifice is required to be able to use the Soul Stone? Red Skull won't be there to tell them this. How will they figure it out?

I know that Gunn demanded that Warlock doesn't fully appear until GotG Vol 3. I find it very, very, unlikely that he appears. Since Gunn was still on-board during principle photography, I would basically guarantee that he doesn't have a major impact in Endgame.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

You may be attempting to get a rise out of TwoPiece with this female conversion...

Probably. He tried to troll me before. I'm not falling for it.

I'd prefer it if people were genuine. I don't think it's a lot to ask for. Oh well.

It literally makes 0 sense to have a female Warlock. There's no such character in the comics that I'm aware of.

It's a long-shot that they'd go either with a female version of Warlock or have him be played by a woman, a la Bart Simpson.

Still, if not --

Who's playing Warlock?

Who's Katherine Langford playing? And why keep her (and only her) role a secret this late in the game?

Just now, Gatsby77 said:

Who's Katherine Langford playing? And why keep her (and only her) role a secret this late in the game?

I thought that she was Barton's daughter in the "Official Trailer" released last month? At least, I swore that I heard commentary about that being her (may have been another actress that we weren't sure of her role).

Otherwise, isn't she Cassie Lang?

Idk.

2 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

I see three people without assigned characters in the IMDB credits.  I wouldn't read much into it yet.

7 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

It's a long-shot that they'd go either with a female version of Warlock or have him be played by a woman, a la Bart Simpson.

Still, if not --

Who's playing Warlock?

There are a few options that have been considered.

Who Is Katherine Langford Playing in ‘Avengers 4’?

Spoiler

MORGAN STARK or LADY LOKI could be two solid options. Though the others are just as interesting.