• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2018 at 12:57 AM, jsilverjanet said:

I watched infinity war again, and that final scene after Thor strikes him when he sees child Gamora doesn’t fit. Why does he see that? Then come back and teleport out

also it’s super clear that Dr strange needed to give up the time stone to save tony. He says it was the only way

Thanos didn't teleport in that scene. I believe it was a glimpse into his consciousness after snapping his fingers. Then he opened his eyes & told Thor he should have gone for the head & teleported out of there. That's my 2c on the matter.

Edited by chezmtghut

On 8/6/2018 at 1:06 PM, chezmtghut said:

Thanos didn't teleport in that scene. I believe it was a glimpse into his consciousness after snapping his fingers. Then he opened his eyes & told Thor he should have gone for the head & teleported out of there. That's my 2c on the matter.

I thought he told Thor he should've gone for the head before the dream sequence happened, he snapped his fingers after Thor dealt the blow, dream sequence happened, then he teleported out of there with the diminished Gauntlet, which he took off after teleporting

I still don't understand Dr. Strange's motivation. It would be interesting if it was indeed to save Tony Stark. Perhaps Stark is the key player in stopping Thanos.

19 hours ago, IkewithMike said:

I thought he told Thor he should've gone for the head before the dream sequence happened, he snapped his fingers after Thor dealt the blow, dream sequence happened, then he teleported out of there with the diminished Gauntlet, which he took off after teleporting

Maybe I'm wrong about how the sequence went down, but Thanos had just gotten the mind stone & added it to his gauntlet, so my point is that scene with Gamora was the stone showing us a glimpse into his mind, showing his confliction. What he really wanted was to see his little girl again.

59 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

Maybe I'm wrong about how the sequence went down, but Thanos had just gotten the mind stone & added it to his gauntlet, so my point is that scene with Gamora was the stone showing us a glimpse into his mind, showing his confliction. What he really wanted was to see his little girl again.

Sure. It was a plot device for our benefit. A lot of movies use it.

Anyone else disappointed in the portrayal of Thanos to begin with? It's Disney, so it wouldn't be rated R, but I would have preferred it. Unrealistic yes, but hey, I'm an adult.

On 8/1/2018 at 12:57 AM, jsilverjanet said:

I watched infinity war again, and that final scene after Thor strikes him when he sees child Gamora doesn’t fit. Why does he see that? Then come back and teleport out

He's actually dead and is in the soul gem. (shrug)

15 hours ago, kdoginohio said:
On 7/31/2018 at 11:57 PM, jsilverjanet said:

He's actually dead and is in the soul gem. (shrug)

That was my theory.  Everyone who "stayed" actually died and they're in the Soul Gem.  Everyone who vanished survived.  A little switcheroo.

4 hours ago, valiantman said:

That was my theory.  Everyone who "stayed" actually died and they're in the Soul Gem.  Everyone who vanished survived.  A little switcheroo.

Except that really wouldn't work for the big battle in Avengers 4 - who are they going to fight, a dead Thanos? 

4 hours ago, Chillax23 said:

Except that really wouldn't work for the big battle in Avengers 4 - who are they going to fight, a dead Thanos? 

After they realize where they are, they have to get out somehow. Only the stones can possibly do that.

On 8/9/2018 at 9:15 PM, kdoginohio said:

After they realize where they are, they have to get out somehow. Only the stones can possibly do that.

Or, they realize that everyone else is in the soul gem and they need Scott Lang to shrink them to get in the stone.

On 8/9/2018 at 9:15 PM, kdoginohio said:

But if Thanos is in there - he wouldn't have the gauntlet with him would he? 

Perhaps AV4 starts with Infinity War just being one of the million of possibilities that Dr. Strange saw with the time stone :) Nah - I think everyone is over thinking it - Captain Marvel joins the fight, Tony comes up with some "genius" way to solve the problem and they go after Thanos -Epic battle ensues and  Captain America and a couple others (Hawkeye maybe) die in the fight (for real) and everyone else returns.