• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Holy!

Yeah,  out of the gate really fast.  Seems like 900 mil opening weekend is likely ( is it even feasible to hit 1 bill opening weekend). Seems destined to hit 2 billion by third weekend. Can it be the first movie to 3 billion. The early numbers are just staggering. The movie is on 4600 screens and theaters want to add more screens but available screens are running out. Looks like in some areas there are just not enough seats to accomidate the demand for opening weekend.

I also saw reports of some theaters basically staying open overnight so they can have 1 and 2 AM showings with showing s being added at like 6:30 AM for Friday and Saturday morning and those are selling out.

I even know several people leaving work early or taking the day off to see this movie tomorrow.

Just crazy.

14 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I got spoiled!!!:facepalm:

Some insufficiently_thoughtful_person posted in the title of a YouTube video "(Spoiler Info Here)...Warning:  Spoiler Video" and you can see the movie capture picture.

Ugh!

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

13 posts per day over 6 years about what... 10 minutes-30 tops

2.5 hours x 90 times in less than a year 

yeah sorry I hurt your feelings in the process 

enjoy that popcorn this weekend

Didn’t hurt my feelings, just pointing out that we’re all wasting our time in one way or another. No need to be judgmental about it. 

Yesterday was technically the "opening day" for Avengers: Endgame, even though time zone magic meant that yesterday was technically China’s second day for the MCU blockbuster. The film earned an $80 million “pure Wednesday” gross, which is second only to Monster Hunt 2’s “pure opening day” gross of $86 million last year. That said, the record-crushing $28 million in midnight previews pushed Avengers 4 to $107.2 million over its whole opening day. That is the second-biggest single day gross for any movie outside of Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ $119 million North American opening day back in December of 2015.

Including a $47.6 million Thursday in China, the MCU flick has earned $216.6 million thus far as it prepares for a record-crushing bow in North America (over/under $280 million?), China (over/under $300 million in five days?) and around the world. Avengers: Infinity War opened overseas last year with $382 million. That doesn’t count China (which opened a couple of weeks later) and obviously doesn’t include North America. Offhand, a $400 million “not China” overseas launch plus a $300 million Chinese bow will put the film at (presuming at least $260 million in North America) at $960 million.

21 minutes ago, drotto said:

Over under on Endgame taking down Avitar as highest grossing movie ever?

I have a feeling it will happen sooner than expected with these results so far.

Also, what are these guys smokin'?

"The mega-franchise's biggest fans will likely embrace the waterlogged sentimentality that pervades the entire three-hour affair. But where does that leave those of us who just wanted a good movie?"

This is the 22nd film of the franchise. If you're not invested in seeing it because of the preceding films, then what exactly are you doing..?

"I might be tempted to describe Infinity War and Endgame as a couple of the worst and ideologically vacuous blockbuster movies ever made - except I'm no longer sure they should even be called movies."

What!?

7 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:

Every movie that has gone on to become a cultural touchstone has had its detractors upon release, Wizard of Oz, The Godfather, you name it.

Right?

Look at Balls of Fury. A cultural and spiritual powerhouse of a movie. Only 22% of critics felt positive about this film. Yet it has led to a fanatical movie-goer base, it has impacted religions and even political stances on key topics, and influenced revolutions around the world.

What a movie!