• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

Avengers: Endgame earned another $8.3 million in North America on Wednesday, down an understandable 33% from its $12.518 million Tuesday. That’s the same “day 12 to day 13 drop” as Avengers: Infinity War. Nonetheless, the film has earned $652.9 million in 13 days of domestic release, putting it past Jurassic World ($652 million) in unadjusted domestic earnings. And it’ll either pass Titanic ($659 million counting the reissues) tonight or very early tomorrow.

After that, it’s Avengers: Infinity War ($679 million, so probably tomorrow or early Saturday), Black Panther ($700 million, so probably Saturday), Avatar ($760 million, so probably next week) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($937 million, so, yeah that’s not gonna happen). It is still behind Jurassic World in terms of inflation/tickets sold ($717 million adjusted, so that’s just a matter of time) and it’ll never catch up to Titanic ($1.221 billion counting that 2012 3-D reissue).

So it’s actually nice of James Cameron to offer a congratulatory note on the film both passing Titanic in unadjusted domestic earnings ($659 million) and unadjusted worldwide earnings ($2.188 billion). Whether Endgame gets past Avatar in overseas ($2.028 billion) and worldwide grosses ($2.788 billion), that’s still a hell of a thing considering how many movies have tried and failed to surpass even Titanic, let alone Avatar. I hope Endgame topping Avatar makes Cameron more determined for Avatar 2 to kick all of our collective butts.

Someone was so motivated by the Captain America third act Endgame scenes, he created a 3-D printer statue.

Even the level of detail shown with Mjolnir is impressive.

Edited by Bosco685

2 hours ago, paperheart said:

countdown to Avatar: $460MM; after this weekend, maybe $280MM.

If it comes within spitting distance, I wouldn't be shocked if Disney doesn't spend a few million dollars to try and beat that number.

But I honestly don't think it will take down Avatar.

1 minute ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

If it comes within spitting distance, I wouldn't be shocked if Disney doesn't spend a few million dollars to try and beat that number.

But I honestly don't think it will take down Avatar.

Like it did with Black Panther when it boosted theater counts, it could attempt to do this again. But we shall see if it will bother since both are Disney properties now.

30 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Like it did with Black Panther when it boosted theater counts, it could attempt to do this again. But we shall see if it will bother since both are Disney properties now.

I would expect this to happen around the time Spidey comes to theaters. 

1 minute ago, chezmtghut said:

I would expect this to happen around the time Spidey comes to theaters. 

So tag-team films again, and take advantage of the renewed excitement?

8 hours ago, RedRaven said:

I don't get this list. 

Snow White grossed 184m back in the day,  Gone with the Wind grossed 200m,but adjusted in almost a billion over Snow White 

Ten Commandments grossed 65m, 28 years after Snow White, but adjusted is 200m over Snow White

Edited by marmat

9 minutes ago, marmat said:

I don't get this list. 

Snow White grossed 184m back in the day,  Gone with the Wind grossed 200m,but adjusted in almost a billion over Snow White 

Ten Commandments grossed 65m, 28 years after Snow White, but adjusted is 200m over Snow White

good question. i blame Dopey

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

So tag-team films again, and take advantage of the renewed excitement?

Yes, exactly what they did with Captain Marvel. I don’t think many of us expected it to reach around 430 Domestic last month. 

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

That’s amazing. 

25 minutes ago, marmat said:

I don't get this list. 

Glad you pointed that out. I always said this inflations chart is laughable. Guess I never paid close attention to those details. 

11 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

Yes, exactly what they did with Captain Marvel. I don’t think many of us expected it to reach around 430 Domestic last month. 

That’s amazing. 

Glad you pointed that out. I always said this inflations chart is laughable. Guess I never paid close attention to those details. 

Is there a site where it's explained how the adjustment is calculated?