• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, paperheart said:

bizarre that Int'l was off by over $4MM on a supposed $16MM+ weekend.  $5MM last week was from China, so don't see how it could get anywhere near $25MM Int'l this week.  Unless it gets a huge pre-Far From Home bump, don't see another $100MM in the tank. #2 but tried harder

I just went over the #’s again & it looks like 79.6M (13-19) & 38M (20-26). Still, that’s without China since Wednesday, so the drops have been lower overall. Probably around 20M (27-2) & around 40M more by the end of it’s run. It may get a bump from Spidey near the end before it’s pulled, but will likely be 10M - 25M from Avatar when all is said & done. I never thought it would make it this close last month though. I figured 2.3B - 2.5B at best. What an insane opening. I heard Stark might make a surprise cameo in Homecoming. I figure it would be like one of those uncle Ben cameo’s. Milking his last few million from Marvel I guess.:eyeroll:

Edited by chezmtghut

IW from day 33 to the end made roughly $51m North America.  EG seems to be losing steam faster than IW.   Also the NA gross is now higher than international and that likely won't get better with EG out of China.  Unless there is a push by the fans it seems Avatar is getting out of reach.  For a movie that's only been out little over a month it does seem it's be out there for quite some time.  I suppose the cliffhanger effect really made the numbers heavily front loaded.

8 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

...I heard Stark might make a surprise cameo in Homecoming. I figure it would be like one of those uncle Ben cameo’s. Milking his last few million from Marvel I guess.:eyeroll:

Probably something to do with the FRIDAY Glasses he has on in Trailer #2 when he says, "oh my god..."

I don't recall this being posted:

Avengers-Endgame-character-screen-times.

Truly a love story to the Original 6.

Ant-Man's quantum involvement gave him a lot of screen time. Tony Stark's best friend makes sense. Thanos' biological daughter. Not sure how they chose Rocket, though.

6 hours ago, 234wallst said:

IW from day 33 to the end made roughly $51m North America.  EG seems to be losing steam faster than IW.   Also the NA gross is now higher than international and that likely won't get better with EG out of China.  Unless there is a push by the fans it seems Avatar is getting out of reach.  For a movie that's only been out little over a month it does seem it's be out there for quite some time.  I suppose the cliffhanger effect really made the numbers heavily front loaded.

Half the audience has been gone for 5 years, so they have a lot of catching up to do outside the movie theater. :kidaround:

7 hours ago, 234wallst said:

Endgame made roughly 27M domestic Monday - Sunday while it did 38M internationally. It should be closer to par this week with around 20M on both ends because of the Memorial Day bump, but still likely higher overseas. Made 1.83M Tuesday (125k lower than IW). Should be roughly 60M behind Avatar by Sunday. Add another 20M - 25M by June 10th, then another 12M - 15M by the 17th (if it continues following IW’s trajectory). By that point domestic #’s will be higher than International. Under those optimal circumstances, Endgame could reach Avatar with a late June early July bump from Spider-Man with the school break. 

8 hours ago, 234wallst said:

If it finished domestically at $850m (it is looking like it will come up short of that with it now starting to trailing IW at the same point) the total box office take domestically will be about 2.4x opening weekend.

27 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

Endgame made roughly 27M domestic Monday - Sunday while it did 38M internationally. It should be closer to par this week with around 20M on both ends because of the Memorial Day bump, but still likely higher overseas. Made 1.83M Tuesday (125k lower than IW). Should be roughly 60M behind Avatar by Sunday. Add another 20M - 25M by June 10th, then another 12M - 15M by the 17th (if it continues following IW’s trajectory). By that point domestic #’s will be higher than International. Under those optimal circumstances, Endgame could reach Avatar with a late June early July bump from Spider-Man with the school break. 

The-Numbers is actually showing Endgame did ever so slightly better than what you noted.

DC_MCU_BO190529a.PNG.f851781971b80c88343a7915b9e558cb.PNG

So that puts it at $110,549 below Infinity War Day 33. Every little dollar counts when trying to close that gap.

DC_MCU_BO190529c.PNG.de829628ba1e9b1637bc574a15d5c3cd.PNG

So right now it is $99.3M away from matching Avatar's unadjusted 2009 worldwide total.

DC_MCU_BO190529b.thumb.PNG.a49db08e443de4dcdc273dc1ac9cacc3.PNG

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The-Numbers is actually showing Endgame did ever so slightly better than what you noted.

DC_MCU_BO190529a.PNG.f851781971b80c88343a7915b9e558cb.PNG

So that puts it at $110,549 below Infinity War Day 33. Every little dollar counts when trying to close that gap.

DC_MCU_BO190529c.PNG.de829628ba1e9b1637bc574a15d5c3cd.PNG

So right now it is $99.3M away from matching Avatar's unadjusted 2009 worldwide total.

DC_MCU_BO190529b.thumb.PNG.a49db08e443de4dcdc273dc1ac9cacc3.PNG

I meant to put 1.853M, which Forbes reported earlier today. Will likely end it’s last 15 weeks with a lower total than IW unless it gets a major boost from Spider-Man like Captain Marvel did, so probably 40M but 50M isn’t impossible. I expect we will see drops around 40% -  45% internationally, rather than 50% - 60%+ we saw the 1st 4 weeks. 

29 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

I meant to put 1.853M, which Forbes reported earlier today. Will likely end it’s last 15 weeks with a lower total than IW unless it gets a major boost from Spider-Man like Captain Marvel did, so probably 40M but 50M isn’t impossible. I expect we will see drops around 40% -  45% internationally, rather than 50% - 60%+ we saw the 1st 4 weeks. 

The next few days will be interesting.

DC_MCU_BO190529d.PNG.eba8f0e4630074b2b5823b29c59aeaab.PNG

1 hour ago, rjrjr said:

If it finished domestically at $850m (it is looking like it will come up short of that with it now starting to trailing IW at the same point) the total box office take domestically will be about 2.4x opening weekend.

Avengers 3x, IW 2.6x, AoU 2.4x, Endgame 2.4x- biggest opening by far offsets shorter legs

8 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

I don't recall this being posted:

Avengers-Endgame-character-screen-times.

Truly a love story to the Original 6.

Ant-Man's quantum involvement gave him a lot of screen time. Tony Stark's best friend makes sense. Thanos' biological daughter. Not sure how they chose Rocket, though.

I don't recall Rhodey having so much screen time and dialog relative to others close his total - must just be in the background in a lot of shots.  To some degree that applies to Ratchet as well, but he did have the retrieve Thor scene.

10 hours ago, 234wallst said:

I don't recall Rhodey having so much screen time and dialog relative to others close his total - must just be in the background in a lot of shots.  To some degree that applies to Ratchet as well, but he did have the retrieve Thor scene.

Now that you mention it - yeah, I don't recall Rhodey being all that front-and-center, especially since Nebula didn't stick with him and had her own Time Quest. He was there in the beginning, went to The Garden, and communicated with Natasha so Idk.

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, 234wallst said:

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

Now that you mention it - yeah, I don't recall Rhodey being all that front-and-center, especially since Nebula didn't stick with him and had her own Time Quest. He was there in the beginning, went to The Garden, and communicated with Natasha so Idk.

giphy.gif

noreference01.jpg.9bc00ac0ca81798db8217b4be8830d2c.jpg

Spoiler

ratchet01.PNG.2c3e25c84f627c3deee994c0b2b8fb37.PNG

:insane:

6 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Tony Stark called Rocket "Ratchet" when he was working on the Quantum Tunnel at Avengers HQ.

I know. I saw the movie. I just thought it was funny for that one word posting that big image to confirm you were in on it, but then went off to discuss the plot details.

:insane::baiting: