• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

On 9/25/2017 at 8:04 AM, ghengishahn said:

Wait, what?  Wasn't Peggy Carter on her death bed in Captain America: Winter Soldier and looking like she was 100 years old?  How is she looking so young in Avengers 4?

Flashbacks, time stone, dream.  

On 6/11/2017 at 9:32 PM, Bosco685 said:

The reason why Chris Evans extended his contract to Avengers 4. Rumor is this will lead to what was expected in Civil War.

Chris Evans On Why He Extended His Marvel Studios Contract

why-chris-evans-extended-his-marvel-stud

Send him back in time to be with Peggy Carter.

19 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

X-Men helmer Bryan Singer just got fired from Fox, so that ups the chances of Marvel gaining back some control IMHO.

Bryan Singer, Michael Bay, and Zack Snyder...

I keep watching their next movie hoping it will be better and keep getting disappointed.  Time to find the next Taika Waititi or Patty Jenkins.

14 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Bryan Singer, Michael Bay, and Zack Snyder...

I keep watching their next movie hoping it will be better and keep getting disappointed.  Time to find the next Taika Waititi or Patty Jenkins.

Combine all three of their directing credits, and I think I legitimately like one film (Usual Suspects). The remainder range from passably mediocre to absolutely awful. 

Edited by october

On 12/5/2017 at 3:51 PM, Comicopolis said:

Send him back in time to be with Peggy Carter.

“because it made sense. It’s going to wrap everything up.”

Or maybe Darth Emo will shank him with a lightsaber.

With His Contract Expired, Chris Hemsworth Says He Wants To Keep Playing THOR After AVENGERS 4

Speaking to IGN while promoting his upcoming movie 12 Strong, Hemsworth revealed that he would love to continue playing Thor in future Marvel films, though that wasn't always the case.

"I’ve just, literally two days ago, finished Avengers 4 and that’s my contract -- my preexisting contract is done now, so it’s kind of like, 'wow, that’s it,'" Hemsworth said. "Two or three films ago I was like, 'okay, a couple more.' I was enjoying it but I was like... I felt a little restricted. And after this last experience with Taika, and actually these last two Avengers, I feel like we’ve reinvented the character a number of times -- even in these next two, he evolves again, and you don’t get that opportunity often in a franchise. So I definitely feel a renewed sense of excitement and enthusiasm, and more so than ever, I think."

For now, though, Hemsworth is focused on the upcoming showdown with Thanos, which begins with Infinity War on May 4, 2019, and seemingly concludes with Avengers 4 a year later. Marvel fans are well aware that the clash with Thanos could result in some longtime fan-favorite Avengers dying - probably the ones with expiring contracts. Of course, contracts can be renewed and with the success of Thor: Ragnarok, it's hard to imagine Disney and Marvel saying goodbye to Hemsworth after revitalizing the standalone Thor films.

Although Hemsworth pointed out that "right now, it's about Avengers and it's about that storyline and those characters," he acknowledges Ragnarok opened a whole world of potentially new and exciting adventures for the God of Thunder.

"I also think there’s an appetite for it now, or there’s a far greater range of possibilities of where he can go now, what he can do, just because we’ve kind of broken the mold a bit," Hemsworth said.

Like the selection of Chris Evans as Cap, to me Hemsworth was another solid casting decision. I'd like to see him continue on.

On 12/6/2017 at 9:29 AM, october said:

Combine all three of their directing credits, and I think I legitimately like one film (Usual Suspects). The remainder range from passably mediocre to absolutely awful. 

I did like this by Bay.

NSFW

Maybe he should move on from Transformers?

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

With His Contract Expired, Chris Hemsworth Says He Wants To Keep Playing THOR After AVENGERS 4

Like the selection of Chris Evans as Cap, to me Hemsworth was another solid casting decision. I'd like to see him continue on.

watch Hemsworth speak about the character Thor at the 4:00 minute mark :eyeroll:

7 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Some are saying this last photo of Mark Ruffalo leaving the set with a traveling bag on a pole is a hint of some solo production of Hulk on the road like the Hulk TV show.

I finally figured out how to log back into my account on this damn fancy-schmancy new forum :banana:

In any case, this seems like a HUGE spoiler, that I am thrilled about. I doubt this will lead to a Hulk solo adventure, but love that it leaves the Hulk open for a revisiting whenever the time is right.

8 hours ago, TheLiamSturgess said:

I finally figured out how to log back into my account on this damn fancy-schmancy new forum :banana:

In any case, this seems like a HUGE spoiler, that I am thrilled about. I doubt this will lead to a Hulk solo adventure, but love that it leaves the Hulk open for a revisiting whenever the time is right.

:hi:

I agree, and especially since Universal Studios still holds the Hulk's distribution rights. But it would be cool if they consider taking him to a TV show like the old Ferrigno concept to get around the movie rights issues.

AP_8805090258.jpg

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

:hi:

I agree, and especially since Universal Studios still holds the Hulk's distribution rights. But it would be cool if they consider taking him to a TV show like the old Ferrigno concept to get around the movie rights issues.

AP_8805090258.jpg

I would definitely watch that! :D I adored the '70s TV show when I found the DVD set at a flea market in 2008. But I wonder if the budget to animate the Hulk would be prohibitive for a TV venture hm 

See the Hasbro Marvel Legends Series Infinity Gauntlet Replica In Action

Thanos_3.jpg

Yesterday we told you about images that had surfaced online showing off what appeared to be a new Marvel Legends series Infinity Gauntlet prop replica from Hasbro. Well now thanks to the folks at 219 Collectibles we have some video to share with you showing the Gauntlet in action.

The wearable replica features lights, sounds and articulated figures. No word on when it will be released here in the United States or price which I am sure we will learn next week during the New York Toy Fair that begins on Saturday, February 17. Generally these Marvel Legend Series replicas cost in the neighborhood of $100 but again we don't know exactly how much this one will retail for. One of the videos also gives us a look at how big this thing is. Looks to be made so it actually fits Thanos.

Marvel-Legends-Infinity-Gauntlet-02__sca

Marvel-Legends-Infinity-Gauntlet-03__sca

Marvel-Legends-Infinity-Gauntlet-01__sca

Chris Evans is not yet at Brett Favre levels of “I’m leaving but I’m not” when it comes to his role in the MCU post-Avengers 4, although he also can’t help that he’s constantly asked about it. Last year, the actor expressed a lot of ambivalence about potentially staying on, essentially saying that he might do it if asked (his contract is up after Avengers 4), but was also looking at doing other things. It’s a refrain we’ve heard from him for awhile, but it matters because Captain America has really become the heart and soul of the MCU. Evans has made Steve Rogers both goofy and badass. He’s smart, strong, and sweet. He’s dreamy. He’s everything that a superhero fighting for good should be.

However, we’ve also heard a lot of talk on how these two upcoming Avengers movies will close the book on the last ten years of Marvel. Realistically, that probably means that some of our favorites are going to leave this cinematic mortal coil. Will Cap be one of them? No character’s death would indicate the triumph of evil (in this case, Thanos) over good like Cap’s would. It would also clear the way for Bucky (or even Falcon) to take up the mantle of Captain American in his absence, which happens in the comics, marching into a new era for the MCU.

The New York Times reports that, for his part, Evans told them in a recent interview:

"For now, he has no plans to return to the franchise (“You want to get off the train before they push you off,” he said), and expects that planned reshoots in the fall will mark the end of his tenure in the familiar red, white and blue super suit."

Avengers 4: Cassie Lang Casting Rumors Could Reveal Film's Plot

avengers-4-cassie-lang-emma-fuhrmann-cas

Given how little we know about next year's sequel to Avengers: Infinity War, as well as Infinity War itself, fans have many questions about the movie. This latest casting rumor will likely cause even more head scratches.

That Hashtag Show is reporting Emma Fuhrmann has joined the cast of Avengers 4 as Cassie Lang, Ant-Man's daughter. Emma is six years older than current Cassie actor Abby Ryder Fortson, leading to a whole new wave of speculation about the movie. Fuhrmann's management did not comment, leading some to believe the report is accurate.

If this is the case, it would lend more credence toward the rumors of time travel having a major impact on the plot of the untitled Avengers sequel, though this would be the first indication that the film would be exploring the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Photos from the set of the movie seemed to reveal some Avengers would find themselves back in the Battle of New York, which occurred in the first film. This was supported by the appearances of Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth, who looked like they were in those costumes for their characters.

Speaking with Bustle, the Russo Brothers admitted that they, in fact, have a name chosen for the next Avengers/Guardians team-up.

“We do have a name for it, we’re just not announcing it," Anthony Russo revealed. "And I think we came to that name fairly early in the development process. It speaks to the heart of the story.”

Originally titled Avengers: Infinity War - Part 2, Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige ultimately decided to scrap that in favor of something else. Feige himself has recently said that plan backfired on the studio.

"And now will have no chance to live up to any expectations of what it's gonna be," Feige explains. "And it sort of backfired, if I'm honest with you, because the notion was to not talk about it so the focus was to be on [Infinity War]."

In the same interview, Feige admitted that the studio is not sure when they'll be releasing the official name for the much-anticipated movie.