• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
3 3

107 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

This particular thread- it does not bother me that a lot of the books have not sold. I know that most of these books are priced above the mean, but not in all cases. Compare my Archie 46 to the 3.0 on eBay. It is also the nicest copy that I see available on the internet right now. CC has a 5.0 (?) :roflmao: for sale now for $125 but it is pretty rough. 

This is not a group of books that have to be sold, but it is the money I use to breathe more money back into the community by buying more books.

(thumbsu

4 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

This particular thread- it does not bother me that a lot of the books have not sold. I know that most of these books are priced above the mean, but not in all cases. Compare my Archie 46 to the 3.0 on eBay. It is also the nicest copy that I see available on the internet right now. CC has a 5.0 (?) :roflmao: for sale now for $125 but it is pretty rough. 

This is not a group of books that have to be sold, but it is the money I use to breathe more money back into the community by buying more books.

I'm a miser Rick. Like Uncle Scrooge  "I love to dive around in them like a porpoise, and burrow through them like a gopher, and toss them up and let them hit me on the head!" I'd rather sell crack than my books. Great group as always just waiting for the right one...

11 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I'm a miser Rick. Like Uncle Scrooge  "I love to dive around in them like a porpoise, and burrow through them like a gopher, and toss them up and let them hit me on the head!" I'd rather sell crack than my books. Great group as always just waiting for the right one...

@Robot Man you are exempt.  I see you pick up some very cool books at cons though.  I just assume you have almost everything.  

5 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

You (along with Jimjum) ALWAYS have interesting stuff. Prices can vary, selection can vary, but overall you are more than fair. I can't remember your pricing ever being a factor in not making a purchase from you. 

7 hours ago, Comcav said:

You know the best way to get more stuff shown here?  Buy more.  These kind folks are trying to sell their goods, and the more they move, the more people will offer great stuff.  Vote with your dollars!

You on the other hand are a pain the a*s.

Not everyone can spend 7/24 looking at threads which is why I'm buying more from auction houses than here (exceptions being some posters here accepting want lists). 

You are are a machine sir...lol

Edited by N e r V

10 minutes ago, N e r V said:

You (along with Jimjum) ALWAYS have interesting stuff. Prices can vary, selection can vary, but overall you are more than fair. I can't remember your pricing ever being a factor in not making a purchase from you. 

I figured it was less about the money and more about staying away from the lemon verbena scent I spray on all my packaging.  :foryou:

5 hours ago, N e r V said:

You on the other hand are a pain the a*s.

Not everyone can spend 7/24 looking at threads which is why I'm buying more from auction houses than here (exceptions being some posters here accepting want lists). 

You are are a machine sir...lol

Cheers!

On 4/25/2017 at 8:45 AM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Jungle 45-2.0- tape. $50

This is not an easy book to find FYI.

IMG_8454.jpg

SKMBT_C25216081917500.jpg

IMG_8455.jpg

:takeit:   Not normally a grade I would buy but like you say, very hard to locate a copy.  Thanks for listing!

On 26/4/2017 at 7:03 PM, Comcav said:

You know the best way to get more stuff shown here?  Buy more.  These kind folks are trying to sell their goods, and the more they move, the more people will offer great stuff.  Vote with your dollars!

Of course, you are right. But my money is limited and focus pretty narrow, so it’s less likely to see things I would buy when most people list SA and BA books.

Hence, my comment. :)

23 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I am delighted by your ability not to "over-attach" yourself to a single book, and to buy, enjoy and pass on.
It would be tough for me with most of my books… :)

37 minutes ago, vaillant said:

I am delighted by your ability not to "over-attach" yourself to a single book, and to buy, enjoy and pass on.
It would be tough for me with most of my books… :)

"Our greatest strength and our greatest flaw are one and the same. "

Ricksneatstuff (probably heavily lifted from tons of other great thinkers :wink:)