• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show off your under-appreciated art
1 1

105 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, The Shoveler said:

x2.  Would be nice to see some Boris The Bear and It's Science With Dr. Radium artwork hit the streets...

I second (triple?!) that. Looking for some Boris art too.

This thread totally made me think of Boris the Bear!  

What a seriously bizarre shift in tone that comic took!  It started as a satire piece to make fun of, and then slaughter all of the popular characters and trends in comics of the time, and then turned this humorless, depressing book.

I remember as a kid buying it month after month thinking, "Okay, surely THIS month he's going to get back to killing TMNT clones.  Nope, this is the one where it turns out his best friend was molested."

On 5/22/2017 at 4:53 PM, desertdogg20061 said:

a awesome page in my collection that do get any love is my Kevin Vanhook   page 18 from caliber comics rocky picture horror show # 1.     larry ;]

comic art update june 2015 006.JPG

This is outstanding. I didn't even know this book existed. 

On 6/1/2017 at 0:19 AM, Flambit said:

This thread totally made me think of Boris the Bear!  

What a seriously bizarre shift in tone that comic took!  It started as a satire piece to make fun of, and then slaughter all of the popular characters and trends in comics of the time, and then turned this humorless, depressing book.

I remember as a kid buying it month after month thinking, "Okay, surely THIS month he's going to get back to killing TMNT clones.  Nope, this is the one where it turns out his best friend was molested."

I must have dropped the book before it turned into "a very important After School Special episode of Boris The Bear."  My only memories of the book are happy adolescent fun...With a dose of Sophomoric Suspense© in the case of the "Dump Thing" issue!

607817.jpg

Here is my favourite piece of Todd McFarlane Spiderman art that I have.  It is from Spiderman issue #2 Page 9.  Enjoy. I have decided to sell it at Heritage Auctions in August to pay for my some of son's education.  Enjoy it.  I bought it at a comic book convention in Toronto from Todd McFarlane who was selling it.

Spiderman #2 - Page 9 Full View.JPG

8 hours ago, MooseBoyz said:

Here is my favourite piece of Todd McFarlane Spiderman art that I have.  It is from Spiderman issue #2 Page 9.  Enjoy. I have decided to sell it at Heritage Auctions in August to pay for my some of son's education.  Enjoy it.  I bought it at a comic book convention in Toronto from Todd McFarlane who was selling it.

Spiderman #2 - Page 9 Full View.JPG

You and I have different definitions of "under-appreciated".

On 6/7/2017 at 7:41 PM, kav said:

Ross Campbell unrecognized genius and author/artist of 'Wet Moon'.  Two of my pages:

ross_campbell.jpg

wet 3.jpg

It's great stuff, nice pages! I loved Campbell's work on Glory.

12 hours ago, irchooker said:

I haven't asked her explicitly, but my understanding is that Sophia is her correct name.  Sophie is the nickname she predominantly uses.  

This exactly. 

But the reason we're talking about her so much is her name needs to be brought up more as a fantastic artist that needs a lot more recognition

wet_moon04-orig.jpg

On May 31, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Jordysnordy said:

Godzilla 2 was the 1st comic I ever remember reading as a child and the title has always had a soft spot in my heart. The stories weren't bad but Herb's Trimpe's art captivated me. I was fortunate enough to buy the splash page to issue 14 from HA in 2004.

God 14A.jpg

That is a GREAT page! Very much appreciated IMO. Congrats!!

1 hour ago, mister_not_so_nice said:

The reason we're talking about her so much is her name needs to be brought up more as a fantastic artist that needs a lot more recognition

wet_moon04-orig.jpg

So true!  I'll throw some pieces in there, to highlight her skills at portraying action, movement, expression, and cuteness, of course!

Wet Moon 1 pg 151.jpg

wm5cover.jpg

waterbaby.JPG

On 5/24/2017 at 9:57 AM, F For Fake said:

Bret Blevins is my go to for the "underappreciated artist" tag. I think he's just tremendous. He draws the cutest babes, he is great at cartoony art, he's great at illustrative art, he can paint, he does it all. But there just isn't much of his art out there at all. This is my favorite piece of the very few I've been able to track down. 

gbpgMVBI_280217134949lola.JPG

hm