• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you could only keep 5 books
6 6

418 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, rainmaker said:

these books will only come to the market if i were to upgrade.  if not they are untouchable.  i have a few really great pre-robins that would be on this list but if the demand continues at the current rate the $$ we could be talking in a few years may honestly be hard to pass.  

Pep 36.jpg

Glad to see this book made someone else's list as well :)

18 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

i wake up my Tribe is losing and my post is gone. What's happening!!!?!!! ? 

14c2b68ea553e27288159c446dcb2aa8_houston

I have wanted a copy of that Foxhole for a long time. That whole short run is so awesome, but so tough. 

The Lovers' Lane is amazing. It's like the 1950's itself is gently punching me in the face when I look at that cover. 

2 minutes ago, october said:

The Lovers' Lane is amazing. It's like the 1950's itself is gently punching me in the face when I look at that cover. 

I also think it is the most subtly suggestive cover in comics.

+1 just going to say that myself - the one shoe off, the skirt showing are pretty edgy for the time in a very subtle fashion

compare with Baker's streetlamp pro in GCE 12

you want them both - one's a little more affordable - if you can find a nice one!

btw technique wise - the draping pencil work on the skirt and especially the guy's jacket arm are fantastic.  Fuji painted cover!  :luhv:

Cool idea for a thread Rick

I had no trouble thinking of 3 but after that, it's all a blurr. I would post the 3 but can't get the photobucket thing to work right now so you will just have to wonder.

I would probably have trouble narrowing it down to 5 short boxes...

Sounds like you got the same problem I have.

15 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

These are so darn neat!! I love em all!! 

Thanks. (thumbsu  I'm the only person on the entire planet with these 5 books.  Over the past 8 years I've sold all my other ashcans - but not these.

On 4/25/2017 at 1:22 PM, G.A.tor said:

I found it almost impossible to pick my top 5...hence, I asked what others would choose...

and I kept it golden age since this is the GA forum lol

Well I can help you start.

Whiz comics #22.

Now you only need to add your next 4. :baiting:

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

How 'bout Terrific #5 or Supe #14. Come Rick, do we have to do this for you???

I believe you have at least one more on my short list (maybe both)... I must be transparent lol

16 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I believe you have at least one more on my short list (maybe both)... I must be transparent lol

Why don't you just post your 5 highest graded Whiz comics #22 and call it a day.