• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you could only keep 5 books
6 6

418 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Point Five said:

OK, finally tried my hand at this. :D At first glance my collection doesn't lend itself that well to the top 5 exercise, as I have tons of different niche interests and not many big keys. But I love these early DCs and Fox so much, and the Chamber of Chills gets classic precode and GGA in there so it rounds out the group nicely. A good mix of 'earliest', 'love 'em the most' and 'toughest for me to replace'. Bright colors and big logos abound!

a4lb9g.jpg

Great books Jon! I especially like the Action 12 choice and Weird 1 has always been a personal favourite. Your list shows me that your Science 1 is for sale? :baiting:

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Last five GGA covers (no particular order)

comgiantcom12_zps98684840.jpg

comphantomlady17_zpsb4z3tswo.jpg

comfight35_zpsl2h0zrqe.jpg

comsunny12_zpswsuyfspp.jpg

comdownwithcrimecgc_zps7fxha0ox.jpg

Great subset choices in all RM :headbang: I know how much you love GCE 12 and FAC 20. Owned the first , sold it because it came back restored (regret it now though) ship has sailed on the second.. ( but I can admire yours ).

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:34 PM, circumstances said:

waiting and debating isn't making it any easier (and the choices keep changing), so this is this evening's top five:

20170427_192247.jpg

If the choices keep changing, what book(s) fall out of this insanely iconic group?

The Arrow would seem to me to ebb and flo, but it may be your fave... :cloud9:

Just now, PopKulture said:

If the choices keep changing, what book(s) fall out of this insanely iconic group?

The Arrow would seem to me to ebb and flo, but it may be your fave... :cloud9:

It is, but the ones in my second five (AS 3, MF 52, MF 55, AA 16, AMF 2/7) could have made the first five, plus many others (lots of other issues of Funny Pages, Amazing Mystery Funnies, Funny Picture Stories, various Timelys and DCs). My faves are fluid!

2 minutes ago, circumstances said:

It is, but the ones in my second five (AS 3, MF 52, MF 55, AA 16, AMF 2/7) could have made the first five, plus many others (lots of other issues of Funny Pages, Amazing Mystery Funnies, Funny Picture Stories, various Timelys and DCs). My faves are fluid!

Your cup runneth over, sir. (worship)