• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you could only keep 5 books
6 6

418 posts in this topic

If you could only keep 5 books

My previous attempt seems to have disappeared??

So if at first you don't succeed, try, try again...

Post PICTURES (not a list) of your 5 favorite Golden Age books...the ones where if someone told you "you can only keep 5"....

Edited by G.A.tor

2 minutes ago, circumstances said:

it would have to be the five most valuable (i guess?), i have some faves that wouldn't crack the top 20 dollar-wise.

this is not a "value" thread...consider them "worthless"...which 5 are "the" 5 you keep with you...

Difficult question, Rick.

Surprised to see the "answer man" actually asking a question.  Not sure I even have an easy answer.

I know Action #2 would be in the list (my all time favorite cover)

After that it would be difficult to choose between the Early Actions I like (for example #5), with those worth $$$$ (for example #7 and #10).

I know I would also want to keep my B&W If the Devil Would Talk. 

The thread title said "5 books", but then I see you narrowed it down to just GA.  This helps as I have 1 or 2 SA that might otherwise take up spots in the top 5 must keeps.

Not sure this answers the question, but it is the best I can do without more serious consideration.

4 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

this is not a "value" thread...consider them "worthless"...which 5 are "the" 5 you keep with you...

This helps.

Action 2 and If the Devil Would Talk (B&W) would still make the list.

May make picking the other 3 a little easier.

Hard to pick just five but here goes;Wonderworld 7,Punch 12,Dynamic 8,Funny Pages 40 thanks to a boardie this would never have happened and the search was long,and Amazing Man 22 would never be able to get another nowadays.

14 minutes ago, jr81784 said:

In no particular order: Speed Comics 35, Human Torch 23, Mask Comics 1, Zip Comics 32, Mystic Comics 8. Can't go wrong with Schomburg, Cole and Montana. :x

can you post pics please... I want to "see" best 5 :wishluck:

4 minutes ago, comicjack said:

Hard to pick just five but here goes;Wonderworld 7,Punch 12,Dynamic 8,Funny Pages 40 thanks to a boardie this would never have happened and the search was long,and Amazing Man 22 would never be able to get another nowadays.

again, need some pics!...you and I have at least one, maybe 2 in common...

if I could only keep five (the on a desert island scenario), I'd make my choice based on the Golden Age comics that had the best tales inside, not necessarily the best covers. Not having read a lot of Golden Age comics (other than a few reprints), I don't have a top five, but I'd be curious to know how many of the comics selected so far actually have great stories inside (in addition to their amazing covers).