• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you could only keep 5 books
6 6

418 posts in this topic

Ignoring value and rarity these are the ones I would keep out of my collection and here is why:

Planet 71: One of the most beautiful comic covers ever made, period.

Earth Man on Venus: Giant purple alien ant eating fairy lady, crazy 50s awesomeness.

Jetta #5: This is the actual book that got me started into collecting comics.

Man O'Mars: Green alien lady, hero space man, and a ray gun...the three ingredients for a great sci fi cover.

Forbidden Worlds: I have a thing for mutant creature covers and this one is probably my favorite of all time.

top 5.png

23 minutes ago, atomic1950s said:

Ignoring value and rarity these are the ones I would keep out of my collection and here is why:

Planet 71: One of the most beautiful comic covers ever made, period.

Earth Man on Venus: Giant purple alien ant eating fairy lady, crazy 50s awesomeness.

Jetta #5: This is the actual book that got me started into collecting comics.

Man O'Mars: Green alien lady, hero space man, and a ray gun...the three ingredients for a great sci fi cover.

Forbidden Worlds: I have a thing for mutant creature covers and this one is probably my favorite of all time.

top 5.png

Those are cream of the crop atomic!!(thumbsu

13 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

You both taste fabulou....

..uh...wait....what?

I am definitely going to be reevaluating my top five after the Jon Berk auction. I know Green Giant one will be bumping one of my previous top fives. 

On 5/7/2017 at 5:39 PM, catman76 said:

No one is going to be impressed with my picks lol  and I guess I broke the rules since most aren't golden age, but these are the one's I'd pick if I had to only have 5 comics for the rest of my life, just ones I enjoy the most and have sentimental value to me.

007.JPG

Great pick on the Detective Comic book.  I remember buying that one as a cheap back issue when I was a kid.   I read the story and thought.... "Wow... this is really deep.... what if the animals we put a zoo feel just like Batman and Robin did when the aliens placed them in a zoo?"   SPCA must have been proud when this issue came out!

8 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

jp8ny7.jpgjVJh64.jpg

PrCXk9.jpg

:applause:Great runner ups Larry! The Berk auction and a few since have shook up a lot of peoples choices since this Thread originally dropped. And i'm certain the Mile High heavy HA auction coming up will do so even more.