• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are Neal Adams prices any better at cons?

7 posts in this topic

I have been wanting to get a Neal Adams sketch for sometime now. I noticed on his store site he  charges  $500 for a bust on a sketch blank.  Does he charge the same  high  amount  at cons? 

Thanks guys :)

I paid $400 last year when I pre-ordered and picked up at a con. But, maybe he raised his prices. I got a bust on a blank.

Edited by kevhtx

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:10 PM, K. Johnson said:

I have been wanting to get a Neal Adams sketch for sometime now. I noticed on his store site he  charges  $500 for a bust on a sketch blank.  Does he charge the same  high  amount  at cons? 

Thanks guys :)

At the recent Tidewater Comicon he was set up( 3 weeks ago) and I was in early helping a dealer friend set up, so I took the opportunity to visit. I idolized him in the 70's and eventually want something. His blanks there were 500-700 and were very nice. He also had original pages available, but the were pushing 5 figures. He did say an on the spot sketch was 150........ GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

If you go on Sunday you can get better prices because the serious collectors typically buy early on at the con.  That said, you may not get the quality of work you would get from booking before hand.