• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Comic Book Auction May 2017

13 posts in this topic

The Church Suspense #3 is sorta nice.  Alternatively graded so won't link or post the scan but the lot that I wish I could sell enough plasma for is the Frazetta BSG painting.  I remember those ads and wondered wished the series delivered as much visually as Frazetta was able to.  Still liked the show as a post-Star Wars TV fix but the legend is the legend.

8 hours ago, telerites said:

The Church Suspense #3 is sorta nice.  Alternatively graded so won't link or post the scan but the lot that I wish I could sell enough plasma for is the Frazetta BSG painting.  I remember those ads and wondered wished the series delivered as much visually as Frazetta was able to.  Still liked the show as a post-Star Wars TV fix but the legend is the legend.

Already at $75k :flipbait:

On 4/26/2017 at 6:10 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Many nice books indeed, particularly SA.

Well, not quite SA, but how about this GA key here:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/detective-comics-38-dc-1940-cgc-vg-35-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7163-91007.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

I am currently the high bidder here, so if nobody else bids on this book, I should be able to win it.  :whee:

Seriously though, any idea if this copy here is going to beat the price that the CGC 3.0 graded copy that CC was able to get in their last auction.  Somehow, I doubt it as this copy here, although graded higher back in 2012 does not seem to present quite as nice the lower graded copy that sold in the CC auction.  (shrug)

17 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Seriously though, any idea if this copy here is going to beat the price that the CGC 3.0 graded copy that CC was able to get in their last auction.  Somehow, I doubt it as this copy here, although graded higher back in 2012 does not seem to present quite as nice the lower graded copy that sold in the CC auction. 

(thumbsu

Wow, there seems to a lot more love for Wonder Woman with the Heritage clientele as opposed to the CC customer base.

Prices seems to be quite strong for virtually all of her books after only a few days into the auction, as evident by this Church copy of Sensation:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/sensation-comics-72-mile-high-pedigree-dc-1947-cgc-nm-94-white-pages/a/7163-92117.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Maybe somebody is banking on the upcoming Wonder Woman movie to be a big hit, although I guess the Church pedigree never hurts the valuation of a book.  (thumbsu

Anyone want to guess on the final price for the More Fun 52 that is restored and graded at a 2.0?  

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/more-fun-comics-52-dc-1940-cbcs-apparent-gd-20-slight-to-moderate-a-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7163-94147.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

Amateur restoration could be redone by a pro and perhaps look a bit better.  Just see the book so rarely don't really know what to expect and the resto makes it even more unpredictable.

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Wow, there seems to a lot more love for Wonder Woman with the Heritage clientele as opposed to the CC customer base.

Prices seems to be quite strong for virtually all of her books after only a few days into the auction, as evident by this Church copy of Sensation:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/sensation-comics-72-mile-high-pedigree-dc-1947-cgc-nm-94-white-pages/a/7163-92117.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Maybe somebody is banking on the upcoming Wonder Woman movie to be a big hit, although I guess the Church pedigree never hurts the valuation of a book.  (thumbsu

It does not 

53 minutes ago, comicjack said:
2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

It does not 

Unless, the CC customer base is different, it hasn't really seem to have helped with this Church copy of a earlier WW Sensation:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=676934

Sure looks nice relative to its assigned grade, but pretty much running at half of the Sensation 72 even after 3 weeks on the CC auction site.  ???