• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UNBREAKABLE II: GLASS (1/18/19)

74 posts in this topic

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:21 AM, fantastic_four said:

Finally saw "Split" last night.  Wow, Anya Taylor-Joy is stunning.  :luhv:  Those eyes look like they're right out of Japanese anime.

How exactly did she get those scratches on her stomach?  Are we to assume her uncle did that?

MV5BYzRiMjkxNzctMmQ1OC00MTU4LTlmNTctY2Yx

Watch her in "The Witch" (my opinion, the best movie of 2015,) "Morgan" (a kind of Blade Runner-lite,) and "The Miniaturist."

At one point, before all the X-Men stuff, I had her pegged as the next J-Law.

On 1/10/2019 at 11:08 AM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Uh oh:cry:.  There's enough negative reviews to make me take pause.  Especially with some of the things they are saying.  This might have to be a "wait and see" movie:frown:.

why not just watch it and make up your mind yourself. If the movie or the topic interests you. I see plenty of movies without caring what the reviews say or even reading the reviews. Name any movie (or almost any movie) and I can find you a review that thinks it's amazing and one review that thinks it's the worst thing on earth. 

24 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

why not just watch it and make up your mind yourself. If the movie or the topic interests you. I see plenty of movies without caring what the reviews say or even reading the reviews. Name any movie (or almost any movie) and I can find you a review that thinks it's amazing and one review that thinks it's the worst thing on earth. 

Agreed!  But, this isn't some "Venom" movie where you have zero expectations for.

There's just a little more prestige with this one, especially with the first two installments.

But, I remember the critics (that I read) were ho-hum with "Unbreakable" back in the day too.

On 1/11/2019 at 6:16 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Sure, but I put myself on a budget for movies.  There are a handful of movies that are "must see" even if critics hate it...Venom is the perfect example of that.

There are too many movies to see in theaters without going broke.  That's the purpose of reviews...to determine if you should see it in theaters.  It's a $50 date night:cry:.

Hollywood has only 4 different bad guys-the crazy happy go lucky joker type, the uber powerful thanos type, the arrogant evil rich guy type, and the corrupt power figure type (bad cops etc).  Of the four, I find the CrAaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzy happy type the most annoying.

On 1/13/2019 at 4:11 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Sure, but I put myself on a budget for movies.  There are a handful of movies that are "must see" even if critics hate it...Venom is the perfect example of that.

There are too many movies to see in theaters without going broke.  That's the purpose of reviews...to determine if you should see it in theaters.  It's a $50 date night:cry:.

Not true. We go to a sat matinee for $4 each and get popcorn and a drink for $15

all in under $25

1 hour ago, faster friends said:

Not true. We go to a sat matinee for $4 each and get popcorn and a drink for $15

all in under $25

I took my girlfriend to Crave, got 2 orders of sushi before seeing Spider-man: Into The Spiderverse where we got popcorn, candy and drinks.  In total about $100.  Date night is different for everybodylol.

4 minutes ago, bane said:

Why can't you go to the movie and just watch the movie?

I never understood why people need to stuff their face with overpriced drinks & popcorn.

A significant part of the reason I do it is because I know that local theatres make the vast majority of their income from the concession.  I could easily smuggle in a reasonably-portioned bag of Sno-Caps that cost me $1, yet I buy the ones there for $5 because I like having movie theatres to go to locally, so I feel compelled to support them.

21 hours ago, kav said:

Hollywood has only 4 different bad guys-the crazy happy go lucky joker type, the uber powerful thanos type, the arrogant evil rich guy type, and the corrupt power figure type (bad cops etc).  Of the four, I find the CrAaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzy happy type the most annoying.

Where would you put say Joe Pesci on this scale of four? I would say he is closest to the lucky joker type (in this case, a normally jovial nutcase, who can suddenly snap and cause you a lot of harm and make you very intimidated). In that case, he was a great villain, IMO. Same for Robert DeNiro, Cape Fear. I almost kind of agreed with the last comment, but thought of some exceptions. I get the annoying, laughing, insufficiently_thoughtful_person type... but maybe, need more than four classes to clarify.

Edited by bronze_rules

Just saw it and thought it was great. That said I’m a pretty big ShymalanaFan. I think most of his work is pretty brilliant. 

Glass is not perfect but I loved it. Took a bit of time to mull over some parts but it all makes sense.... Nice to see these characters again on the big screen. 

Gotta go with the Goobers over the Snow Caps as well! 🙂

Edited by Darth Corgi

Glass receiving a B Cinemascore just means this could be just as deep as Unbreakable and it takes time for people to digest the movie messaging.

I don't think the average person considers Unbreakable unwatchable. But back then...

unbreakable01.PNG.74b1ab6c96f77e89fcfe63ffd4911c5e.PNG

B+/A- As always, difficult to fit so many into one. However, I thought it was great. Excellent, well thought out culmination. Nephew who saw neither of the first two, thought it was brilliant.

Hedwig was as enjoyable as ever. Bruce looking a little old. Jackson really shined again, IMO. Though you might not expect that at first.

Edited by bronze_rules