• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UNBREAKABLE II: GLASS (1/18/19)

74 posts in this topic

Finally saw this film.

I was okay with it. Not a film I would watch repeatedly like an Unbreakable. But it does bring closure to all three characters, and how they relate to one another.

The secret society was a twist I wasn't expecting.

I loved this film. Believing in Vedic philosophy, where humans are described as having mystic powers in ancient times that are now suppressed in present day, I see it being rooted in reality more than most viewers would realize. That's why I love comics so much, they give us a chance to glance back at ancient times through a modern mindset, even if it's just on a subconscious level.

Edited by chezmtghut

Dumb.

Spoiler

In the movie 'Glass' the mastermind secretly videos all the feats to show the world superheroes exist!!
Um the 'feats' consisted of a guy bending a steel bar-probably hollow-seen guys do that on youtube-and a guy thrown against a van and the van rocked-seen that too and I dont believe superheroes exist.
Um.....

Shyamalanaalan or whatever pls hire me-what needs to be shown is something strong humans cannot ever do-oh like flip a van thru the air or jump 12 feet in the air or telekinesis or something. I'll work for free bruh.

Plus even if people did see that on youtube they wouldnt go OMG superheroes exist! I might be one!! No, they'd just say CGI big deal.  Also plus everyone doesnt start viewing a youtube video all at once and you look around in train station and every single person is watching the youtube video. Movie dumb on so many levels.  Yeah I dont think some youtube video ever got 100 million + hits in 30 seconds.

Plus wtf-Dunn gets weak just being around water??  Um his body is 60% water-shouldnt he be weak all the time???

Omg what if he TAKES A DRINK OF WATER!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by kav

7 hours ago, kav said:

Plus wtf-Dunn gets weak just being around water??  Um his body is 60% water-shouldnt he be weak all the time???

I have to bite my tongue every time someone says that this movie was brilliant and the people who don't like it, just aren't deep enough.

This was one of many other major plot holes.

11 hours ago, kav said:

Ohhhhhhh. There are some that would be upset with this. Are you wearing an 'F' on your shirt?

emotion01.gif.95cd1741a5d754bc883beb7770167cee.gif

Edited by Bosco685

When news broke that iconic director M. Night Shyamalan would be making a sequel to Unbreakable and Split, a lot of fans were very excited. Unfortunately, the reviews for the film upon release were less than stellar. This is something that Shyamalan found particularly tough, as he explains during a lecture at NYU’s Stern School of Business (via Indiewire):

“I was in London when I heard the U.S. reviews for Glass were poor. I was in a makeup chair for a TV show, and I cried. We’d just come back from the London screenings, which were through the roof. We had only great screenings of the movie around the world. So essentially I wasn’t prepared. I had this false sense of being a part of the group in a safe way. But boy, did I feel distraught that day.”

9 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

20million?! How...cast had to be a huge chunk of that...

I was shocked too. Most probably it turned into a passion project for them all, leading to lower rates of pay to make it happen.