• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Planet Comics #53 Recil Macon Pedigree
1 1

28 posts in this topic

On 4/27/2017 at 10:07 AM, mem72 said:

Btw, this is why I joined this site.  Love this post !

PhantomLady.JPG

That's my book (and post)! Glad you got one of your dad's books, that's so cool. 

Have you seen what he wrote on the back of the book above? I will find the scan I made. It's some weird little poem about someone that was in class with him. I will dig it up. 

Edited by october

On 4/26/2017 at 3:02 PM, mem72 said:

Planet Comics #53 Recil Macon Pedigree

Thanks to a wonderful wife, we were finally able to get our hands on one of my Dad's comics.  I smile every time I look at it.

IMG_0634.JPG

This is an all-win thread.  Thanks for sharing this and coming to the boards.  I am happy you were able to get the book and connection to your father.

On 4/27/2017 at 11:21 PM, lou_fine said:
On 4/27/2017 at 7:22 PM, comicnoir said:

The story of this hobby is the original owner (in most cases) receives very little when selling. 

What your father got instead was immortality in this hobby. That rarely happens.

+1

Yes indeed, as your father's name will continue to live on in comic book history long after all of us have gone to the big LCS in the sky.  :golfclap:

+1 (thumbsu

Edited by Gotham Kid