• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Superheroes Decoded' on History Channel

9 posts in this topic

'Superheroes Decoded' on History Channel

I apologize if this has been posted already...

History is tapping some big names from Marvel and DC to uncover the hidden origin stories of comics' biggest heroes. 

The cable network will air the two-part special Superheroes Decoded on April 30 and May 1, and it's got an impressive lineup.

Some of the talent interviewed on the show: Marvel legend Stan Lee, Avengers: Infinity War directors Anthony and Joe Russo, Marvel star Anthony Mackie (Falcon), Game of Thrones author George R. R. Martin, Iron Man director Jon Favreau and DC Comics writer Brad Meltzer.

Part one will look at the creation of iconic heroes such as Superman, Batman, Captain America, Wonder Woman and Spider-Man and track their development as it relates to U.S. history — from World War II to Vietnam to 9/11. 

Looks like it will have some good stuff for Golden Age fans!

Anybody else plan on watching...

I watched but really wasn't too impressed. Really only covered Superman, Batman, Capt. America and a little Wonder Woman. They really rushed through it. Didn't even mention SA Flash, or GL. Right to Marvel and really just Spiderman and Cap again. I liked seeing all the artists and writers. Would have like to see more fans.

Looks like they are rushing to get to the movies which were popping up a lot in last nights episode. I doubt I will watch tonight. It will probably just be a Marvel movie fest.

What did you guys think?

I watched part 1 last night. It was decent. It's history channel, so I certainly expected it to show how comics/characters where influenced by the Great depression/WW2/social issues, etc.