• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New CGC Grading Fees Effective June 1, 2017
1 1

95 posts in this topic

On 6/2/2017 at 9:34 AM, Poka said:

The online form still requires 15 copies of value. When will this be updated?

Same problem. I just tried to submit a couple of Value and it wouldn't let me due to the 15 book minimum.  I guess I'll just take the time to call.

• Administrator
On 6/1/2017 at 5:58 PM, mschmidt said:

Yeah, I spotted that too.

And as it looks like both Economy and Value tiers now have a max value of $400 & there's no longer a number of a books requirement for the Value tier, I don't see a reason to ever submit anything under the regular Economy tier again (shrug)

Value tier has a value of $200.00.  Economy is $400.

26 minutes ago, Brittany M. said:

Value tier has a value of $200.00.  Economy is $400.

That explains it, then - when I looked at the page last week, the Value tier value had been bumped up to $400. Guess it was a typo when you guys were changing the page.

• Administrator
On 6/2/2017 at 9:57 PM, kryptospidey said:

No imaging option that I've found yet,so it's paper invoices and higher fees for me I guess.  No one will reply to my inquiries about it here in multiple threads now

If you need a question answered you can email me directly for assistance: bmcmanus@cgccomics.com

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, mschmidt said:

That explains it, then - when I looked at the page last week, the Value tier value had been bumped up to $400. Guess it was a typo when you guys were changing the page.

that's my fault.  The changes were delayed in getting updated.  I'm sorry about that.

• Administrator
On 5/15/2017 at 4:05 PM, MadGenius said:

Maybe we should aggregate the various glitches into one list to make it easy for them to fix? :smirk:

My biggest issue right now is that the online form does not calculate the correct shipping cost (which should be $0) when you choose the option to ship under your own FedEx account. This should be a fairly simple fix for the programmers, but it's been a problem since day one.

If your shipping account is not on file with us, it will not calculate correctly. You can call me or email me to get that handled. 

bmcmanus@cgccomics.com ; 1-877-662-6642 ext 250

Hey, I could use some help...

Economy now says $38 with 10% discount it's about $35

wasn't it always $35?

did the Economy price not go up ??? Anyhelp is appreciated :) 

On 5/16/2017 at 8:13 AM, Transplant said:

That's not an answer.  Why would higher volume = greater prices?  In most businesses, it's the exact opposite.

Think about gas prices.  More people drive during the summer, but do prices increase or decrease?  They increase because they know the demand will be there and they want to cash in as much as possible.  PR people spin it as  a way to help the environment so less people drive causing less pollution lol  But CGC is doing the same thing.  They know this is their bread and butter and the vast majority of their books are MA, so they up the prices.

Jerome

I have a question Economy is for under $400 value and Modern is for under $200 value

Has CGC removed the year restriction for Modern to Economy? I just had the LCS say this and only charge me modern prices for TOD #10, ASM #97 & #98, and a IH # 162

In other words if I have a pre-1975 book but the value of the graded book is under $200, can I pay the Modern Price?

Spoiler

It's insane to say that pre-1975 has to be over $200..... none of Mine were; and the price of $38 dollars can't be right for a book valued under $200 even if it is a pre-1975, sigh

14 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I have a question Economy is for under $400 value and Modern is for under $200 value

Has CGC removed the year restriction for Modern to Economy? I just had the LCS say this and only charge me modern prices for TOD #10, ASM #97 & #98, and a IH # 162

In other words if I have a pre-1975 book but the value of the graded book is under $200, can I pay the Modern Price?

Reveal hidden contents

It's insane to say that pre-1975 has to be over $200..... none of Mine were; and the price of $38 dollars can't be right for a book valued under $200 even if it is a pre-1975, sigh

No. You can't submit a pre-1975 book under the Modern tier - your LCS screwed up.

1 hour ago, mschmidt said:

No. You can't submit a pre-1975 book under the Modern tier - your LCS screwed up.

should I go back and tell him, let him eat the cost, or pay the difference?

Surely I could just pay the value tier, which is only $7 more? (he charged me $20 per book which is Modern Price, and Value is $27). I mean I only submitted 4 books that's like $28 and should I pay before he sends? It would be doing him a solid :) 

He might make me pay the difference when I pick up the books, and who knows if I don't say anything the books might get bumped to Economy instead of Value tier...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

should I go back and tell him, let him eat the cost, or pay the difference?

Surely I could just pay the value tier, which is only $7 more? (he charged me $20 per book which is Modern Price, and Value is $27). I mean I only submitted 4 books that's like $28 and should I pay before he sends? It would be doing him a solid :) 

He might make me pay the difference when I pick up the books, and who knows if I don't say anything the books might get bumped to Economy instead of Value tier...

If you don't say anything, CGC will change the sub to an Economy tier invoice - it won't go to Value.